Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
A Conversation in a Cadillac Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
A Conversation in a Cadillac Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
A Conversation in a Cadillac Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
A Conversation in a Cadillac Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
A Conversation in a Cadillac Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
A Conversation in a Cadillac Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
A Conversation in a Cadillac Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
A Conversation in a Cadillac Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
A Conversation in a Cadillac Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
A Conversation in a Cadillac Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

A Conversation in a Cadillac

Go down

A Conversation in a Cadillac Empty A Conversation in a Cadillac

Post by Shay UA Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:48 pm

The camera comes in to the speaker of the house: Representative Hoxton sitting in a black cadillac. Across from him is a federal agent acting as security. Shay is looking out of the window, lost in his own thoughts. Hating awkward silence, the agent speaks up.

A lot on your mind, Mr. Hoxton?

This breaks Shay’s train of thought. He looks over at the man.

Hmm? Ah, yes, I suppose you could say that.

Another silent pause.

Ah… oh, oh I get it, you must be disappointed about losing the Undisputed Championship. Hey man, I get it, trust me I do, but don’t worry! You’re one of the best wrestlers in the world today, plus you have the Cabinet by your side! I’m sure you could get a rematch as soon as Absolution.

A few seconds of silence pass once more. The agent’s enthusiasm slowly transitions into him awkwardly shuffling in his seat.

It isn’t that. You are right though, unlike the last two Undisputed Champions - Spade and Proudfoot - who had to start over when they lost, I actually negotiated a rematch clause into my contract. By law, I am allowed a rematch as soon as last Supremacy and as late as Purgatory: a two month time limit. I’ve already sent an email to the anonymous Supremacy General Manager, I’ve cashed in my rematch for Absolution.

This brightens up the agent.

That’s great news, so we’ll be getting Thompson vs. Hoxton: the finale!

No.

Another pause.

It’s time I pay one of my debts.

Have you ever wondered why I never let Xander Slate into the Cabinet? He is, well, was a close friend, theoretically he’d be my right hand man.

But it isn’t that simple. With the Cabinet, I require complete loyalty. Should even a single member betray me, they could ruin months worth of planning. The only reason Slate would help me is because we were friends, which as I predicted, is a worthless and fickle thing to him. The three men who stand by my side: Jason Spade, Jordan Nicholson, and Cameron Kray, they are not my friends. Rather, I have offered them rewards for helping me, rewards so great that they would never betray me.

For Jordan, I promised him safety. He has recently married May Felix, or May Nicholson now I suppose. The two of them may be very comfortable financially now, but they play a dangerous game. At any moment, they could fall to the undercard with a string of bad luck, they could be injured, they could be forced into retirement. At any point their income could collapse, and if they’re severely hurt, they couldn’t even get a normal job. I know the two want children one day, but if a single series of unfortunate events occur, they would be royally screwed. That’s why I promised Jordan financial security for the rest of his life. I didn’t promise him riches or anything, but he’ll never have to fear that he can’t pay the bills ever in his entire life.

Funny enough, I targeted him months ago, even before I fought Hunter Quinn. If you remember back to Validation when I invaded Crossfire, I stood by the sides of Project 315, scouting his abilities up close. It was unfortunate that Quinn would become my next challenger, and I do feel bad about ending such a close friendship, but I couldn’t risk a conflict of interest.

For Kray, his home country of England has been hurting a lot recently, and it’s brought hard times onto him and his family. I promised him prosperity, giving him my word that I would do everything in my power to pass pro-England laws and try to help them out of the hole they’ve dug.

For Spade, my promise to him is two fold, since we hate each other I really needed to butter the pot. First, I promised to help stop a ghost from his past, change a system in America that’s weighed heavily on his soul since childhood.

Second, I promised to give him an opportunity at the Undisputed Championship. I never said I’d lay down, or guarantee him the title, but I promised him an opportunity. Originally this was at Showdown at the Senate, but then Quinn came out of nowhere. Then I had to deal with Ace Reeves, Brett Angel, and TZ Mass. Then Pierre came out of nowhere and beat me, so I can’t fight Spade anymore. He was obviously pissed off, which is why he was so angry during our meeting after Fortune, but I can’t lose Spade or kill my credibility among Jordan and Kray.

That’s why I won’t be fighting Pierre Thompson at Absolution. I’m giving my rematch to Jason Spade, and he will fight Pierre in my place. Theoretically I could beat Pierre, then fight Spade, but if I lose I’d be screwed. This rematch is my last guaranteed title match, and considering how much I need the Cabinet to accomplish my dream, I can’t take that risk.

Your dream?

Shay nods.

Yes, everything I’ve done from Ascendance 8 to now have all been for a dream of mine. Becoming a Senator, fighting for the Undisputed Championship, forming the Cabinet, all for my dream.

Years ago, I made a mistake. No, I didn’t leave the oven on or microwave a fork, I made a mistake so great that it’s chained me down ever since. A small voice is in my mind every time I do something right, whispering into the deepest part of my mind, ‘remember this?’. It’s grating, it’s exhausting, and I want it to stop. That’s why I’ll stop at nothing to achieve my dream: to right the wrongs of my past.

The agent nods and places a hand on Shay’s shoulder.

I understand. It sucks that you won’t get a shot at the Undisputed Championship for a while, but I know you’ll be able to get it again soon enough!

Shay breaks eye contact and looks out the window again.

What’s the matter?

I’m the Speaker of the House of Representatives. My time was spread thin as a Senator, but I still was a wrestler just fine. Now though, I’m already feeling the struggle of balancing my duties as a politician and a wrestler. I wasn’t able to fight on Supremacy last week and I doubt I can make it next week. If my duties continue to expand then… I’m not quite sure how I’ll be able to continue in CMV.

Another silent pause hits as the agent takes his hand off of Shay.

When I really think about it… my rematch at Absolution could be my last title match ever, not just in CMV, but in my wrestling career as a whole, and I’m giving it to my greatest enemy. It’s kind of funny when you think about it.

But it’s weird even contemplating it. I knew that this could have happened when I became a Senator, and I accepted the possibility that my career could end, but it felt so far off then. Now that I’m nearing the horizon though, it feels… off… I’ve been doing this for so long, I barely remember a time before I was a wrestler. This is a huge change in my life, and it’s hitting me hard.

I know I could stop at any time. I could resign from my position and return full time to wrestling, but then I could never achieve my dream. In a way, I’m forced to choose between my life and my sanity, and I don’t know what to do.

Whatever I do choose though, I’ll know it’ll be the right choice, because I’m Representative Shay Hoxton, and I’m great.

Right now, my number one priority is Xander Slate. He lost at Fortune, but to Kray and Spade. I know he won’t be satisfied, so he’ll be back for his revenge. I need to take him out and I need to do so fast. My gloves are coming off, literally.

Literally?

Literally. I wrestle in gloves to both protect myself and my opponent from serious injury. I’m literally taking my gloves off because right now, I don’t really care about either. My career may soon end, and I need to eliminate Slate in one fell swoop, so I’m throwing caution to the wind and maximizing my damage potential. My time is limited and I can’t waste any more. After Absolution is Purgatory, then Homecoming, then Ascendance IX. I need to finish preparation by Homecoming or my dream will never come true.

Xander Slate was a friend, but he has never been more than an untamed mutt. He’s a snake, a slimy rat, and it’s time for me to put him down once and for all at Absolution!

The car stops. Shay has arrived at the US Capitol Hall.

Ah, looks like this is my stop. I will say, it was nice getting everything off my chest. I’m a very fortunate man to have been paired with you today, although…

I do recommend you keep this conversation to yourself, or else you’ll have a very unfortunate day very soon. That’s not a bet, it’s a guarantee.

With that, Representative Hoxton exits the Cadillac and makes his way to the capitol. The scene fades to black.

Shay Hoxton | That's Not a Bet, It's a Guarantee |1x Undisputed Champion - 1x Anarchy Champion - 3x International Champion - 2x Unified Tag Team Champion (current) - 47th President of the United States of America | Michael Hawk | Scottrisha TuTorial | Cinderelle | 1x Undisputed Champion - 1x Internet Champion - 1x Pure Champion | Danger Cat | 1x World Tag Team Champion - 1x International Champion - 1x Internet Champion | The Ozekai |1x Internet Champion | Janet Torre | Cleaning Up the Women's Division | 2x Women's World Champion - 1x Women's Tag Team Champion - 1x Women's Hardcore Champion | Second Ever Triple Threat Champion | First Ever Woman to Hold Every Title in the Division at Once | Mystery Mask III | Spin Spin Spin Win Win Win | 2x Zero G Champion - 2x Internet Champion

Breakout Star of the Year 2018 - Promo of the Year 2019
Shay UA
Shay UA
Rising Star
Rising Star

Humor : Dark

Back to top Go down