Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

» A Challenge From the Black
Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 9:26 pm by Jason Spade

» Un viejo enemiga regresa
Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2024 3:13 pm by Jason Spade

» Una súplica de ayuda
Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2024 9:33 pm by Jason Spade

» The Price of Love
Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 3:23 pm by krzy

» Best Friends, Pals, Buddies! AMMITTTTTYYYY!
Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2024 11:18 am by Master Ogon

Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews

Go down

Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews Empty Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews

Post by Tim Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Starting the second week of Season 5. I'll be doing full, in-depth reviews of each match in every show's card. Last season Dashing tried to have me and Gumble do this but he and I didn't follow through. But neow... it's time again. I'll put in a template below on how I base my reviews and worry not. No matter how much we may not get along. Completely unbiased reviews will take place. That's a Tim LaFave Guarantee. Mind you my reviews are strictly opinionated and at the end of the day, it's what you thought about the match that matters. But this gives me something to do (Besides NGW) and gives me reasons to watch more shows.

Template of Truth
| REVIEW |
In this portion, I'll quickly review how I felt about the matches beginning, middle and end. I'll touch on how good or bad the finish was. How much the AI screwed the pooch and overall how I felt the match was.

| RATING |

Like a Star @ heaven - Lackluster
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven - Meh
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven - Average
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven - Great
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven - Amazing

| This Week's MVP |

I'll point out one superstar that I feel has taken the cake in terms of in-ring performance and I personally feel has shone brightest among the others.
Tim
Tim
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : Slapstick

https://www.youtube.com/us0byanese

Back to top Go down

Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews Empty Re: Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews

Post by Tim Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:10 pm

FUSION #101 - "Night of the Burials"

MATCH I - Daemion v. Willis Moon
| REVIEW |
While Daemion is being built as a monster who destroys anything and everyone. He won't mean much if he doesn't beat someone of value. But burying Sun and Moon is a good start. Hopefully when he takes on someone who will actually fight back he wins to solidify his monster status that Dashing proceeds to perpetuate.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven  

\ - - - | - - - | - - - /

MATCH II - Andrew Briggs v. Kendell Wolfe
| REVIEW |
As back and forth as the match was, unfortunately, there was nothing that sparked any type of excitement or hype. It was one of those one on one matches where one person won and one person lost. As standard as the match-type is.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH III - Public Enemy v. Ceara Stad Renegades
| REVIEW |
Count outs are never interesting and often take the wind out of any type of show's sail. For whatever reason in 2K games countouts have become far more common and frequent. I believe it's personality thing versus an AI thing, but regardless. I soiled what could of been a good tag team match.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH III - Azreal & Nick Blake v. Flashyy & Ryan Kent
| REVIEW |
The build to this story was perfectly translated by the 2K AI Based Jesus. The match itself wasn't very back and forth and exciting. Very little contribution from Kent or Azreal but it's perfectly fine since the big story going into this tag team match was Blake and Flashyy.

| Rating |
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH IV - Shanaz Andoni v. Matt Devious
| REVIEW |
The Match was really good, back and forth, close counts and many false finishes. Excitement abounded and while the results weren't favorable to some. It was no doubt a good match.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 1/2

CO-MAIN EVENT - Troy Meyers v. Harvey Hastings (c)
| REVIEW |
Unfortunately short reigns are the bane of title's prestige. And sadly this is one of those cases. The match itself was solid, lots of reversals. But the excitement left a lot to be desired.

| RATING |

MAIN EVENT - Shane Scott v. Paul Divine
| REVIEW |
If you enjoy total domination and one-sided matches, this is one for you. If you don't; then well... Don't watch this match. One side was in total control the other helplessly attempted to compensate. Much like the opening match, burials are not good matches but they're fun to watch.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven
Tim
Tim
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews Empty Re: Tim Meltzer's Big Thread of Match Card Reviews

Post by Tim Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Ferocity # 29 - Like a Star @ heaven 1/2

MATCH I - Ryan Munoz Vs Sinitta Buunjari
| REVIEW |
Perfect as opening match, not so perfect as something to keep your attention and peak your interest. The match was pretty standard overall.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH II - The Warsaw Pact v. Stars & Stripes
| REVIEW |
A tag team match that went on waaaay too long for what it was. Undercard Match 2 shouldn't be that lengthy. Especially when it feels more like a filler match than one of value in terms of story. The only thing that mixed it up was Stars' accidental friendly fire.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH III - Sabra Abardi v. Jasmine Crossings
| REVIEW |
One of the few matches on this card that was interesting and exciting. After Jasmine hit her first finisher, Sabra decided to kick it up a notch. That intensity that translates to urgency is always something fun to watch.

| RATING |

MATCH IV - Amber Briggs v. Nancy Hurt
| REVIEW |
The match was pretty back and forth and it's always fun to see the little guy (literal sense) prevail over the much larger competitor. But alas, nothing out of the ordinary made this match a must-see. While good, it wasn't great. But what can you expect from a mid-card match.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH V - Samantha Steel v. Jenny Wheeler
| REVIEW |
Squash Matches and Countouts are the cancer of AI v AI simulations. And I wish Miz would turn it off. Not only does it waste potential talents build but it also sucks the life out of momentum going forward. While I love Sam, I don't love squash matches. And a back and forth match between Jenny and Sam would of been much more interesting than what we got.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH VI - Fury v. Willow Nightwing
| REVIEW |
A back and forth match, with heavy shots fired on both sides. It was exciting and it was fun to watch. Some funny moments and some tense moments. All-in-all a lot better than some of the other matches on the card.

| RATING |

MATCH VII - Sophia Gibson & Davina Blair v. Dawn Bryan & Jacqueline Bennett
| REVIEW |
While different match types always add diversity, this tag match was another that maybe went a little longer than it should of. Nothing absolutely spectacular happened between the four ladies and the match stayed on the ramp for the most part. I think a lot of people, including myself, were just waiting for it to wrap up.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven 1/2

MATCH VIII - Danielle Ward v. Ally Cage
| REVIEW |
Anarchy Rulz match that really didn't utilize the matches name sake. The table never broke and the ladder barely played a part. The finish was pretty interesting however as Cage seamlessly transitioned a sprint into her finisher; the Whisper in the Wind.

| RATING |

MATCH IX - Aerora v. Kristen Page
| REVIEW |
I must say that false finishes are always a guilty pleasure and while there was several through out the show; the hype of kicking out of Kristen's Kensasha was made to be a big deal. While the opening part of the match was a squash from Kristen to Aerora, the final moments were quite interesting and nail biting.

| RATING |

MATCH X - Amy Winters v. Angelina Hawkins
| REVIEW |
Pretty standard title match; if you had asked me if this felt any different between a regular match, I couldn't say it did. Very little hype. Repetitious moves from Winters (AI's fault) and lack of being able to hit finishers from Hawkins. The outcome was satisfying but overall the match was pretty cut-n-dry.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven
Tim
Tim
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:58 pm

UnMatched #58 - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH I - Sakura Gedo v. Tyson Newman
| REVIEW |
A pretty good match to start but nothing outstanding to put this over. Granted, opening match, but still. Always looking for any match that can be the big one.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH II - Manoroth v. Sebastion Armstrong
| REVIEW |
What could of been a good match was subsequently stunted by 2K's inability to prevent count outs. I know the target audience for the game isn't people who do efeds, but a quick way to ruin a match is a countout.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH III - Big Boys v. Italian Stalions
| REVIEW |
I rather enjoyed this match as it didn't go on to awfully long and it had a nice back and forth. The finish was pretty nice as well providing a big burst of excitement from Miz.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 1/2

MATCH IV - Bryan Sanders v. Anthony Brown
| REVIEW |
We all wanna see Andy win a match given the hard work Maurie put in him. But Bryan Sanders said fudge that. Instead, Bryan would walk away with a win off a Spinebuster. The match itself felt pretty lopsided as for a majority of the match Brown couldn't even get Sanders off his feet.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven 1/2

MATCH V - The Kingdom v. MexiTan
| REVIEW |
This could of been a great match... It almost was. But it went on far too long. And a match with the implications that it had (Championship opportunity) I felt should of been more intense and less: Me looking at my non existent watch.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH VI - George King v. 10|El
| REVIEW |
Now I actually liked this match alot. Whether it's Krzy putting every move 10|El has to target the arm or the AI just playing nice. The fact that 10|El sticks to his arm damaging theme is exhilarating and gives Krzy's CAW character. My only issue with this match was the finish. Not because of the move, but because of who won. When I see 10|El diligently working the arms only to come up with the loss, I feel cheated. I want something more from a CAW that works so hard to stick a theme.

| RATING |

MATCH VII - Brody Halleck v. Rage
| REVIEW |
I enjoyed this match a lot too. Real back and forth and gritty. Two big men beating the crap out of each other and showing plenty of resiliency.

MATCH VIII - Tops Newsome & Luther Thunder v. Sunshine & Payaso (Parker)
| REVIEW |
Much like the match between 10|El and George, I felt cheated. Tops showing so much resiliency (you have to see it to believe it) only to come up with the L seems like a slap in the face. Now that's no one's fault but the AIs and no one, not even Miz could change that. But it would of been really nice to see Tops take all those finishers and come back with a victory. Overall the match itself was pretty exciting, so much so that Miz busted our ears.

| RATING |

MATCH XI - Chet Taylor v. Quantum
| REVIEW |
Main Events seem to be losing their luster. As once again another main event seemed no different than a standard singles competition with a standard finish. Back and forth yes, exciting no.

| REVIEW |
Like a Star @ heaven
Tim
Tim
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:41 pm

Reality Wrasslin' #33 - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH I - The Cleaners v. The Jackson Bros.
| REVIEW |
Way too much time spent on this match. Whether it be the sliders whether it be 2K's patch. Point is; this was AWFUL... 2K17 tag team matches were much better in terms of quality.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH II - Reece Ortiz v. Twisted
| REVIEW |
Refreshing vanilla match between two new competitors. Satisfying to watch.

| RATING |

MATCH III - Johnny Vegas v. Lance Martini
| REVIEW |
Good singles match, standard issue, nothing spectacular. Another unfortunate lengthy match due to whatever reason. Should of been done in 1 or 2 finishers.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH IV - Archer Vaugn & Johnny Columbus v. Percy Simmons and Vinny Vinyl
| REVIEW |
While not as lengthy as the first tag it was still too long. There was an opportunity to finish with pizaz with Vinyls transition to a finisher. But unfortunately the match continued draining what could of been a better rating.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH V - The Black Gael v. Miles Kelly
| REVIEW |
So close to being a great match. But it should of concluded after the third Legit Piledriver. But this match had everything back and forth, give and take, suspense, thrill, story telling. It was great. Best match I've seen since I've started doing this.

| RATING |

Tim
Tim
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:54 pm

Ferocity #30 - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH 1 - Erika Matthews v. Tiffany Razor (NEW)
| REVIEW |
To establish a superstar one should have a good match, even if it's important that superstar should win. I've said it before, I'll say it again. Squash matches are not good. Even if you're building someone. While I'm happy Miss Razor won her debut. A better show of her prowess would be a better, back and forth match, higher up the card.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH II - Blazing Dragons v. Lucid and Wilson
| REVIEW |
For once a tag match that length didn't stretch to the far reaches of our known solar system. However, it wasn't spectacular. Tag matches are hard to master. Keep it within a relatively comfy time slot and make it exciting. Easier said than done. While half of this check list was complete, the other half was not.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven 1/2

MATCH III - Danielle Ward v. Maria
| REVIEW |
Quick, unimpressive finish in a quick, unimpressive match. Another instance of pushing the right people the wrong way. I don't blame Miz, making a strong push believable it something I'll probably never get myself. BUT! I know when I see a failed attempt.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH IV - Dawn Bryan v. Samantha Steel
| REVIEW |
Good match. Always could be better. Back and forth and for the most part. The finish was slightly lackluster but the results were favorable.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH V - Akira Violet v. Raiden Brooks
| REVIEW |
An unspectacular match between Vixens. You're bound to run into a plenty of these, standard issue singles contests in a 11 Match Card.
| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

Gonna be frank, the next two matches I had no earthly idea what was happening. Captured by the chat. So I'm not going to rate or review them out of fairness.

MATCH VIII - Christy Norrie v. Alley Cage
| REVIEW |
Welp. While the match could of been good, the competitors we love. 2K's Pit Brawls said nuh uh. And instead of quick and concise winner we got 10 minutes of going up and down the aisles of the Ferocity arena. And only by the mercy of 2KJesus were we able to come out with a determinable victory. If there's any we, as watchers took away from this it's: Don't do Falls Count Anywhere matches... Ever...

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH XI - Amber Briggs v. Jade Dynamite
| REVIEW |
BOOM! This match was great. Not even gonna sugar coat it. The action was back and forth, high tempo, exciting and a blast to watch. There's not denying this match getting what it deserves. A great match rating. I think the only thing that could of possibly put this match over the top was a big of a flashier finish. But the connotations of the finish were more than enough to mean something.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH X - Fury & Amy Winter v. Quillow and Angelina Hawkins

| REVIEW |
While the story was well told, the way it was told was meh at best. It obviously would of been a lot more satisfying if Fury garnered one elimination but, Quillow and Hawkins successfully told a "Against the Odds" story and how hard that it is to deal with.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 1/2

GENESIS #101 - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH I - Ryan McGunnigle v. Luke Swanson
| REVIEW |
You know... this was... uh... a squash match... looking to uh... you know... show the power of Swanson... Squash matches are um... you know... just bad... always... so... yeah...

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH II - Jon Reed v. Aleister Knox
| REVIEW |
Quick and concise win from Knox. Showing dominance and that we might be looking at the beginning of a long and illustrious reign from Knox as the Anarchy Champion. If more "squash matches" were like this. No so evident. Than I would believe the power and strength of those being pushed a lot more.

| REVIEW |

MATCH III - Remnants of Rise v. Chaos and Order
| REVIEW |
Another countout, but thankfully for everyone it wasn't a double. However, CnO don't quite deserve that as I feel Josh is doing his best to make them something and we're to believe Vachon and Belford are as dominant as they should be, a count out shouldn't be the finish. No one's fault but the AIs.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH IV - Marcantel v. Chris Andrews
| REVIEW |
Another solid match, take note, on the 8th of November, Genesis and Ferocity proved to have really good stuff. A really good back and forth and an intense match up over. However, pinning of a signature is ... iffy... and I think most including myself would of liked to see Andrews, former Undisputed Champion, come out with the W. But it's the year or Marky Moomoo. So let's hope he keeps running forward.

| RATING |

MATCH V - Seth Baker v. MLP v. Tyson Cage v. Sean Kent
| REVIEW |
God dang! This match was hype! Lots of great action. One of the most fun matches to watch since Season 5 began. I would wholeheartedly recommend watching this match, even if your CAW is not featured in it. Great beginning, great middle, awesome end.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH VI - Adam Valentine v. Pierre Thompson
| REVIEW |
The only good thing out of this match was Pierre's performance. And if I could rate that as opposed to this match. 5-Stars, every time. It wasn't the winner and loser that made this match bad. Just a lackluster finish and uninteresting happenings in the center of it. Maybe next time.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH VII - Randy Borton v. Eligah Stewart
| REVIEW |
Another... ANOTHER solid match tonight. Eligah and Borton brought the house down. With great action, awesome story telling and an amazing finish that advanced the story of the Kliq and their opponents in one of the most interesting ways. Great match, awesome show. Awesome way to end tonight. For both Ferocity and Genesis. Well done Dashing and Miz.

| RATING |
Tim
Tim
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:45 pm

NGW #2 - Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH I - Lance Smith v. Owen Severn
| REVIEW |
First match was nice and back and forth but lacked any type of "anything" to put it over the top. Pretty standard singles competition.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH II - Ramelle Malcolm v. Elesha Jackson
| REVIEW |
Good match, Elesha's sequence of back to back finishers was pretty awesome but unfortunately the finish was really lackluster.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven 1/2

MATCH III - Drake Sanchez & Dick Van Go v. The Indian Destroyers
| REVIEW |
Pretty good tag match, didn't extend to long but the countout victory tainted it as no story progression could be made.
| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH IV - Maria Del Le Cruz v. Alexia Stroud
| REVIEW |
Probably the match of the night in my eyes and the only match that didn't end in submission or countout. While Alexia controlled a majority, Maria didn't quite answer back, making this an unofficial squash match.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH V - Tiger Yamamoto v. D'angelo Prince
| REVIEW |
Lackluster main event. Really short, little to no offence and a submission finish to cap it off. Good to see Prince back, bad to see him crush like that.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven
Tim
Tim
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:08 pm

CMV Deathwish - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 1/2

MATCH I - Johnny Vegas v. Lance Martini
| REVIEW |
Simple match, back and forth, good opener. Martini grabbed the victory and with it the angels shine down on Alveuss.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH II - Chris Diamond v. Mile Kelly
| REVIEW |
Truly a spectacle of the AI just toying with a Champion. Sad to see Kelly lose his belt but the possible angles to be made out of it for a Diamond/Kelly feud are there. Keep it going.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven 1/2

MATCH III - Luke Swanson v. Chris Moore & Garryn Jones
| REVIEW |
Yay... Handicap Squash match...

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH IV - Rhys Matthews v. Josh Wolf
| REVIEW |
Rhys showing what he's made of and for the most part putting down Wolf easy P-Z. Sadly though, this turned people sour. But when a door closes a window opens and possible story line is born. Keep fighting.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH V - Chris Andrews v. Dave Turner v. Sebastion Vachon v. Seth Baker v. MLP v. Sean Kent v. Marcantel v. Tyson Cage
| REVIEW |
The faulty AI and the experimental 8-man matches that were just introduced in this game made this match a little less beautiful than it should be. The return of Dave Turner was squandered by a crowded ring. Congratulations to the new International Champion though.

| RATING |
Like a Star @ heaven

MATCH VI - Guri Sukonov v. Jacquan Shay v. Adam Valentine v. Pierre Thompson v. Jon Reed v. Aliester Knox
| REVIEW |
Knox showed everyone why he is THE Anarchy Champion. Eliminating 4 of the 5 other competitors is something no one is going to forget. Retaining the Championship and proving why [s]submissions are OP[/s] Knox is one of the greatests.

| RATING |

MATCH VIII - The Kliq v. Smiley Danielson, Tim LaFave & Eligah Stewart
| REVIEW |
Story PERFECTLY told. Why the Kliq are who they are. Tearing apart everyone of the good guys, quickly and efficiently. The heart of Eligah was demonstrated when 3 healthy men began destroy the last man standing. If anything was said about the Kliq in this match; they're not to be futzed with.

| RATING |

And now I bestow upon CMV the first Month's MVP. This particular competitor has shown exactly why he or she is as dominant as they are. In consecutive matches. So without further ado here they are.

| MVP of the Month |
Aliester Knox

| Accolades |
Subbed 5 People and doesn't afraid of anything.

Congrats, Gumble.
Tim
Tim
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down