How to watch us!
Dashing's Stuff!

Cop's Stuff!

Looking for feedback on WEB

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Looking for feedback on WEB

Post by Austin? on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:52 pm

Funny seeing some specific people complaining about new people getting big pushes.

Anyway, I dig your stuff dude. As others have said, the coding could use some work to beautify them. For reference, this is the coding system I use for my promos.

http://communityuniverse.forumotion.com/t696-steak-potatoes-ringo-maxx

Ignore the writing, focus on the organization in that one.

Austin?
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alveuss on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:59 pm

Austin? wrote:Funny seeing some specific people complaining about new people getting big pushes.

Excuse me?

2017 Newcomer of the Year

~~~~~~~~~~

Alveuss
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin? on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:41 pm

Austin?
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gumblesnore on Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:20 pm

all i'm saying is that i deserve a push more

Gumblesnore
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Santa Borton on Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:33 pm

a push off a cliff

Santa Borton
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Santa Bato on Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:10 pm

Coding is easier for me to read personally.

Santa Bato
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WEB on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:21 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. Good to know my promos are solid so far. Also very helpful to know there are some good resources I can use to get custom logos when I need to. I dont know how much I will use them for WEB (unless the group evolves in a different direction than they seem to be headed in right now,) but it will certainly be helpful for my own universe. Making 35-50 unique wrestlers without custom logos to differentiate them is tedious as hell.

I will for sure take a look into ways to improve promo coding. I had noticed a number of promos were very colorful text wise and wanted to stay away from that. The newest one i decided to try and color code the names for to give it a little clarity, so good to see that it is something that was needed. I will definitely play around with different things there moving forward (whenever that is.)

Glad you guys recognize the mega push wasnt (all) on me, I just came up with the idea. Dashing is the one who actually let it happen lol. Granted the group idea would be a bit shaky without the mega push. Still, I must admit that I was probably as shocked as anyone to see Jeff Wallace's rating at a 98.

As for the shield thing, yeah you caught me there. The shield is for sure the most high profile and recent stable that inspired the group. Though I may be arrogant enough to think the group itself is different. The members themselves are certainly different enough. I think Justin Edwards has a bit of Seth Rollins in there, but outside of that they are all pretty far off. I actually had fallen away from WWE for a few years when the shield was establishing themselves, so didnt really get to know the members except as singles competitors.

WEB
Pleb
Pleb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Santa Bato on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:23 am

web i like you

Santa Bato
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Twyztad on Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:06 am

WEB wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys.  Good to know my promos are solid so far.  Also very helpful to know there are some good resources I can use to get custom logos when I need to.  I dont know how much I will use them for WEB (unless the group evolves in a different direction than they seem to be headed in right now,) but it will certainly be helpful for my own universe.  Making 35-50 unique wrestlers without custom logos to differentiate them is tedious as hell.

I will for sure take a look into ways to improve promo coding.  I had noticed a number of promos were very colorful text wise and wanted to stay away from that.  The newest one i decided to try and color code the names for to give it a little clarity, so good to see that it is something that was needed.

As for the shield thing, yeah you caught me there. The shield is for sure the most high profile and recent stable that inspired the group.
Point 1: I'd like to think its relatively easy to make 35-50 unique wrestling without custom logos. Right now, I have about a dozen created with like 40 more ideas and none of them need custom logos. Just gotta have a dream. This is also goes hand in hand with Point 2.

Point 2: Don't worry about being a rip-off. All my characters in anything are a rip-off of something. Its easy to create a copy and then do your own thing to make them unique as you move forward. You really like Mankind's gimmick? Create your own version of Mankind and then figure out how to make it work to your liking. Biggest point: If you're enjoying yourself, keep doing what you're doing.

Point 3: I used to use colorful text in such a way that my promos looked like a fucking rainbow. Add that with so much underlining, bold, and italics and it was a pain to read. I've toned it down to just coloring the names and italicizing actions. 100% easier on the eyes, 100% easier to read.

As for those complaining about pushes, you're in a league revolving around a video game for fake internet titles, ran by Dashing, that will likely be dead in a year more or less. Relax a little. If I was running a show, that shit would be so rigged.

Twyztad
Midcard Playboy
Midcard Playboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:22 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top