-Ascendance

Fusion/Genesis Superstar of the Week!
How to watch us!
Dashing's Stuff!

Cop's Stuff!

Secondary Main Shows

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should DashDash and Mizzy Baby do Secondary Shows?

71% 71% 
[ 10 ]
29% 29% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 14

Secondary Main Shows

Post by SonOfAnarchy91 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:44 pm

So at the point we're at with having so many CAW's on each show I thought it would be a good time to bring in second "main" shows on each brand. I use main loosely as I'm thinking along the lines of WCW's Thunder where they showcaseed the Mid Carders/Cruiserweights and below.

As we have so many CAW's we're at the point where we have a lot of new people joining but due to never being booked end up leaving without really being given a chance over long time members (unless they spam promo's... hey remember back when we started everyone was like "you don't have to promo herpa-derp", yeah that).

These secondary shows would replace the current shows that take up "Main Event"/"Superstars" slots in Universe mode (so no more B Shows after Fusion/Unmatched the next episode would be the secondary show instead of just another episode of Fusion/Unmatched, so no House shows at all.).

I feel like it would give a lot more variety as well, as right now we are getting 2-3 (or more) shows a week of the same show, with the same CAW's and have a PPV almost every week which I feel devalues the PPV's as well. If we have one EVERY week its literally just another show, just slightly longer.

Not only are CAW's being buried almost instantly due to not fitting into Fusion or Unmatched's cards with their creators leaving without really being given a chance the 2nd Midcard and Midcard Vixen's titles are also being buried (especially on Fusion).

So would you like to see secondary main shows? Comment below, let me kn- yeah I've been watching too much Jeremy Jahns... just vote on the damn poll lol!

SonOfAnarchy91
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Main Shows

Post by Alveuss on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:50 pm

SonOfAnarchy91 wrote:So at the point we're at with having so many CAW's on each show I thought it would be a good time to bring in second "main" shows on each brand. I use main loosely as I'm thinking along the lines of WCW's Thunder where they showcaseed the Mid Carders/Cruiserweights and below.

As we have so many CAW's we're at the point where we have a lot of new people joining but due to never being booked end up leaving without really being given a chance over long time members (unless they spam promo's... hey remember back when we started everyone was like "you don't have to promo herpa-derp", yeah that).

These secondary shows would replace the current shows that take up "Main Event"/"Superstars" slots in Universe mode (so no more B Shows after Fusion/Unmatched the next episode would be the secondary show instead of just another episode of Fusion/Unmatched, so no House shows at all.).

I feel like it would give a lot more variety as well, as right now we are getting 2-3 (or more) shows a week of the same show, with the same CAW's and have a PPV almost every week which I feel devalues the PPV's as well. If we have one EVERY week its literally just another show, just slightly longer.

Not only are CAW's being buried almost instantly due to not fitting into Fusion or Unmatched's cards with their creators leaving without really being given a chance the 2nd Midcard and Midcard Vixen's titles are also being buried (especially on Fusion).

So would you like to see secondary main shows? Comment below, let me kn- yeah I've been watching too much Jeremy Jahns... just vote on the damn poll lol!

Meh

Alveuss
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:56 pm

Been waiting for a suggestion like this since December. Sounds good, I'd migrate all my guys over to the new show if this is to go down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Santa Bato on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:11 pm

A great way to even out the rosters. Get everyone booked and keep everyone interested.

Santa Bato
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dashing on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:25 pm

Well, I've kinda made Genesis into a secondary show already, in that I only book people who weren't on Fusion that week, or newbies to give them some screen time/momentum. There's only two PPV's a month btw for Fusion, pls chill. If I were to make Genesis a REAL secondary show, that'd mean 1 PPV a month indeed, as I'm not streaming any more frequently.

Idk, I'm not really about that life but I'd consider it if the community gets behind it.

Mr. Dashing
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://communityuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumblesnorton on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:32 pm

I had a dream about this, and I feel like the simming of matches on house shows and live events is a bit pointless. I personally would rather not be booked at all than have a possible match dangled in front of my face before a button is pressed and a random result is thrown out.

So aside from that being utilized more efficiently, a better rotation of wrestlers between shows might help (especially if there are multiple shows per week). So if guy A appears on Monday's main show he doesn't have be be on Thursday's as well, with the mini-shows after the main card filling in the gap so people have at least a match a week.

Grumblesnorton
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dashing on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:41 pm

The simmed matches I feelĀ are purely kayfabe for me, it's just a way to build up new talent before debuting them.

As for rotating who competes on each show, I TRY to do that. Like in NXT you may not see Finn Balor for three weeks. But I feel like booking matches pertaining to a certain storyline or feud is better than just a random match for nothing.

That's just me tho

Mr. Dashing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortan Rage on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:52 pm

My own two cents for what it's worth.

I ran efeds before and I know how difficult and how much of a time sink running a fed is. But it's also important to be fair when booking characters. I personally only tried to push characters who had promos done semi regularly.

It was never a good idea to have a character become a champion or receive a major push when they're not around to promo or act like they don't give a shit about it. That's never fair for other people who watch the shows weekly and try their best to promo.

This isn't a knock on anybody here. I'm speaking from my own personal experiences running NCW on akionlineuniverse. Yes we have an influx of newbs and perhaps another show or two might be needed. That or purge a bunch of inactive characters from the rosters.

I suggest that Genesis become a full show like Fusion. Perhaps have NXT have their own secondary too.

I'd be willing to become a third brand if I could get twitch to stream from my xbox properly. Might be a good for somebody to run a train grounds sorta fed. Have them take in most of the newbs so they can cut their teeth before getting promoted to NXT or Fusion.

Just my opinion.

Bill Maverick
Rage
The Jezebels (Susanna and Valderiss)

Immortan Rage
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dashing on Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:04 pm

^ That's also another good reason as to why the new guys might not be booked as frequently. I don't know if they're gonna continue being active. See guys like Zquet and Topher, they did promos, watched every stream and were active on the site WEEKS before they really debuted.

Shit, on 2k15, Tim waited for MONTHS, lol.

Mr. Dashing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:17 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top