Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Silence. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Silence. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Silence. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Silence. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Silence. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Silence. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Silence. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Silence. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Silence. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Silence. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Silence.

Go down

Silence. Empty Silence.

Post by Master Ogon Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:07 pm

The scene is set in a nostalgic setting that has brought some bad memories, Matt’s old apartment that hasn’t been used for one of his bizarre rants in a long time. The pictures of all of the men he’d ever feuded with on his walls still have red crosses over their faces. Besides Jacob Ziegler still, he still just has an insane amount of red circles around him, the hatred he has for that man is seemingly infinite. Three new additions have been added since that recording a year ago, the contrast between all those three names really shows how far Devious has come, Shanaz, Briggs, and Divine. But of course, someone had to turn on his phone to start recording. Matt himself is sitting on his filthy pear green couch with a dish of Penne Alla Vodka on the wooden table in front of him. The table is also covered with a large number of open beers and pieces of papers with sloppy writing on them, making it a pretty cluttered mess. His rug got even more destroyed since the last time he showed anything here too, for someone that makes a decent paycheck he really doesn’t care about living well it seems.

He’s just wearing the usual unceremonious choice of clothing that he’s commonly associated with, just a pair of jeans with no shirt. He has that usual shit-eating grin you’d expect from him and is staring directly at the camera, he speaks in a rather chipper tone.

Matt Devious:
2-0, without me even having to use my Vertebreaker…

Maybe silence really is the most deadly weapon against some know-it-all vet?

Matt busts out that signature chuckle of his and then just continues speaking.

Matt Devious:
This went as well as I’d expect, you’re an amazing competitor Brett, but you’re really not smart with managing this title reign of yours. You thought you figured me out when I was announced to be your competitor a while ago, saying all the reasons why you thought I attacked you and why I did this and why I did that. I’ll be honest, they’d be mostly right if you weren’t talking about Matt Devious. Wanna know why? Because Matt Devious is made out of a different kind of fabric, for someone that has apparently been watching me for a while and considered me a rising star, you don’t know me that well. You were damn right saying I have the hunger and I have the drive, you were also unsettlingly correct with that paltry ingredients metaphor. I do just view you the same way as someone views a meal, all you are is basically something I have to devour to cure a hunger I have. That hunger, of course, is to live up to my potential and get that good old International Title you have. But that’s where you stop assuming even a single thing correct about me, and that’s gonna be your downfall, Brett. You got too confident with knowing who I am so then you began to think of other people, like Bob Luger and Xander Slate. You’re underrating how big of a threat I am, buddy.

The smirk turns into a more serious expression after that last sentence, along with the chipperness in his voice dying out. That isn’t surprising, he mostly just smiles to be a wisenheimer.

Matt Devious:
Do you think I started to have this breakout season because I started to act like your usual hungry star that hasn’t gotten the opportunity he deserved? That’s really how you make it seem, which is the biggest insult I’ve ever gotten in my entire career. How did assuming what I was thinking work for Andrew Briggs? The man still has scars from the number of times I made him bleed. But maybe that’s a bad example because I still got sent to Genesis, right? Of course, that was after he got an unfair rematch after I beat him two times in one night but I’ll use another example. Paul Divine, what do you think he assumed about me? Everyone predicted that he’d get the victory, and with the amount of wins and the streak of dominance he’d been having up to that point, he even thought he’d maybe win easily I bet. He pretty much assumed the same thing you were thinking, Brett. That I was just some hungry rising star, but even he knows I’m much more than that. It’s almost like you underrate me, which is funny because you seem to looooove that title, so you of all people should understand how different I am compared to anyone else in CMV if you want to keep that title. Anyone can say that line and just be your run-of-the-mill cocky idiot that didn’t prove shit, but I proved that I live up to the statement, even if you seem to just assume I’m just yet another challenger.

Devious slowly rubs his left hand down his face and his posture noticeably gets a tad tenser. He continues, with a clear bit of annoyance and animosity in his voice.

Matt Devious:
Just another challenger that beat you twice, once in under five minutes. Honestly, the second L you got was only so bad because you decided to try and face the biggest star in The Regime and Bob Luger in a handicap match. I don’t mean to kink-shame, but do you have some serious masochism issue? You willingly submit yourself to a handicap match because you hated your partner, fully knowing that you're facing two of the best The Regime have to offer, and now here you are willingly ignoring all the proof that I'm not your usual rising star. Like I said at the start of this little talk, you’re not managing your title reign like an intelligent person, you're just a fool that seems like he only cares about being the “fighting champion” and not being the SUCCESSFUL champion. You’re destroying your body, your chances of keeping your title, and even your reputation. I’m not one to say since I always had a bad reputation, but you’re not coming off as someone to invest in or to even care about. You’re acting like an impulsive Superman, just without any of the power so you end up hurting yourself. You’re using your flawed heart, just saying what you want to say and doing what you want to do without using your brain to think about some things, that’s how it comes off anyway. Thinking too simply is your downfall, I’d bet my own life on it. You said it yourself with too much confidence, “You can jump me from behind, you can beat me in minutes, sooner or later I’ll bounce back.” which I don’t doubt, you’re one resilient man. But resilience doesn’t matter if you bouncing back isn’t decided by will, it’s decided by the FACT that you can’t bounce back because I have a habit of hurting people REALLY bad. Just remember that when you lose and assume “you can bounce back” but wake up in a hospital bed. I’ll see ya soon, Angel.

Matt stands himself up and begins to walk toward his phone but he pauses when he’s about to reach it. He got an idea, one that’s fitting of a man called a master of mind games. He leans and slowly moves his face toward the lens, to a borderline unsettling amount. His lips slowly form a full-on crooked smile, as the entire world is gifted an up-close view of his not that handsome face. He says one last cheeky thing.

Matt Devious:
Oh yeah, and I have no idea who the hell you were referring to when you said I played a role helping you lose a friend on Fusion. Do you believe someone that prides himself on being the most dangerous man on the roster will remember just yet another victim? I don’t remember the people that don’t matter to me, some food for thought for you.

Click.

Then it all fades to black.

Master Ogon
Master Ogon
Midcard Playboy
Midcard Playboy

Humor : r truth

Back to top Go down

Silence. Empty Re: Silence.

Post by Master Ogon Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:09 pm

Couldn't devote too much time finalizing everything here, but I still wanted to get a promo done. But as always criticism is welcome. Unless it's about the coding, I'm working on that already. Just got a pretty bad headache so it killed my mood while I was editing everything.
Master Ogon
Master Ogon
Midcard Playboy
Midcard Playboy

Humor : r truth

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum