Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
HALO | One-Armed Angel III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
HALO | One-Armed Angel III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
HALO | One-Armed Angel III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
HALO | One-Armed Angel III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
HALO | One-Armed Angel III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
HALO | One-Armed Angel III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
HALO | One-Armed Angel III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
HALO | One-Armed Angel III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
HALO | One-Armed Angel III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
HALO | One-Armed Angel III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

HALO | One-Armed Angel III

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HALO | One-Armed Angel III - Page 2 Empty Re: HALO | One-Armed Angel III

Post by krzy Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:33 pm

The banner billowing in the wind in front of a school reads: "Reading Saves Lives", a bold statement that's likely from the heart from many of the teachers and faculty that work in this building--at least the decent ones.

The camera man swivels back and forth to give a full sense of this charmingly chaotic event. Children's squeals of joy fill the air as they run around and play under this cloudy sky. On several tables lie books both old and new as people from all over town stop by to donate these much appreciated reading materials that they no longer have use for.

Books that spent ages on shelves--neglected as the years went by and teenagers and older found little use of them-- now are potentially finding new homes as kids gleefully flip through them and show their parents which they want to bring with them. The rest likely added to the school's library.

A large tent has been set up as close to the middle of all of this as it can get, and in front of it stand "1 Shot" Leona and CJ Havret who are smiling and laughing with adoring fans and soon-to-be fans who are trying their best not to be star struck by the unexpected visitors to their small town.

The women sign autographs and pose for pictures that will allow this moment to transcend today into the tomorrows and beyond. Leona smiles and claps her hands together to get the people's attention, a small crowd gathered in a crescent in front of them.

LEONA: Hi everyone! It's so good to see all of you! For those who don't know, I'm Leona, and this is CJ. When we're not kicking butt inside of the ring, we like to give back to the community, and this is one of those times.

She pauses as a small applause flares up.

LEONA: We're so happy to see the turn out for this book drive, and we really hope you had a great time today. Unfortunately, we can't stay forever, even though we wish we could, but duty calls.

Some of the kids say "aww" saddened by the news, or at least because they can sense such a fun day will be coming to an end soon.

HAVRET: But, before we go, we promised when we came that we wouldn't leave without reading a story to you, and we always keep our promises...except for the time Lee said she'd bring pizza back to the hotel.

LEONA: Osiris gave it all away!

HAVRET: And that's why I love books, guys. When people in real life let me down...

Leona shakes her head and laughs.

HAVRET:...I can count on a good book to whisk me away into a different world. I grow to love and hate the characters in them and to laugh and cry at the things that happen to them. It's like magic, and I hope today some of you have discovered that magic. So, Lee which story are we reading today.

LEONA: You know, to both make it up to you and show everyone what a great best friend I am, I'm gonna let you choose.

Havret's eyes light up as she reaches into her purse and pulls out a worn, tattered small book. Her eyes start to moisten just a little bit, but she quickly swipes away at them with the back of her hand.

HAVRET: There's a story in this book my Nana used to read to me and Ginger, about the raven and the wolf. I'm so happy I get to share it with all of you.

She sits Indian style on the grass and many of the kids scramble to sit as close to her as possible. When Havret flips through the pages and reads, her voice is soft and soothing, playful and colorful. Everyone, even Leona who has likely heard this dozens of times, is listening attentively.

HAVRET: The Raven flew down from the naked free and perched upon a pointed rock. She looked down at he jagged ribs of a wolf lying of its side, chest rising and falling sporadically with each strained breath.

"I've brought you something," the Raven said gently.

The wolf slowly raised its head off the ground and opened dimming eyes to make sense of the blob.

"You've come to mock me," the wolf's voice was raspy.

"No, I'm here to help." The raven flapped her wings and landed near the wolves mouth. She dropped a scrap of raw meat, still slick with blood in some places.

"Why?" the wolf asked, straining to reach the tantalizing parcel of food. The Raven nudges the piece closer to his mouth and watches at he chews it and swallows it.

She flies off and returns a minute later with an end of a leaf held in each talon. She hovers over the wolf's mouth where she tilts the leaf allowing several drops of desperately needed water to slide down the his dry throat.

"Because we're both alone," she finally says, "and we both need to survive."

She watches as he struggles to stand on three good legs before collapsing to the ground. It continues like this for days. But the darkness shrouding their futures is slowly beaten away by the hopeful rays of the sun.

For the next ten or so minutes, Havret reads on, her eyes casually flicking down to the text written on the page every now and then, but this is a story she knows by heart by now. The wolf's leg heals, and the raven helps him find isolated prey, typically small and weak not that long since it was brought into the world. Eventually he gets stronger and faster...and deadlier. Together they are able to survive and thrive.

HAVRET: The wolf's teeth sinks into the still warm flesh on the antelope that never saw him coming. When he's done, the raven helps herself, needing a lot less to lull her hunger into silence.

"You haven't chased me away yet," she said. "You could have killed me a long time ago if you wanted to."

He considers the weight of the words for a moment. "Yes," he said finally, "but so could you."

Everyone claps as the story ends, and say their goodbyes as the time comes for Havret and Leona to be on their way. A little boy rushes over to Havret and tugs on her blouse.

BOY: Hi CJ!

HAVRET:Hey! How are you?

The boy is shy, running back over to his momma and wrapping his arms around her legs. Havret walks over and squats down so that they're at eye level and gives the boy a friendly wave.

HAVRET: Don't be afraid I don't bite.

She beckons the boy over, and he giggles when she pulls him in for a hug.

BOY: Um..what happened to Ginger?

He just blurts it out and Havret freezes, his parents eyes open wide in shock and embarrassment and Leona takes a tentative step forward.

MOM: Alvio! We told you not to.

LEONA: CJ.....

Havret snaps out of her trance and straightens herself.

HAVRET: When toxic people don't want to see you happy, they go out of their way to spread their poison. And sometimes that's literal.

She flashes a smile and ruffles the boy's hair before turning and walking away, Leona close behind.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:40 am

HALO | One-Armed Angel III - Page 2 NmiHp3j

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:21 pm

The cameras are following Osiris here during this special event in London as he walks down the hallway.

ANGEL: Your hair is a mess.

OSIRIS: Man, shut up.

OSIRIS: Are those crumbs in your beard?

OSIRIS: Shut up.

ANGEL: And your socks are two different colors.

Osiris abruptly stops so that he can turn and look Angel in the eyes.

OSIRIS: First of all...

Angel fakes an annoyed sigh and puts his hands on his hips.

ANGEL: I hate when you do this.

Osiris stands there frozen with his finger in Angel’s face for almost a full minute.

OSIRIS: ...don’t hate on the socks. This is the future.

He turns and resumes walking as Angel calls out after him.

ANGEL: And second of all? WHAT’S SECOND?!

Osiris chuckles and turns a corner forcing Angel to start jogging after him. Osiris finds himself at the front door of the general manager’s office and he knocks loudly until the door swings open.

OSIRIS: You, what’s your face, we gotta talk about what happened the other day.

GM: Learning my name would be a good start if you want this conversation to go smoothly. And you know what my name is; it’s...

ANGEL: Brett Angel victim number 34. Or was it 39? I’ve lost count all these months later.

OSIRIS: Ignore him. What matters is that I’m tryna have little Osiris’ running around one day and I can’t be having people kicking me where the sun don’t shine and getting away with it. So I’m handling this the proper way, and asking for another shot at Glock so I can get some...redemption if you will.

GM: I’ll see what I can do.

And then the GM closes the door in their faces.

OSIRIS: Man, why’d I even bring you along? You just made things worse...and they weren’t even bad to start with.

ANGEL:What can I say? Maybe you’d have an easier time getting what you wanted if you were a rising star like me.

OSIRIS: Shut up.

ANGEL: Anyway, now that that’s done...I need a drink.

OSIRIS: You’re paying; I don’t make rising star money.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Deafening cheers fill the room and Brett Angel steps onto the stage with a smirk on his face soaking in this moment as he stands in front of an electric Ascendance audience for the second time in his career. They’re revved up at the sight of the battleworn wrestler, some sitting at the edges of their seats, the rest standing, as they watch as Angel suspensefully brings the microphone up to his mouth.

ANGEL: I am the Outcast...

And that’s all he has to say before the sold-out crowd excitedly finishes the phrase for him--a goosebump inducing moment that leaves Angel in awe and appreciation. A rapture of applause breaks out that soon gives way like the parting of the sea to an enthusiastic chant of his name.

ANGEL: The reason why superheroes don’t exist is because there’s no such thing as a pure heart. Nobody’s soul is a blinding white. We all have skeletons in our closet. The problem with the concept of a pure heart is that such a person would be exploited by family, stepped on by strangers, abused by friends. Nobody can live like that for long before that heart hardens. Nobody survives for long under circumstances like that. Every sliver of humanity in you is tainted and poisoned until it shrivels up and rots until you’re fundamentally changed as a person.

I think about the man I was back then in UnMatched and who I am now and it feels like a lifetime has passed. I was vilified for nothing, crucified for trivialities, put on a pedestal and told to abide by laws the rest broke without consequence. And now here I am. The “old” Brett Angel wouldn’t have done what I did to get where I am tonight. No, he would have played by the rules, shrugging off injustice after injustice thinking that he could get anywhere with a smile and a kind heart. I don’t think of myself as a victim. I was a fool. I should have known better to think the heavens would smile on me after all it’s already taken.

He chuckles and shakes his head.

ANGEL: Now I know better. Dave Turner wants to think this match is a slap in the face, but to me it’s an opportunity. The one thing that hasn’t changed in all these years is that there is nothing more dangerous than putting Brett Angel in a title match. I will fight as if this match were for the Alpha Championship, hell it might as well be, because as long as I’m involved in the picture, the Rising Star championship is now the most prestigious title in the company. I’m not embarrassed to be where I am, I am not ashamed, because if there’s one thing I learned these past few weeks is that some of the best wrestlers in this company aren’t those holding onto a dying flame, but the one ready to strike the match.

I’m stepping into the ring against not one, but two men who may damn well be called hall of famers when they hang up their boots for good. The only reason why nobody else knows it is because they’re cordoned off on Reality Wrestling, but I looked into their eyes and I saw the hunger, I saw the passion, I felt the ache in their souls to become the greatest wrestlers in CMV history. But Romero, Guerrero, I need you to know that no matter what you go on to do from here on out. No matter how many championships you win or glammies you earn, you will always look back on this night here at Ascendance and remember when you lost to Brett Angel, because I still have a hell of a lot more in the tank.

The crowd cheers loudly and again start chanting Angel’s name, more excited than ever for the impending triple threat match for the championship later on in the show.

ANGEL: Rising Star, huh? At first I was a insulted, but then I realized something. If I’m a star that has already accomplished more than most could dream of, and I’m still rising?....Well, that’s a scary thought now, ain’t it?

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:14 pm

The camera cuts to a hallway backstage where Havret and Leona are hanging out. Havret is sitting on the floor her back against the wall working on her drawing, while Leona is in the middle of a phone conversation. Eventually, Leona taps the phone’s screen to end the call then looks down at Havret.

LEONA: Hey Ceej, Osiris called from the hospital and said Brett’s awake.

HAVRET: Is he...

LEONA: They can’t tell how serious the nerve damage is.

Leona sighs deeply and looks up at the ceiling.

LEONA: I’m gonna go visit him...that idiot. Good luck in your match tonight, Ceej.

HAVRET: I’ll meet up with you guys when I’m done. Punch him in the shoulder for me.

Leona gives Havret a weak smile before half walking, half running down the hallway. With time to kill before her match, Havret looks back down at her paper and continues her drawing.

A snicker to her left catches her attention. Havret looks up and sees famed Vixen Mariah looking over her shoulder disapprovingly at Havret’s drawing.

HALO | One-Armed Angel III - Page 2 FwCMSPA

A look flashes through her eyes and you can almost see the flames in Havret’s retinas as she looks at Mariah, who’s still laughing at the drawing. However, Havret’s opponent’s theme can be heard faintly playing in the background indicating that this isn’t something she can deal with just yet.

------------------------------

There’s a smash cut to the backstage area just before the main event goes live.

What the hell happened back here?

A war?

A tornado?

A war between tornadoes???

Everything is in disarray, and the cameraman focuses the image on droplets of blood that form an erratic trail down the hallway. At one point a body of a man lies just off to the side, his leg bent in an awkward angle, the only indication that he’s still alive being the fading moans of unrelenting agony.

The cameraman turns a corner, still following the blood droplets which brings him past a scene of a hole several cracks in the concrete wall with both sledgehammer and broken baseball bat lying suspiciously close to it. Further down the hall, the poster advertising the Vixen’s Title match is ripped with bloody handprints drying on the wall around it.

The blood trail temporarily ends at a small puddle formed by the small river running from the flooding men’s bathroom. The cameraman steps over the water, then maneuvers himself around an overturned food cart with one of the wheels still spinning and then through the residual smoke from a fire that has since been put out.

The blood trails continues to a set of double doors, one of which has been knocked off of its hinges. The camera steps through the closed door and into the parking lot where a car alarm can be heard going off nearby.

Drawing closer to the scene, dents on various vehicles can be seen and the various broken windows and spiderwebbed windshields only contribute to the painting of this unnerving picture. Women’s clothing are strewn about, littering the ground and the heel of a shoe is stuch in a tire. Finally, the cameraman arrives at a car where the steering wheel has been ripped out, and one of the windshield wipers is on the ground and is caked with blood on the tip.

CJ Havret sits on the now concave car roof, and apparently the blood is hers. In fact, she’s bleeding profusely, the left off of her face covered in the liquid, yet she sits there casually swinging her legs from her perch while humming a sweet tune to herself. She should be getting medical attention, instead she has opted to finish her drawing from earlier, putting the finishing touches on her masterpiece then taking a moment to look over the fruit of her hard work.

Seconds later she shakes her head.

HAVRET: You know, you were right, Mariah. This one could be so much better. There’s too much red.

The red of course, being splotches of her own blood that dripped onto the page, but that’s likely neither here nor there at this point. She crumples up the page before hopping down from the car’s room. She walks over to the car’s open trunk where Mariah’s body lies. Havret opens Mariah’s mouth with one hand, then stuffs the wad of paper into it with the other. Before closing the trunk, she kisses Mariah on the forehead.

HAVRET: Oh no! I’m gonna miss my flight!

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:32 pm

After his victory over George King, Osiris has made it to the general manager's office, knocking a hip hop worthy beat onto the door. Seconds later the door swings open, and the general manager doesn't look too happy about that.

GM: What the hell was that all about? Can I help you with something?  

OSIRIS: Oh, hey! Didn't see you there, boss. I mean, I was just in the neighborhood, taking a casual stroll to catch my breath after my big win against George King...you know, the European Champion and all. Not that I'm trying to brag or anything, I just thought it was cool how I beat one of the top guys on the brand.

Osiris looks wistfully off to the side as he reminisces.  

OSIRIS: Reminds me of the time I beat Sunshine. Woo! Now that was a hell of a victory celebration.

GM: But if a recall correctly, you won both of those matches off of a disqualification of some kind. Am I really supposed to reward you for that?  

OSIRIS: Hey now, don't take it out on me if you can't keep control of your roster. Besides, it should say a lot that the guys in the back have taking such a liking to me that they're willing to help me make it to the top. How can you blame them, though? I'm the man with the plan and the magic hands. The dude with the good looks, who got 'em all soon. The one and only the real not phony...

GM: What is it that you want, Osiris? A title match? Because Glock is due next for the shot.  

OSIRIS: Now just what kind of line cutter do you take me for? I can respect the natural order.

GM: Good, because...

OSIRIS: I'll just take my shot at the same time.

GM: Wait, what?  

OSIRIS: Come on, now. Glock kicked me in my baby makers last week, attacked King this week, and who knows who he'll attacked next week? It could be you! You can't have that menace to society running around here with a belt as prestigious as the European Title. And then there's King. We saw what happened to the last guy named, King. Why play with fire? I'm that title's only hope. I hear it crying out at night, praying to one day be wrapped around my waist. Do kill its dreams.

GM:You can't be serious.  

GM:Nice talkin with ya, boss. You're a lot more reasonable than that Turner guy.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:57 am

Heading into Genesis, a video has been uploaded to the CMV website showing Angel lying in a hospital bed, an IV tube fed into his arm. The first scene depicts Osiris sitting on a chair, talking to himself mostly as Angel is too hopped up on pain killers to give his undivided attention.

OSIRIS: ...and then I was like, boss, how you gonna have be beating these big names left and right without breaking a sweat, and not give me any kind of title match as a reward for my efforts?

My man looked at me like he was gonna fire me on the spot, but then I said I'd get my boy Brett on him, and he backed off faster than the speed of light. Next thing I know he's offering me title matches left and right, just throwing them at me, begging me to be the face of UnMatched.

But you know me, as humble as they come. So I told him to just relax. The world titles, check that plural, will come in due time. Right now, though, I've got some unfinished business with that European Championship, baby. Before I know it I'm in a triple threat match for the belt. I'd ask you for advice, but...

Angel manages to smile, before the scene fades to black. Days later, it's CJ Havret visiting Angel, handing her stablemate, her friend, a newer, blood-free version of her "Get Well Soon" card. Angel holds the parchment for a long time just looking at it. Then a teary-eyed Havret wraps her arms around him with a big hug before this scene fades.

Finally, it's Leona sitting on the bed with Angel sitting next her. Angel remains quiet as Leona vents.

LEONA: Why didn't you just tap? Now look where you are. It wasn't supposed to come to this. It's not supposed to end like this.

ANGEL:Life would be too easy if we had any say in it.

LEONA:I hate you.

She rests her head on his good shoulder, and allow the silence to continue to conversation.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:15 pm

There’s a thunderous applause when Angel’s music hits at the beginning of UnMatched. The fans packed into this building are caught so off guard by this sudden appearance that there’s a brief silence before the cheers fill the room.

They watch as Angel steps out onto the stage, the sight of him making them scream out even louder. Angel’s draped in an extravagant cloak, its fanciness unlike anything he’s ever donned before. On the back of it is written “Angel is UnMatched” and with the way these people are going crazy for him, it’d be impossible to argue against that.

He’s in the ring now, standing there soaking this all in. The last time he was here was when he unmasked as Andriod, but that was so long ago the moment almost doesn’t even feel real. Yet here he is, back for good? Or just back for a while?

ANGEL: I...

And that’s as far as he gets before the people take over and finish the introduction for him. There’ll come a point where he won’t have to say anything at all. The crowd cheers once they’re done, elated and overjoyed to be part of such a special moment. Angel waits a long time for them to settle down.

ANGEL: I...

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

A smile forces its way onto an otherwise stoic expression as another wave of cheers and chants rock the arena like winds against sails. Angel allows himself to be swept away, closing his eyes and letting himself be bathed in the warmth and appreciation of the audience.

ANGEL: I was going to do this on Genesis, but I think it’s fitting that it ends where it all began.

And just like that a worried hush fall over the crowd. A penny could fall anywhere in the arena, and you would hear it hit the concrete as clearly as though it happened right next to you.

Angel removes the cloak, fully revealing his upper body and the sling his arm is in becomes painfully visible, and as the hearts of thousands sink, as they fear the words they never want to hear come dangerously close to the tip of Angel’s tongue.

With a weak smile, Angel lets the garment fall to the ground. He looks around at the fans, his eyes soft yet determined. This is something he has to do.

ANGEL: It’s fitting that the way it all ends is because I was too stubborn to know when to give up. I pushed my body past its limit, I ignored when it told me that it had enough, and now I’m paying the price.

It’s hard to say if I regret it--not tapping out. When I lost feeling in my arm and couldn’t kick out, I was more upset about losing the match than any future repercussions. Even now, as I stand here one step away from the end of the tunnel, I just keep wishing I had a little strength left to keep that battle going.

This doesn’t feel real.

From the moment the doctor laid out my options, to my talk with Leona before I came out here, all of this feels surreal. There are things in life you can’t plan for. That’s a lesson I’ve learned the hard way, yet this hit me like a bolt of lightening all the same.

I thought I could keep going with one arm. Hoped that one day I’ll wake up and be back to my old self. But it’s almost a week later, and I still can’t make a fist. I’ve stood up against the biggest, the most ruthless, the most dangerous and the most bloodthirsty men CMV had to offer, but I’ve never felt more weak and vulnerable and so unsure of my future than when I learned that my arm may never be the same again.

I never thought much about how it all would end. I just always assumed I’d have one last war then walk off into the sunset of my own volition.

Here we are.

His voice trails off giving the opening the crowd has been searching for to start a chant of: “Please don’t go!”

It’s the sentiment that counts, at least.

ANGEL: I’m not one for goodbyes or long speeches, at least when I’m not pissed off.

What makes this all a little easier is that from my wars on Genesis, I saw first hand how bright the future of CMV as a whole is, and I can be at peace knowing that it’s at least a little better than when I first arrived.

But you all need to know that wrestling saved my life when boxing couldn’t fill the void that was left. I lost everything, but this business gave me something to fight for.

To live for.

So whatever comes next, just know one thing: Angel’s never die.

With those words spoken and these hearts broken. Angel raises his good arm into the air, before exiting the ring and walking up the ramp one last time to a standing ovation. He stops at the ramp but can’t bring himself to turn around and face the fans again. He takes the hardest step he’s ever had to, one that brings him backstage and away from the ring he made his name in.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alveuss Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:50 am

Can you not

Jacob Ziegler - 1x Undisputed Champion, 2x Anarchy Champion, 1x Tag Team Champions (w/ Hayden), 1x Mr Money in the Bank

2017 Newcomer of the Year, 2019 Superstar of the Year, 2019 Feud of the Year, Joint most eliminations in a Royal Rumble match

Misc. - 1x Women's Intercontinental Champion (Riley Dixon), 1x Miss Money in the Bank (Riley Dixon), 1x Light Heavyweight Champion (Rubik)
Alveuss
Alveuss
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:01 am

As Ferocity rolls on, we catch up with the GM of the show who steps into her office to find "1 Shot" Leona already there waiting for her. The GM pushes the door as closed as it can get without it actually completely shutting, as if she were subconsciously--or even intentionally after the way the last meeting with the other woman in HALO went--leaving herself an escape route.

It doesn't take long for Leona to pick up on that, not that the GM was being subtle to begin with. Leona, sitting in a chair by the desk, her back turned to her boss, doesn't bother looking behind her has she speaks.

LEONA: Don't worry; I've asked CJ to meet me at the hotel.

The GM lets out a sigh of relief, but still doesn't fully close the door behind her.

GM: Thank--

LEONA: But I can't control how she'll react to this meeting of ours. This long overdue meeting that I have no clue how it'll all end. But probably not well. That I've come to peace with that. I just need us to be clear on one thing: what happens from here on out, you don't take it out on her.

GM: Sure, but...

LEONA: I wasn't asking.

Leona's words are quick and biting, her mood evidently clear as the tension in the room kicks up tenfold. The GM inhales sharply, wise enough to sense the anger sizzling beneath her words.

LEONA: The time when this could have been a pleasant conversation has come and gone. If you watched UnMatched, you'd be able to pinpoint the exact moment that ship set sail.

Leona sits forward in the chair, her fingers tented, her gaze on a spot on the wall, not on the general manager.

LEONA: I won't pretend that Brett didn't have his demons, God knows he wasn't perfect, but he was trying. Not to be perfect, but just to be the best damn man that he could be. That's all he wanted. And that would have been enough.

He shouldn't have been on Genesis. He had his home; he had his family; he had his friends right there on UnMatched. When people talk about his career, they'll talk about about the turning point when things began to go downhill and it was when he lost it all.

You had the chance. You had the opportunity to help, and the power for that help to actually mean something. But you were no different than Kane or your father, monsters who used Brett's heart against him. It's no wonder you married the man that you did.

A scowl crosses the GM's face at the mention of her marriage, and she takes a stride forward before Leona abruptly standing up freezes the GM misstep. There's a fury, a burning white hot rage in Leona's eyes and her screaming voice, straining and cracking with each syllable matches that intensity.

LEONA: He was nothing more than a commodity to you, a tool to keep the wheels of this show spinning. Just like Kane pushed him to end careers or risk losing his title, you pushed him into a role he didn't want, and after he gave it all for that team for that show, you looked an emotionally damaged man in the eyes and told him that he was worthless to you.

Leona all but spits those last three words out, then punctuates her sentence with a step forward immediately followed by a step back in response by the general manager.

LEONA: Worthless. After everything he did, everything he still wanted to do. You know the difference between Brett Angel and Voice Vindy?

Not much.

Except that Brett saw and dealt with the same things Vindy did, but he stayed. Because he loved this place. I often wonder how different things would be if he was selfish too. If he threw a tantrum, left in the middle of his contract and leveraged his star power to thrust himself into the main event scene instead of being called a nobody. Just another double standard he’s dealt with.

He didn’t leave for good until he was forced out and now he’s just flat out gone for good. You don’t know how much it broke him and it all snowballed until he refused to tap out and lost all that he had left. You blackened his name because you're a goddamned idiot living up to your last name whether it be Sampson or Schmit.

GM: I'm not the enemy Leona and you need to leave Schmidty out of this or...

LEONA: Or what? What?! Because to be honest, I'm not even here to talk about Brett; I'm here to talk about what you've already been doing. See, Brett had been ranting and raving for weeks about the hypocrisy and incompetence he had to deal with, and he all but said your name.

It ate away at you. You couldn't do anything to him, though, right? He was all the way over there on Genesis where you couldn't touch him. That was my doing. I knew if he went anywhere near Fusion it would have ended in disaster for all parties involved. There’s been a silent war that’s been brewing since I came back here, and only those paying real close attention have been able to pick up on it.

Tell me something, boss: tell me how many weeks I showed up here in my wrestling gear aching to get into the ring and do what I do best, only to be told there are no plans, for me, there’s just no room for me. I’m surprised I even still get paychecks. I couldn’t build up momentum, couldn’t get to make mistakes and then learn from them. Just had to sit and watch my career go by and question why I bothered coming back week after week after WEEK of getting the scraps while the rest ate off the linens.

GM: But this week...

LEONA: Too little too late. You’ll play nice this week, but it’ll be the same old garbage the moment you think the coast is clear. Power never fails to corrupt, and I should be mad, but I can’t help but feel sorry for you. Manipulated, toyed with, lead on a string because you have no confidence in yourself, but you flash that pretty smile of yours and everyone is fooled. But not me. I saw through the moment I saw you, and you’re still that scared living girl trying to get out of daddy’s shadow.

Though, now that daddy’s all but out of the picture, I wonder if you’ve ever stopped to think if Schmidty has any use for you. You ever stay up at night counting down the seconds on the clock until he finds someone else who offers a little more than her father’s show? Must be tough. You try to keep it together, put on a brave face, but you’re a wreck inside. Ha! Was that battle royal at Implosion your way of keeping him happy? A big display of appreciation so that he doesn’t go to anyone else to feed that ego?

The GM screams out and slaps Leona hard on the face. Leona smirks.

GM: I told you to leave him out of this!

LEONA: And I bet that match wasn’t even the lowest you’ve sunk.

The GM tries to slap Leona again, but the seasoned wrestler sees the lightening bolt coming the second time and grabs the GM by the wrist, bending that arm behind her back. Leona then grabs her by the front of her blouse and forcefully shoves her against the wall.

LEONA: I don’t have a lot of nice things to say about him; can you blame me? Because the more I think about it, the more I wonder if Schmidty has been pulling the strings. We saw with Savage how long he can hold a grudge, so I wonder, and please humor this crazy conspiracy, but I wonder if he was jealous that he couldn’t rip UnMatched out of Brett’s hands, which sparked his drive to control Fusion by any means necessary.

Told you it was crazy, but just the thought [of it being even remotely possible is all that was keeping me from coming after you.

Now I don’t care anymore.

The GM speaks grit teeth, struggling as the collar of his shirt tightens around her throat because of Leona’s grip.

GM: If you don’t let me go, this will be the last thing you ever do on my show.

Leona laughs as she leans a little closer.

LEONA: Go ahead and wake the sleeping giant.

In a sudden, powerful motion, Leona throws the GM through the air where she floats for a second before dropping down hard on the sturdy desk and rolling over onto the other side.

LEONA: And I don’t mean me.

The screen fades to black as Leona exits the room without once looking back.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:40 pm

dawn pulls out the smiling knife
leana cries as it punctures her hair
the audience flies as leona dead

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!