Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Demon of Agi Bridge
HALO | One-Armed Angel III Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
HALO | One-Armed Angel III Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
HALO | One-Armed Angel III Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
HALO | One-Armed Angel III Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

» A Challenge From the Black
HALO | One-Armed Angel III Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 9:26 pm by Jason Spade

» Un viejo enemiga regresa
HALO | One-Armed Angel III Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2024 3:13 pm by Jason Spade

» Una súplica de ayuda
HALO | One-Armed Angel III Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2024 9:33 pm by Jason Spade

» The Price of Love
HALO | One-Armed Angel III Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 3:23 pm by krzy

» Best Friends, Pals, Buddies! AMMITTTTTYYYY!
HALO | One-Armed Angel III Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2024 11:18 am by Master Ogon

» (II) Renegade.
HALO | One-Armed Angel III Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2024 7:48 pm by litw

HALO | One-Armed Angel III

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HALO | One-Armed Angel III Empty HALO | One-Armed Angel III

Post by krzy Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Whoever the GM of Ferocity is walks into their office to find an interesting surprise.

CJ Havret is sitting behind the big desk scribbling away, completely oblivious, or perhaps just not caring about the owner of the office entering the room.

GM: Can I help you with something?

HAVRET: Shhh….

Havret holds up a finger, without looking up, then gets back to her drawing.

HAVRET: Done! Come take a look!

She excitedly waves over the GM who hesitatingly takes a few steps toward the table. Annoyed by the amount of time wasted that could be spent admiring her work, Havret pops out of the chair, grabs the GM by the arm to make it easy to guide the GM to the chair Havret was just sitting in. Havret sits on the chair’s armrest and tucks a strand of hair behind her hair, excitedly watching the GM’s eyes wander over the work of art.

HAVRET: So??? What do you think?

HALO | One-Armed Angel III 8qQllm9

The GM can’t manage to answer out loud.

GM: My god...this is so bad.

HAVRET: What….

The GM looks up and into Havret’s eyes--widened and glistening with the wave of pain that shot through her. The GM quickly realizes that the next set of words has to be chosen carefully--and not due to a fear of making the borderline unstable Havret cry.

GM: It’s...it’s unlike anything anything I’ve seen before.

HAVRET: I knew you’d like it! Look closer! See? “LS” that’s you!

GM: That’s me?

HAVRET: Yeah!

GM: On a stake?

HAVRET: Yeah!

GM: Being burned alive.

HAVRET: What?! No! Don’t be silly. See, look..those are X’s for eyes! You’re not alive!

GM: Oh…I do see that now…Can’t believe I missed it...

The GM pauses to cough then a tense few seconds pass between, well maybe not so tense for Havret, at least. Suddenly Havret lunges forward...and takes a pen off the table before hurriedly signing her name on the picture.

HAVRET: There! Now it’s finished.

GM: If you, um, don’t mind me asking...is that you?

The GM points to the figure positioned off to the right.

HAVRET: Mhm.

GM: So you set the fire?

Havret laughs and stands up.

HAVRET: We’ll see!

She walks over to the door, stops and waves goodbye to the GM.

HAVRET: Can’t wait to see where you put it!

She leaves the room and the GM stares at the picture for a few more seconds. When the coast is clear, the picture gets balled up and thrown into the trash.

Last edited by noodle on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:27 pm; edited 23 times in total

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

HALO | One-Armed Angel III Empty Re: HALO | One-Armed Angel III

Post by krzy Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Here in the hours before the fallout of Implosion, some fans are filing into the arena while others lounge around outside chit-chatting and hoping to catch a glimpse of their favorite wrestler.

And they...well, at least some of them--get just that, when the cameraman swivels around to catch Osiris stepping out of the building with his arms stretched out and ab big smile on his face. The people cheer loudly as all eyes turn to him, a pleasant surprise for those still waiting to get into the building.

The cameraman rushes over to Osiris who bends over to check his reflection in the mirror, taking great care to make sure is do-rag isn’t askew and his eyebrows are perfect. With a wink to the camera he straightens himself up and turns to face his adoring fans.

OSIRIS: Yo! It’s the one and only Osiris aka..well that’s still a work in progress, but I promise that once the wrestling gods come through with the nickname, it’s gonna be the hottest name in the game! Until we get there, I guess I’m gonna have to settle for being the wolf, the muscle, the brains, the brawn, the dude with the good looks that got ‘em all shook, representing the baddest faction in town and ain’t letting nobody get me down!

OSIRIS: Forgive the rambling, I don’t get to do this a lot, but when I do get to do it, best believe I’m gonna make every second count! And that’s the same thing I tell the lucky ladies in my life! Hold on…

The growing crowd laughs at the playful joke while Osiris strokes his beard.

OSIRIS: Now check this out: I was getting a little restless backstage after seeing I wasn’t blessed with a match tonight. Guess the company fulfilled the chocolate quote for the night, huh? It’s a real thing, google it! So I figured instead of sitting backstage beating DSD at 2k, I’d walk around, get some steps in on my fitbit and see what was going on out here. And I must say, this crowd might just be the best looking thing I’ve seen, well, since I last looked in the mirror! So I’m here, you’re all out here, how bout we have some fun? I think it’s time for a little impromptu talk show. So, technically I’m not Oprah, but our names start with the name O, we both got thighs to die for and hips that don’t lie, if I do say so myself, so I’m thinking that the some of her magic might rub off on me.

Osiris pulls a microphone out of his pants pocket and scans the crowd looking for his first guest.

OSIRIS: Ay, let’s start this with pretty lady over here! Unfortunately, that was just a microphone in my pocket, but I am happy to see you too! You have the honor, the privilege of being the very first guess on...damn. I ain’t got no nickname, no show name, I’m a hot mess out here. Screw it, as they say in show business: “we’ll do it live!”

OSIRIS: So, my esteemed guest, would you please do my the honor of telling me your name? Don’t be shy, I don’t bite...most of the time.

The woman blushes as Osiris holds the microphone up to his mouth.

TRISS: Hey, Osiris, I’m Triss, I definitely wasn’t expecting this tonight.

OSIRIS: Triss, huh? Beautiful name. A much, much, MUCH better name than Yennifer.

Osiris turns and gives the camera a knowing look.

OSIRIS: So, Triss, you’re here hours away from the hottest wrestling program on the planet. So tell me, who are you most excited to see tonight?

TRISS: Don’t tell my friend I’m telling you this, but I’m kind of hoping to get Chris Adams’ autograph!

OSIRIS: Wooooooooooow!

Osiris feigns walking away in disgust, but quickly pops back over to Triss’ side with a smile on his face.

OSIRIS: For real though, Chris Adams? Of all people? Look, I get it, it’s the way he wiggles his hips, ain’t it? Hell, if that’s all it takes, I can do it too! Let’s see if this does it for you.

The crowd starts clapping as Osiris gives Triss a personal dance until her face turns bright red. He laughs and gives her a half hug.

OSIRIS: All right, all right, I’ll work on my moves and get back to you. Well, would you look at that, folks! That’s all the time we got for today. Catch me next week. It probably won’t be the same time or the same place, but I’m sure you’ll find a way to see it. Now, Triss and everybody here, for the folks at home, let me get a stay toasty, everybody!

CROWD: Stay toasty, everybody!

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:39 am

After his match earlier on in the show, Brett Angel is seen taking long strides down the hallway as Leona tries to slow him down.

LEONA: Brett, stop. I thought we put this behind us.

ANGEL: I’m the hothead now, right? Who loses his mind because someone looked at you?

Angel laughs coldly.

LEONA: Let them talk. Why do you let it get to you?

ANGEL: I’m not. I don’t.

LEONA: Then where are you going?

Angel stops and looks Leona in the eyes, his gaze lingering down and then back up.

ANGEL: I just need to settle this. Then I’ll be okay.

He starts walking again, and Leona sighs before taking off after him.

LEONA: And what are you going to say to him when you see him?

ANGEL: I don’t know.

LEONA: What are you going to do?

ANGEL: I don’t know.

LEONA: Brett..

ANGEL: It’ll be okay. I won’t do anything I regret.

Angel turns a corner and begins knocking on the first door he comes across. When he opens it, none other than the GM is on the other side.

TURNER: Brett, I wasn’t expecting you

ANGEL: No, I’m sure you weren’t.

LEONA: Brett…

Turner turns to her and she shrugs.

ANGEL: She can’t help you Dave, because only you have the answers to my questions.

TURNER: Brett, why now? Why are you so angry?

LEONA: Can we stop with this already? If Brett was angry...actually angry, you would know. He’s not angry, he’s hurt.

TURNER: What why? I thought we finally let bygones be bygones.

ANGEL: I thought so too. But then I was reminded that I seemed to play by a different set of rules. So Rubik beats me, great, he was the better man both weeks. But what threw me for a loop was that he was rewarded with a title shot.

TURNER: Well, those were impressive victories…

ANGEL: Against a nobody.

TURNER: Not this again.

ANGEL: See, I felt the same way. But it’s starting to seem that whether I am or not only depends on how convenient it is for you. Because I remember when I, the nobody, beat your Alpha Champion and the man who would go on to beat him for the title, in the same match. And what did I get for that?

TURNER: Those were different circumstances.

ANGEL: Yeah, it’s always different circumstances when it comes to Brett Angel, ain’t it?

LEONA: Brett, we talked about it. Clawing your way up from the top, remember?

ANGEL: Yeah, we talked about it. You and me. Dave, I’m wondering why you made that decision for me.

TURNER: I gave you a chance in…

ANGEL: In the chamber, where the Brett Angel leaves when he feels like it running joke began. Thanks for that. Well I lost, now what? What’s next, Dave? Where’s my match at Ascendance? Or is it better if I miss it so I can be told how the only thing I’m known for is losing to Justin Sane for another year?

Leona touches Angel on the shoulders and something changes in his eyes. He looks down at Turner’s feet and it takes several tense seconds before he looks back up at the general manager again.

ANGEL: I’m sorry. I’m sure you’re trying your best.

LEONA: Come on, the others are waiting at the bar.

They turn to leave, but Angel stops and looks over his shoulder at Turner.

ANGEL: Have you met CJ, by the way?

Turner’s eyes open wide as Angel and Leona walk off..

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:50 pm

Long after Ferocity is off the air, CJ Havret and “1 Shot” Leona are spotted walking down the hallways ready to call it a night. Havret is in good spirits chatting away though Leona is barely listening, a scowl on her face—a night and day difference in how they’re handling their respective singles losses.

Suddenly, Havret perks up even more and lets out a high-pitched scream of joy.

HAVRET: Brett! You’re here!

Camera swivels around to show that indeed Brett Angel is standing there with a smile on his face and a starbucks cup in his hand. He holds the cup carefully as Havret runs up to him and gives him a big hug. Leona is a lot more reserved, but her expression softens when Angel hands her the cup.

ANGEL: Not the best night for my ladies, I take it.

HAVRET: It was fun! We’ll get ‘em next time.

Leona clenches her jaw.

LEONA: I shouldn’t have let that happen.

ANGEL: What can I say? I guess some of my funk is rubbing off on you all.

HAVRET: I don’t like how sad Lee is...should I go talk to Sophia?

Angel and Leona exchange a look.

LEONA: You and Sophia? Nobody wants to see that, trust me, darling.

ANGEL: But, if you’re feeling up to it, there is a favor that I need from you.

LEONA: Brett..

HAVRET: Of course! What do you need?

Angel puts an arm over her shoulder and the trio head toward the parking lot.

ANGEL: Let’s just say there’s a general manager who I need some help...negotiating with.

HAVRET: Should I—

LEONA: We’ll talk about what you should…

She glares at Angel.

LEONA: And what you shouldn’t do when we get to the restaurant. Where’s Osiris.

Angel shrugs.

OSIRIS: I don’t know...something about pizza.

The screen fades after they walk through a set of double doors.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:49 pm

In this online exclusive video, Dave Turner is spotted walking into the doors of a coffee shop. As he scans the small, but homely, establishment, his eyes settle on a table near the back, and he walks toward it.

Waiting for him in the booth is HALO’s own CJ Havret in an eye-catching black dress with her hair french braided. Turner clears his throat to catch her attention. When she looks up she gives him a smile that brightens up the room. She pops up to her feet and wraps her arms around his neck for a big hug. However, the outfit choice isn’t lost on him.

TURNER: Miss Havret...

HAVRET: CJ.

TURNER: CJ, I appreciate you inviting me out here, and I have an inkling of a suspicion about what this about, but I don’t want…

His voice trails off as she cocks her head to the side and looks at him quizzically. Then she looks down at herself, then back up at him--a warm smile on her face.

HAVRET: This isn’t for you, silly. You’re much too old!

TURNER: Oh. Wait, actually...

HAVRET: Sit.

He sits.

TURNER: I know Brett wants a match at Ascendance. I’m not sitting on my hands; I’m out there looking for a worthy opponent, but what he needs to understand is that this late in the game, I can’t start pulling names out of a hat. We’re two weeks away, for crying out loud.

That hangs in the air for a bit, but Harvet opts to not respond to it. Instead, after a few seconds of silence, she reaches into her purse and pulls out a piece of paper. She slides the folded parchment across the small table and smiles again at Turner who returns the smile as he picks up the paper.

HAVRET: I wrote you a poem. I hope it makes things better.

He opens his mouth to ask what she means by that, but the words get caught in his throat as his eyes drift to the words written on the paper.

TURNER: “Flames tickle, but laughter died a long time ago…”

Turner reads the rest of the poem in silence. Once he’s done, he folds the paper back up and places it on the table. Havret tucks renegade strands of hair behind her hair and leans forward expectantly.

HAVRET: So? What do you think?

TURNER: I think…I think I can put Brett in a position to challenge Victor Romero for the Rising Star championship. He’s technically eligible, and would allow everybody to receive some closure after that double count out two weeks ago. All he would have to do is win his match on Genesis...

HAVRET: That’s a long time from now.

TURNER: I meant Reality Wrestling.

HAVRET: What if he loses? He does that sometimes. But that’s not like the old him. He just has a lot on his mind and heart lately.

TURNER: It would be a number one contender’s match, CJ. I’m sorry, but if he were to lose then he….

Something flashes in CMV’s eyes. A cold, menacing glare that’s there and gone in an instant, but not before Turner catches it.

TURNER: ...would be added to the match making it a triple threat!

HAVRET: What a great idea! I told Brett you were a nice guy. He’s not so good with people, you know?

TURNER: Sure, sure.

HAVRET: Well, I gotta go! Thanks for all of your help!

She smiles and gives Turner another hug, before getting up and leaving the shop. Turner sighs loudly and leans back in his chair. As he rubs his temples with his index fingers, a waiter rolls up to the table with three plates packed with food.

TURNER: What’s all of this for?

WAITER: The woman who was here, she ordered all of this.

TURNER: But why are there three plates?

WAITER: She said you’d be really hungry. Something about intense negotiations.

Turner rubs his stomach, smells the food and shrugs.

TURNER: Oh, what the hell, it’s already here, right?

The footage fades as the GM digs in.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Shortly before UnMatched goes on the air, the cameraman is traipsing around the food court area until he spots Osiris with a microphone working the crowd lined up to get a quick bite before the show begins.

OSIRIS: Yo yo yo, it's the one and only, the fake not phony, the man with the plan and the magic hands, your friendly neighborhood ass kicker, Osiris. And I'm chilling backstage with my peoples, the everyday Joes and Janes who don't need a five star meal to fill their bellies.

Am I right guys? All folk like us need is a burger to chow down on and a beer to wash it all down--water if you're under 18, of course. Whoops! Make that 21. And never, ever drink and drive, kids. Meanwhile, I'm gonna be driving the sales of this place through the roof. Here on the second ever installment of....damn, we still don't have a name, do we?

Osiris puts the hand not holding a microphone on his hips and shapes his head.

OSIRIS: My fault, guys. Look, I planned to brainstorm a little and all that, but the time just got away from me. Trust me, the name will be worth the wait. Names don't even matter right now, because I'm here with my main man Josepher, who brings you the best damn pizza ever served inside of a stadium. Man, I wouldn't blame y'all if you came here for the food and not the wrestling, these slices are worth the price of admission alone! I mean, just look at what we got here.  

Osiris walks around the food display salivating as he eyes all the different pizzas up for sale.

OSIRIS: Deep dish, thin crust...yo! My mans even got two pizzas stacked on top each other to make a sandwich!  

He walks over to a boy around ten or eleven.

OSIRIS: Kid, you hear that?  

The boy giggles and nods his head.

OSIRIS: Man, my stomach rumbling is bout to cause an earthquake or something. Don't worry about me, though, guys, I'll have my fill by the time the night's through. Right now I'm gonna do what no wrestler's ever done before. I'm gonna treat you guys outside of the ring just like I do when I’m in it. Free pizza on me!  

That's music to the people's ears as they cheer loudly and some even try to kick start a chant of Osiris' name.

OSIRIS: Please, please, hold the applause. You need those hands for picking up slices, no need to get 'em sore with all of that clapping. Now, give me a moment to get my very stylish hairnet and gloves on, and I'll be right behind the counter with big Joe to serve all you fine ladies and germs.  

Osiris gets all of his gear on and rubs his palms together excitedly before Josepher hands him a raw ball of dough.

OSIRIS: First, a demonstration.  

Osiris takes the dough and tries to spin it in the air like a pro would do, but he's no pro here. Instead he clumsily drops it.

OSIRIS: Five second rule!  

He fakes squatting down to retrieve the ball, but ultimately kicks it away.

OSIRIS: Some kid has a new toy. I swear to you guys that that was part of the show. We weren't gonna sit here and make you wait for a pie, we got 'em all ready to go!  

Josepher opens the metal oven door to reveal several large pizzas ready to be eaten by the masses gathered in front. Osiris takes the pizza cutter and begins dividing the pie into the standard eight slices only to see once he's done that each slice varies in size from comically large to absurdly small.

OSIRIS: Maybe I missed this class, but this can still work. Let me introduce you to the Father and Son pizza pie. Dads, you get the smaller slices, of course, gotta watch those calories! So...who wants the first slice?  

Osiris happily serves up the people their much desired pizza while Josepher rings them up and sends them on their way.

OSIRIS: And hey, if you're not feeling that hungry, I could always autograph the crust for you! That would last long enough to be sold on eBay, right?  

With the first pie gone, Osiris wipes a bead of sweat from his forehead.

OSIRIS: Man, Joe, I don't know how you do it; this heat is killing me. But I must say we make a damn fine team.  

JOSEPHER: It is hot, but it's worth it to make smiles on everyone's faces.

OSIRIS: Hey, I'm your friend, you can tell me your secrets. You've burned a pizza once or twice before, haven't you?  

Josepher laughs and puts up his hands defensively.

JOSEPHER: Maybe just once or twice.  

OSIRIS: Hell, I might pay double for that. Not that I'm trying to give you ideas or anything. Burned pizza is my jam. You know when the cheese is a little brown and the crust a little crunchy? I'm feeling that right now. Throw a pie in there for five extra minutes for me. We're bout to get a new special on the menu.  

JOSEPHER: In 14 years I've never had something like this happen to me.  

OSIRIS: You're telling me that in over a decade no other future hall of famer has decided to bless you with his presence?  

In response, Josepher merely chuckles and shakes his head.

OSIRIS: Man, 14 years is a long time. You telling me you ain't tired of pizza yet? I could go for a quesadilla or some general tso, if you feel like mixing things up.  

JOSEPHER: Making pizza has been in my family for generations. In fact, my son and daughter are working in the store back home while I'm here.  

OSIRIS: That's what I like to hear. The family that hustles together, stays together, as the old proverb goes. NEXT!  

A man walks up to the counter and gleefully fist bumps Osiris.

OSIRIS: So what can I do you for?  

SYGOLIO: Uh, yeah. Hey Osiris, big fan of you and HALO. Let me get a slice, with pineapples, please.  

OSIRIS: With what?  

SYGOLIO: Um, pineapples?

Osiris suddenly clutches his chest and staggers backward nearly falling, but Josepher is there to hold him up...barely.

OSIRIS: I don't know what kind of sick business you think we run here fall, but here at Joe & O we only serve pizzas and topped with the finest ingre--  

Osiris stops and flashes a smile.

OSIRIS: Nah, we're good. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna give you a second slice, on the house!  

SYGOLIO: Wait, wasn't the first one free already?

OSIRIS: Same difference.  

Osiris hands the man his slices then checks his watch.

OSIRIS: My oh my how time flies. I gotta jet. Stay toasty, everybody. Speaking off...JOE!  

Josepher takes Osiris' Special Slice™ out of the oven and hands it to the big man before he walks off, laughing and fist bumping with his fans on his way out of the food court.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:53 pm

As Reality Wrestling rolls on, we're whisked away backstage where "1 Shot" Leona is shown leaning forward while sitting in a chair, faced buried in her hands. Squatting down next to her is Osiris who has a comforting hand on her shoulder.  

OSIRIS: Come on, Leona, you can let a few bad weeks get you down.

LEONA: More than a few... it's been months. MONTHS! Months of feeling like I'm a step slower...like I'm not as good as I once was.

OSIRIS:Geez, and you weren't even that good to start with.

Leona chokes out a week laugh and playfull shoves Osiris away. She reaches into her purse and pulls out some napkins and a small mirror. She flips the accessory open and finds herself staring at moist, reddened eyes.  

LEONA: You're better than this. You were a champion.

OSIRIS: Man, I shoulda called you up when I was dealing with Kurse's ugly ass so you could knee him one a plastic surgeons table. I know you love that kind of thing.

She musters another weak laugh, but falls silent as the locker room door opens allowing Brett Angel to step out into the hallway. Leona abruptly stands up and turns so that he's forced to look at her back. Osiris is easily able to read Angel's confused expression. He sighs as he straightens himself out.  

OSIRIS: She's pissed because I didn't bring her Osiris' Special Slice.

He walks into the lockerroom leaving Angel and Leona alone in the hallway. He walks over to her and fixes the cloak draped over her shoulders.  

ANGEL: Mine was like a rock by the time I got ut. Not worth the hype at all.

Angel puts an arm around her shoulder and they walk down the hall as the image fades.

Last edited by Triss Merigold on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:23 am

Midway through Genesis, Brett Angel is spotted leaning against a wall next to General Manager Dave Turner's office. It only takes a few seconds more for Turner to open the front door and be greeted by Angel's smiling face.

TURNER: Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no. After what you've been pulling lately, I don't even want to hear what you have to say.

ANGEL: Is that any way to treat your favorite wrestler?

Turner shakes his head.

ANGEL: Fine, your most valuable wrestler, monetarily speaking, of course. Anyways, I just stopped by to thank you for the opportunity you've given me. "Rising Star" championship, though? A bit of a backhanded compliment, don't you think?

TURNER: It's a lot more than what you deserve.

ANGEL: I'm sorry, are you criticizing CJ's negotiation skills? That will break her heart when I tell her.

Turner clenches his jaw instead of immediately responding.

TURNER: Ironically, you've been the one getting away with murder lately, and based on your recent performances I'm starting to wonder if you're worth the trouble.

Angel smirks instead of immediately responding.

ANGEL: Of course I'm worth it; I'm Brett Angel.

He pats Turner on the shoulder before walking off, but then he stops on his heels and turns around.

ANGEL: How was that meal, by the way?

TURNER: Expensive.

Angel's laugh echoes in the hallway as the scene fades.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:50 am

Early on into UnMatched, Osiris is spotted tying his doo-rag as he sits in the lockerroom. Once the headgear is securely fastened, he leans back against the metal locker and takes in a deep breath.

OSIRIS: And so here we are. After months of going in circles against Kurse--may he rest in peace...I'd leave an Orchid at his grave and pour one out for him, but it shouldn't come as a surprise that I wasn't his biggest fan...just the biggest thorn in his side.

He laughs, the memory of coming out on top of that heated rivalry a pleasant one.

OSIRIS: Now that that's all in the past, I'm feeling like it's time I start making moves. After all, I am the man with the plan and the magic hands. A guy so fly he can touch the sky. The host of the most prolific unnamed variety show to hit your screens. I've been here for a long time. Did a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but since I've been left solo to treat UnMatched like my playground, I haven't picked up that one big win.

Tonight is boutta be that night.

Solomon Glock, see, I'm not too familiar with you, but I know enough to realize that you were a champion here for a reason, and beating you is just what the doctor ordered. When I can say that I beat a former champion smackdab in the middle of the ring, no excuses, no distractions, that's when I make it clear that Osiris is finally here, and I ain't going nowhere.

A thought crosses his mind that he reflects on for a bit.

OSIRIS: And a know a hell of a lot about that last name of yours. That's not a name you're born with, and that's not a life you're often born into. It's a life I walked into because I had no other family, and I thought it was my only way to survive. I saw how it was glorified, thought it would be cool to be tough like them. It wasn't until I was in too deep that I realized that there are less than a handful of ways to get out of that life...I'm just happy I took the way that left me still breathing.

There's no blood on my hands, but sometimes I feel the weight of my hands like they're drenched in blood. I watched a lot of it be spilled and I saw a lot of people get hurt--people I cared about and people I'll never get the chance to apologize to.

Osiris leans forward in his chair while clasping his hands together.

OSIRIS: A lot of people who made one mistake and who could use a second chance are six feet under--or worse. Here I am trying to make the most of mine while I still got a few good years in this tank.

I know a lot of people see me as Brett Angel-lite, trying to pick off where he left off, but I'm my own man looking to make his own way. Tonight, I'm going to prove my worth to this show. When it's all said and done, you're all gonna see that Osiris is more than nice hair and a pretty smile.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:33 pm

The banner billowing in the wind in front of a school reads: "Reading Saves Lives", a bold statement that's likely from the heart from many of the teachers and faculty that work in this building--at least the decent ones.

The camera man swivels back and forth to give a full sense of this charmingly chaotic event. Children's squeals of joy fill the air as they run around and play under this cloudy sky. On several tables lie books both old and new as people from all over town stop by to donate these much appreciated reading materials that they no longer have use for.

Books that spent ages on shelves--neglected as the years went by and teenagers and older found little use of them-- now are potentially finding new homes as kids gleefully flip through them and show their parents which they want to bring with them. The rest likely added to the school's library.

A large tent has been set up as close to the middle of all of this as it can get, and in front of it stand "1 Shot" Leona and CJ Havret who are smiling and laughing with adoring fans and soon-to-be fans who are trying their best not to be star struck by the unexpected visitors to their small town.

The women sign autographs and pose for pictures that will allow this moment to transcend today into the tomorrows and beyond. Leona smiles and claps her hands together to get the people's attention, a small crowd gathered in a crescent in front of them.

LEONA: Hi everyone! It's so good to see all of you! For those who don't know, I'm Leona, and this is CJ. When we're not kicking butt inside of the ring, we like to give back to the community, and this is one of those times.

She pauses as a small applause flares up.

LEONA: We're so happy to see the turn out for this book drive, and we really hope you had a great time today. Unfortunately, we can't stay forever, even though we wish we could, but duty calls.

Some of the kids say "aww" saddened by the news, or at least because they can sense such a fun day will be coming to an end soon.

HAVRET: But, before we go, we promised when we came that we wouldn't leave without reading a story to you, and we always keep our promises...except for the time Lee said she'd bring pizza back to the hotel.

LEONA: Osiris gave it all away!

HAVRET: And that's why I love books, guys. When people in real life let me down...

Leona shakes her head and laughs.

HAVRET:...I can count on a good book to whisk me away into a different world. I grow to love and hate the characters in them and to laugh and cry at the things that happen to them. It's like magic, and I hope today some of you have discovered that magic. So, Lee which story are we reading today.

LEONA: You know, to both make it up to you and show everyone what a great best friend I am, I'm gonna let you choose.

Havret's eyes light up as she reaches into her purse and pulls out a worn, tattered small book. Her eyes start to moisten just a little bit, but she quickly swipes away at them with the back of her hand.

HAVRET: There's a story in this book my Nana used to read to me and Ginger, about the raven and the wolf. I'm so happy I get to share it with all of you.

She sits Indian style on the grass and many of the kids scramble to sit as close to her as possible. When Havret flips through the pages and reads, her voice is soft and soothing, playful and colorful. Everyone, even Leona who has likely heard this dozens of times, is listening attentively.

HAVRET: The Raven flew down from the naked free and perched upon a pointed rock. She looked down at he jagged ribs of a wolf lying of its side, chest rising and falling sporadically with each strained breath.

"I've brought you something," the Raven said gently.

The wolf slowly raised its head off the ground and opened dimming eyes to make sense of the blob.

"You've come to mock me," the wolf's voice was raspy.

"No, I'm here to help." The raven flapped her wings and landed near the wolves mouth. She dropped a scrap of raw meat, still slick with blood in some places.

"Why?" the wolf asked, straining to reach the tantalizing parcel of food. The Raven nudges the piece closer to his mouth and watches at he chews it and swallows it.

She flies off and returns a minute later with an end of a leaf held in each talon. She hovers over the wolf's mouth where she tilts the leaf allowing several drops of desperately needed water to slide down the his dry throat.

"Because we're both alone," she finally says, "and we both need to survive."

She watches as he struggles to stand on three good legs before collapsing to the ground. It continues like this for days. But the darkness shrouding their futures is slowly beaten away by the hopeful rays of the sun.

For the next ten or so minutes, Havret reads on, her eyes casually flicking down to the text written on the page every now and then, but this is a story she knows by heart by now. The wolf's leg heals, and the raven helps him find isolated prey, typically small and weak not that long since it was brought into the world. Eventually he gets stronger and faster...and deadlier. Together they are able to survive and thrive.

HAVRET: The wolf's teeth sinks into the still warm flesh on the antelope that never saw him coming. When he's done, the raven helps herself, needing a lot less to lull her hunger into silence.

"You haven't chased me away yet," she said. "You could have killed me a long time ago if you wanted to."

He considers the weight of the words for a moment. "Yes," he said finally, "but so could you."

Everyone claps as the story ends, and say their goodbyes as the time comes for Havret and Leona to be on their way. A little boy rushes over to Havret and tugs on her blouse.

BOY: Hi CJ!

HAVRET:Hey! How are you?

The boy is shy, running back over to his momma and wrapping his arms around her legs. Havret walks over and squats down so that they're at eye level and gives the boy a friendly wave.

HAVRET: Don't be afraid I don't bite.

She beckons the boy over, and he giggles when she pulls him in for a hug.

BOY: Um..what happened to Ginger?

He just blurts it out and Havret freezes, his parents eyes open wide in shock and embarrassment and Leona takes a tentative step forward.

MOM: Alvio! We told you not to.

LEONA: CJ.....

Havret snaps out of her trance and straightens herself.

HAVRET: When toxic people don't want to see you happy, they go out of their way to spread their poison. And sometimes that's literal.

She flashes a smile and ruffles the boy's hair before turning and walking away, Leona close behind.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:40 am

HALO | One-Armed Angel III NmiHp3j

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:21 pm

The cameras are following Osiris here during this special event in London as he walks down the hallway.

ANGEL: Your hair is a mess.

OSIRIS: Man, shut up.

OSIRIS: Are those crumbs in your beard?

OSIRIS: Shut up.

ANGEL: And your socks are two different colors.

Osiris abruptly stops so that he can turn and look Angel in the eyes.

OSIRIS: First of all...

Angel fakes an annoyed sigh and puts his hands on his hips.

ANGEL: I hate when you do this.

Osiris stands there frozen with his finger in Angel’s face for almost a full minute.

OSIRIS: ...don’t hate on the socks. This is the future.

He turns and resumes walking as Angel calls out after him.

ANGEL: And second of all? WHAT’S SECOND?!

Osiris chuckles and turns a corner forcing Angel to start jogging after him. Osiris finds himself at the front door of the general manager’s office and he knocks loudly until the door swings open.

OSIRIS: You, what’s your face, we gotta talk about what happened the other day.

GM: Learning my name would be a good start if you want this conversation to go smoothly. And you know what my name is; it’s...

ANGEL: Brett Angel victim number 34. Or was it 39? I’ve lost count all these months later.

OSIRIS: Ignore him. What matters is that I’m tryna have little Osiris’ running around one day and I can’t be having people kicking me where the sun don’t shine and getting away with it. So I’m handling this the proper way, and asking for another shot at Glock so I can get some...redemption if you will.

GM: I’ll see what I can do.

And then the GM closes the door in their faces.

OSIRIS: Man, why’d I even bring you along? You just made things worse...and they weren’t even bad to start with.

ANGEL:What can I say? Maybe you’d have an easier time getting what you wanted if you were a rising star like me.

OSIRIS: Shut up.

ANGEL: Anyway, now that that’s done...I need a drink.

OSIRIS: You’re paying; I don’t make rising star money.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next