Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Trash Pandas
Brett Angel: "This finally feels like home." Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Brett Angel: "This finally feels like home." Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Brett Angel: "This finally feels like home." Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Brett Angel: "This finally feels like home." Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Brett Angel: "This finally feels like home." Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Brett Angel: "This finally feels like home." Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Brett Angel: "This finally feels like home." Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Brett Angel: "This finally feels like home." Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Brett Angel: "This finally feels like home." Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

» A Challenge From the Black
Brett Angel: "This finally feels like home." Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 9:26 pm by Jason Spade

Brett Angel: "This finally feels like home."

Go down

Brett Angel: "This finally feels like home." Empty Brett Angel: "This finally feels like home."

Post by krzy Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:50 pm

Brett Angel is in a particularly jovial mood in this CMV.com exclusive video shot moments after his main event clash against Walter Bolek.

Angel is in the medical waiting room, casually leaning against the wall--putting the weight on his right shoulder while icing his left--as he cracks jokes with the receptionist.

ANGEL: And that's when I said, "That's not a watermelon, that's my mother-in-law!"

The punchline has the two in stitches. The receptionist is wiping tears away from his eyes, wheezing through fits of laughter. Legendary CMV interviewer Guy. walks into the room, and the expression on his face says it all: he can't believe what he's seeing!

He pulls the glasses off his face, and dramatically wipes the lenses clean of smudges. He squints his eyes and looks down at the glasses. " I don't even wear glasses, " he mumbles to himself before tossing them over his shoulder.

Now he can see clearly, and his eyes weren't playing tricks on him: Angel has a genuine smile on his face, and those eyes of his have an emotion in them that's not anger or sadness for the first time in a long time.

GUY.: Well Brett, I have to say: When they said I had to interview you, I thought it would be like...well, like all the other times. But this is a pleasant surprise given the outcome of that match.

Angel gives Guy. a friendly pat on the back with his right arm. His left hangs a little limply at his side.

ANGEL: It's like I said, Guy. It feels like I can finally breathe again. Tonight is what's been missing in my life for so long. Tonight was just a match between two men with a championship on the line--no blood feud or bitter rivalry to muddy things up.

Angel chuckles, his eyes twinkling as he soaks in this moment of bliss while coming down from his post-match adrenaline rush.

ANGEL: It's the simplest story ever told in wrestling: who is the better man? Tonight, it was Bolek, and he proved why he is one of the greatest champions to ever compete in this company.

Me? I showed that I can take that first step forward to break the cycle that's been haunting since I left UnMatched. I've been walking through the blackest night for so long, but now I see the light in the distance. I called myself the Outcast, but this place, with all its flaws, is starting to feel like home.

Angel pauses when the doctor enters the room.

DOC: Hey, Brett, we got the preliminary results back, and I wanted to go over them with you in my office, if you don't mind.

Angel tilts his head to the side, but keeps smiling.

ANGEL: Why wouldn't I want my man Guy. to hear that I have a clean bill of health? Especially after he said he'd treat me to dinner to raise my spirits after taking such a soul-crushing loss.

The doctor looks at Guy. then back to Angel.

DOC: The results are a lot more serious than first thought. Are you sure don't want to come inside my office to talk?

Guy., with his unequaled journalistic instincts, can sense trouble looming. He starts to excuse himself from the room, but Angel's cold voice cuts him off.

ANGEL: I'm not going anywhere. If you've got something to say, then just go ahead and say it.

The doctor adjusts his glasses, similar to the pair Guy. had, and sighs.

DOC: When you told me that you were losing feeling in your arm, I thought we were dealing with a stinger. Unfortunately, upon further examination, I discovered that you re-aggravated the left shoulder injury you suffered two years ago.

Angel's eyes glaze over. He looks at his arm in betrayal.

DOC: I warned you that you were on borrowed time after the first injury, and judging by your behavior since, you didn't take the news well. You've used whatever time you had left, and then some; you may never have full use of that arm again.

Angel looks off into the distance as a flashback starts playing.

DOC: And just so we're on the same page, I'm not giving you the option this time. For the foreseeable future, wrestling is out of the question.

There's no immediate response. Angel sadly chuckles and looks at Guy.

ANGEL: I had a feeling it was too good to be true.

GUY.: What was?

ANGEL: Happiness.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down