Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Trust Crimes Of Passion
One Last Flight Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
One Last Flight Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
One Last Flight Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
One Last Flight Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
One Last Flight Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

» A Challenge From the Black
One Last Flight Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 9:26 pm by Jason Spade

» Un viejo enemiga regresa
One Last Flight Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2024 3:13 pm by Jason Spade

» Una súplica de ayuda
One Last Flight Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2024 9:33 pm by Jason Spade

» The Price of Love
One Last Flight Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 3:23 pm by krzy

» Best Friends, Pals, Buddies! AMMITTTTTYYYY!
One Last Flight Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2024 11:18 am by Master Ogon

One Last Flight

Go down

One Last Flight Empty One Last Flight

Post by krzy Thu May 07, 2020 12:20 am

Suraci
--
Jason Spade asked for my help.

Jason Spade asked for my help.

Jason Spahd asked for my help.

And if you know anything about Mr. Spade, then you know how dire of a situation it was for it to ever come to that.

But...if you know anything about Suraci...then you know how much that meant to me.

Not as a wrestler.

As a human being.

Frankly, if you know anything about Suraci...then maybe you know more about him then I do. Because it’s been a hell of a long time since I felt like myself. It’s been far too long since I was that guy who wanted to take flight...to hell with the sun! The burning of my wings, the pain, the stiffness of exhaustion it would have all combined to make me feel alive.

It’s a feeling I’ve been aching for for a long time now.

I feeling I haven’t felt since Mr. Pierce looked me in the eyes and said, “Kid, if you keep it up you could be the face of NGCW.”

It’s been years.

It’s been years since I’ve been the Suraci that the people know and love. The Suraci who spread his wings, took flight, and succeeded...sometimes despite myself. It’s been years...until, Cause and Effect. I was given a second chance on that night, and I soared like I never have before.

But I’ll have to explain before that makes sense to you all.

Mathias Grey.

That was the name of my friend. My friend. The name of a man who I thought had my back no matter how grim the situation looked. One day he saw gold, a chance to take his career to the next level at my expense. That fucking broke my heart, man. To be betrayed like that destroys you at a primal level, and to this day I still haven’t gotten over it. That betrayal consumed me. It became me. It was all I could think about, and it fueled my every thought and action.

During my time here in CMV, I was never really myself because of that. I felt a step slower. I couldn’t fully trust Tyson Cage, and my entire career here was summed up as a guy who endlessly bickered with another guy. I hated it. But I couldn’t stop it. I hated me. But I couldn’t change. It got to the point where I was willing to throw my whole career away at Ascendance just to stick it to Mr. Cage one last time.

That’s not me.

That pettiness, bitterness, downright stupidity…

That’s not Suraci.

When people do me wrong, I’m supposed to take the high road and be a little better than them. I’ll never claim to be a moral beacon. I’m not perfect, far from a saint, but it’s not that hard not to be an asshole.

My very first championship reign of my wrestling career began when I kneed Mr. Spade in the chest so hard that I’d like to think that he still can’t breathe right. That reign ended when Mr. Spade jumped me from behind to get the upper hand.

At that moment I was at a crossroads.

CMV Suraci would have taken it a step further. CMV Suraci would have attacked Mr. Spade outside of his divorce attorney’s office right after he signed the papers. NGCW Suraci did things the right way. When it came time for our rematch, I waited until we got between the ropes before I gave Mr. Spade a piece of my mind. It was a grueling battle, and there were several times where I wish I did take a shortcut to keep him down for the three count, but eventually, I won, and that match forever cemented the dynamic between the two of us.

That’s the man I wish I was here in CMV. The wrestler...the man that you fans deserved. I can’t rewrite the past. I can’t make myself less of an emotional wreck. I can only apologize, and hope that you all don’t hold it against me.

It’s all mitigated by the fact that Mr. Spade gifted me a chance at redemption. I could have said no. I could have reminded him just who he last eliminated before he got his one on one shot at the NGCW championship. But I needed to be at Cause & Effect more than he could ever know. In that tag team match, when my music hit and I heard the roar of the crowd, it was all I could do not to break out in tears right then and there. I felt like I was back. Like I was me. Like I was home.

It helped that I was in the ring with some familiar faces.

Mr. Proudfoot, it’s been a while, hasn’t it?

You know what I dislike the most about you? That you have the guts to stand before anyone stupid enough to listen to you speak and say that you deserve a shot at the NGCW Championship. Deserve?

DESERVE?

How fucking dare you? How DARE you, Mr. Proudfoot? You deserve a shot at that title as much as I deserve another chance to make “pls” become reality. Do you remember how you won that battle royal? I do. Hell, do you remember what happened to you earlier in the night? I do.

I won’t say it, though; it’ll mean much more for that truth to be spoken through your lips one of these days. I suppose that’s the funny thing about history, huh? It’s the victors who get to write it.

CMV Suraci would force his way into that match. Make the historic triple threat a fatal four way and do everything I can to ensure that you lose, Mr. Proudfoot. Out of Spite. Out of hate. But I won’t.

This isn’t my battle, and that isn’t who I want to be. Not this time. Not anymore.

I want to be the man who I was tonight. Mr. Hoxton, we haven’t had the chance to become formally acquainted before, and so I can only hope that you learned a little something about me. Hopefully you liked what you saw. That’s what I’ve been working on in my time away. I’m gonna be the man who gets his ass beat for fifty-nine straight minutes only to dig down deep into the reserves to pull victory out of thin air.

I don’t know how long it’ll take, could be years, but I’m ready now to make that journey. As long as I have my wings, I’m gonna try to fly, and as long as I’m off the ground, I’ll know that anything is possible.

And one day, when it’s my turn to take a crack at being a World Champion...maybe one of you three will be waiting for me.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down