Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Trash Pandas
Roman Reigns has Leukemia. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Roman Reigns has Leukemia. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Roman Reigns has Leukemia. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Roman Reigns has Leukemia. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Roman Reigns has Leukemia. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Roman Reigns has Leukemia. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Roman Reigns has Leukemia. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Roman Reigns has Leukemia. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Roman Reigns has Leukemia. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

» A Challenge From the Black
Roman Reigns has Leukemia. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 9:26 pm by Jason Spade

Roman Reigns has Leukemia.

4 posters

Go down

Roman Reigns has Leukemia. Empty Roman Reigns has Leukemia.

Post by Solaris Arc Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:07 pm

I'm not gonna put this as a spoiler because its a legitimately important thing.

Roman has dropped the title in order to treat a Leukaemia comeback after being in remission for a decade.

I sincerely suggest everyone here get regular physicals and be on the lookout for early signs of cancer. If you are generous, consider donating bone marrow to help all who are suffering from the disease.

For more information, take a look at the following site:
https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/leukemia/index.htm

ACHIEVEMENTS
Josh Wolf:
CMV Global Champion (1x)
CMV Alpha World Champion (1x)
CMV United States Champion (1x)
CMV World Tag Team Champion (1x)
Inaugural Rising Star Champion (2x)

Harvey Hastings:
CMV Undisputed World Champion (1x)
US Champion (2x)

Amy Winters:
Women's IC Champion (2x)
Solaris Arc
Solaris Arc
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Roman Reigns has Leukemia. Empty Re: Roman Reigns has Leukemia.

Post by Austin Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:35 pm

I figure I’ll just say this here.

Earlier this year, I was in extreme pain for weeks, limiting and severely weakening me. I work a fairly labor heavy job and have lifted weights since I was 15, so to not be able to hold something that weighed 10 pounds was a sign of something bad.

And then it became a matter of barely being able to walk. Slowly, deliberately, and very painfully.

I discovered two masses, one in my forearm, one in my thigh.

I went to the doctor to have it checked out, and was informed of what it could have been. I think you can infer the possibilities.

That day they cut me open and removed the one in my arm in a surgical biopsy. The one in my leg is approximately the size of a golf ball and would’ve put me out of commission for a while, so we elected to do this instead.

That was a nerve racking week. I cried, a lot. I was very scared. I told few people. My parents, my best friend, and a confidant here, Miz. They were all very encouraging.

When I got the phone call saying benign, I cried again. I was elated. To go from being a healthy 20 year old to a possible cancer patient didn’t make sense to me, but it can and does happen. My body just so happens to like growing tumors that I need to have checked to make sure it’s not something worse.

Symptoms don’t always present themselves as obviously as they do/did in me. That’s why it is important to go to the doctor if you have any inklings of something wrong relating to masses, discoloration, one anything of the sort. I implore you to perform self-examinations of your chest/genitalia, and have a loved one look at your moles. It’s a scary thing, but early diagnosis is key.

Thank you for letting me ramble.

Austin
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:08 am

Also, my intentions are not to make this about myself. I seek no pity, which is why I didn’t share this before. I just wanted to provide a personal anecdote to further encourage everyone to be aware and diligent in their self-care. Never put it off.

Austin
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:17 am

Stay in good health, Austin. I'm happy you're healthy.
Tim
Tim
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : Slapstick

https://www.youtube.com/us0byanese

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:21 am

Damn.

What's scary is that Roman Reigns appeared healthy too. Just goes to show ANYBODY can come down with cancer.

Rage
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:52 pm

The median overall survival after relapse was 4.5 months (95% CI, 4–5 months) with a 5-year overall survival of 10% (95% CI, 8%–12%); 45% of patients receiving intensive second-line treatment achieved a second complete remission and 22% (95% CI, 14%–30%) of them remained disease free at 5 years. Factors predicting a good outcome after rescue therapy were age less than 30 years (2-year overall survival of 21% versus 10% for those over 30 years old; P<0.022) and a first remission lasting more than 2 years (2-year overall survival of 36% versus 17% among those with a shorter first remission; P<0.001). Patients under 30 years old whose first complete remission lasted longer than 2 years had a 5-year overall survival of 38% (95% CI, 23%–53%) and a 5-year disease-free survival of 53% (95% CI, 34%–72%).

>45% chance to get a second complete remission
>22% of those remained disease free at least 5 years

Break it down
>95% chance to live at least 4.5 months
>10% chance to live at least 5 years.

Age Factor
>Being under 30 gives you a 21% chance to live more than 2 years vs 10% for those over 30.
>Having a remission more than 2 years gives you a 36% chance of living more than 2 years

The layman terms
He has 5 years left at best. Sure, the treatment doubles your chances, but 22% isn't very good.

Rage
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down