Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 Empty Re: "1 Shot" Leona || The Journey

Post by Miztacular Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:01 pm

I'd watch this show on a weekly basis
Miztacular
Miztacular
Admin
Admin

Humor : Making Sons uncomfortable

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:48 pm

LEONA: So let's have a chat, shall we?

Jules... whoops! I'm sorry, Juliette, let's talk about your interview the other day. It's been a while, and you're gonna have to forgive me for going off of memory, but I think I was able to get the gist of it.

You're angry.

Pissed off as all hell that I left Sirona Bay and had the balls to come back.

But you're jealous, too.

I see that now.

I see in the way you're working so tirelessly to erase my legacy and all those who came before.

I was tired of being a big fish in a small pond, and I went to CMV to make a splash in uncharted waters. For better or worst I left a mark there. That's all in the past, for now.

You, my dear, sweet Jules weren't as willing to take that kind of risk. You weren't ready to gamble with your life with nothing but your talent in the ring that you could be somebody outside of this city.

So you're mad at me because you were -- you are -- the coward.

I see that now.

Funny how that works, huh?

As far as I'm concerned, you're free to feel how you do. Hate me, despise me, trash my career and drag my name through the mud all you wannt. I'm not perfect, and I've made some mistakes along the way. But I'm tired of explaining my actions, and I'm done defending myself.

I don't doubt that you're good at what you do. I may even come to learn that you're great. I lasted as long as I did in CMV for a reason, and you'll come to find that I'm better. Think of it this way: when I take that title from you, you'll finally be justified in your resentment for me.

When we get into that ring next week, and when that title is on the line, Jules, I'm going to show you why me leaving Sirona Bay was the best thing to ever happen to your career.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:29 pm

There's so much going on that it takes a while for it all to sink in. Lying on ground outside the ring is the first referee, on the other side the two makes women in orange are helping each other get to their feet. In the center of the ring lie Leona and Frost hurting from their match and from that surprise attack from a familiar face.

And there at the top of the ramp stands the culprit: Tailcoat Val, the CMV hopeful who never quite panned out. She has a look of satisfaction on her face taking in the scene in front of her, like one might admire a painting, committing it to memory so that she can call on it as she desires.

The reception is mixed. There are the expected cheers of familiarity, but those are weighed down by the boos in response to Val's interference resulting in a disqualification and retention for Miss Frost. Val places a hand on her hips while the other brings the microphone closer to her mouth.

VAL: I'm not the most religious person in the world, but there just has to be some kind of divine entity at work. There's just no other reason I could rack my brain for that explains how I could be so lucky to have my two least favorite women under the same roof at the same time.

She chuckles, running her fingers through her hair as she does so, truly savoring every delicious second.

VAL: I haven't been feeling blessed by the wrestling gods for quite some time. A lot of you all remember that I tried to strike gold in the big leagues. I went to Ferocity because deep down inside I was trying to do there, what I'd never be able to do here: become a star.

It's taxing to be a background player all the time, constantly working only to be told you aren't good enough. To be trapped between two eras of domination, one right after the other, is suffocating. Leona and the "Four Pillars" played hot potato with the championship, then as soon as you're all gone, here comes Juliette Frost and her lackeys to put this company in a stranglehold.

You know what brought me down the most? It's that I saw the light. I saw a future for myself. In one promo, I had the fans in the palm of my hand. In one match, I let everyone in the locker room know that I was the baddest bitch to step foot in that ring. One is all I got because I aggravated an old nagging injury and put me on the sidelines.

Just like that... all the hype, all the buzz, all the momentum and all my confidence...gone, and I couldn't bring myself...I couldn't trust my body to go for round two.

There's a fire in her eyes as she speaks that contrasts with her wavering voice. Frost and Leona have recovered inside of the ring, and they listen to what Val has to say...while remaining at arms' length from each other.

VAL: I just kind of floated, you know? A match here and there when the bills started to pile up, but I would be lying if I said I loved wrestling. Then there came word of major news out of Sirona Bay, the return of the prodigal daughter. Then I found my purpose.

Tonight was the warning shot ladies. I will not rest until that championship is mine, because that means it won't be yours. Then for the first time, in a long time, this company will be able to breathe once your dynasties are dead and buried.

She says it with an easy viciousness. Punctuating her words with a confidence that strengthened the clearer her motives he came. Val waves goodbye to Frost, to Leona, then motions around her waist that the belt will be hers soon.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:13 am

After the chaotic ending to her title match for the Sirona Bay Championship, "1 Shot" Leona plops down onto a chair with a sigh. Muttering to herself, she undoes the laces on her boots then starts peeling off her gloves. She touches the side of her face, looking for boot prints that may have been left by the orange-clad women who blindsided her and left her for dead. Soon, she falls into a silence, meditating, trying to find a place of peace to collect her thoughts.

A voice calls out, and snaps her out of her trance. She looks angry, ready to fight and to put the intruder in her place. Once she opens her eyes and sizes up the woman, she relaxes and even allows a warm smile to cross her face.

LEONA: You gotta be careful sneaking up of people like that; I still got some fight left in me.

The woman smirks.

LUCIE: Good thing I'm always in a fighting mood then, huh?

LEONA: Izzy, it's been too damn long.

Leona gets up hugs Izzy, wrapping her arms around the slightly taller woman.

LUCIE: Careful, I don't just let anyone call me that these days.

LEONA: Luckily I'm not just anyone.

LUCIE: I'm not so sure about that with how "great" you've been at keeping in touch all these years.

LEONA: Girl, shit just got so crazy the moment I left. The matches, the rivalries, I think I met someone, I cut my hair, it's all been a blur. But it's good to finally see a friendly place around here.

LUCIE: You're telling me? Dios mio, I can't speak for the outside world, but everything got fucked when the last of the four pillars went off to CMV. These girls saw a void at the top, and they lost their damn minds tryna take that spot. Check it out: you met those two bitches tonight, right?

LEONA: Two? There were four out there last I counted. I'll give the ref a pass.

She chuckles softly and returns to her seat on the lockerroom bench. Izzy sits next to her soon after.

LUCIE: Miss Frost over there is a whole 'nother story, and old girl Val has always had that chip on her shoulder.

LEONA: Which leaves the oranges.

LUCIE: I'll give you two guesses what they call themselves.

LEONA: Twin Peaks.

LUCIE: Nu-uh.

LEONA: Sorority....something or other.

LUCIE: Not even close. You won't believe this: H.O.L.A.

Leona laughs incredulously.

LEONA: You're kidding.

LUCIE: If it wasn't at our expense, I'd almost think it was cute.

LEONA: Well I don't need two guess to figure out where the hate for me came from. How did you get dragged into this?

LUCIE: You already know how much they can't stand how tight we are. Always watching each other's backs cause they wouldn't miss the first chance to cut you down. While everyone was dragging your name through the mud for leaving, you know your girl was there to put them in their places. Some of them needed a little more convincing than others, if you catch my drift.

LEONA: So you're saying they're gonna be a problem.

LUCIE: I'm saying that what they did to you tonight was a warning shot.

LEONA: And if I don't wanna heed?

LUCIE: Good luck with that, Chica. Why do you think Frost has been champion for so long, huh? It's because those two puntas are her hired lapdogs, and no one in this company can get theirs heads outta their asses long enough to see that we gotta come together long enough to end that reign of terror.

LEONA: I can't imagine you were twiddling your thumbs while all of this was going down.

LUCIE: Trust me, Lee, I was coming at the left, right, front, center, sideways, diagonally...you know how I can get, I'm more than willing to put my life in danger if I believe in something strongly enough. And there's nothing I believed in more than thinking Frost had to be put down no matter the cost. Of course just when I finally had Frost where I wanted her, she had her goons take me out. Seven months I waited to get my hands on them. Even missed your homecoming party.

LEONA: So you're thinking what I'm thinking?

LUCIE: The timing couldn'ta been more perfect for you to come back; I'm ready to get things done together just like the old times. There's some trash that needs to get thrown into the bay. The boss lady owes me a favor considering my championship match played out just like yours, and I'm thinking it's time to cash it in. We'll only have one shot at this, though.

LEONA: That's all I need.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:56 pm

At a small meet and greet following an action-packed night of Sirona Bay Wrestling, "1 Shot" Leona and Isabella E. are having enthusiastic conversations with wide-eyed fans happy to be able to experience such a moment with women they look up to. A little girl is next in line, and places a picture on the table of Leona in her 'bounty hunter' phase, with a feather boa wrapped around her neck.

LEONA: This certainly brings back memories.

LUCIE: Huh. Taking trophies from your victims, eh? Wonder where you got that brilliant idea.

LEONA:What can I say, great minds...steal each other's ideas.

LUCIE: Shame it couldn't live up to the original.

LEONA: Says you; it was a big hit back in the day.

LUCIE: Dios, Lee, "back in the day"? You sound like you're about to retire.

LEONA: It all just seems like a lifetime ago.

LUCIE: But you do plan on going back, right? I know my girl isn't about to go out like that.

LEONA: Who knows? Maybe in the next li--

Her sentence is cut short courtesy of the women in orange, though they're in street clothes time time around. Brandishing weapons like a steel pipe and thick chunk of wood respectively, means that Leona and LUCIE immediately lost the fight they didn't know they were in.

They lie on the ground, sisters in agony, groaning as shockwaves of pain reverberate up and down their bodies, punctuated by a series of stomps and threatening words sharp enough to slice through the screaming crowd. They only stop when the Sirona Bay Champion herself walks up and admires the handiwork of her hired 'help.'

Wordlessly, (because what else can be said that isn't being screamed from the rooftops by this picture), Juliette Frost smirks. As she walks away, Frost makes sure to tip over the merchandise table--the salt in this gaping wound.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:37 pm

The footage posted on the Sirona Bay Wrestling youtube channel replays what happened after a small show when "1 Shot" Leona and LUCIE confront the showrunner in the parking lot. She salt-and-pepper-haired, alert, woman sighs before dropping her cigarette to the floor and putting it out with her heel of her shoes.

LEONA: Well if it isn't Lady DeVeaux, the woman who runs Sirona Bay Wrestling with an iron fist! Except, and correct me if I'm wrong, Izzy, but it's been two times now that I've been blindsided by 'HOLA' as they like to call themselves.

LUCIE: Times that number by five or so for me, and might start getting the idea of why we're a little pissed off.

LEONA: What happened here? There was a time when you would never let someone like Frost run wild, but she's out here getting away with murder.

DeVeaux's head snaps around so that she's facing Leona, an expression on her face that's a cross between hurt and angry.

DE:VEAUX You don't get to ask me that, Leona. Not after you left. And I don't blame you; I don't resent you. But you need to understand that I had to make sacrifices...concessions that you're right, once upon a time I never would. Fact is, these are the times that we're living in.

LEONA: I can't believe what I'm hearing right now.

Leona throws up her arms in...disbelief.

DE:VEAUX I can, because it's the same-ol' bullshit I've been hearing for months, and that's not counting the time I spent on the sidelines when those puntas tried to end my career.

DE:VEAUX Isabella, you're right.

LUCIE: You don't get to call me that.

LEONA: What's she's trying to say is that we don't like what's been going on around here, and we'd love to be part of the solution.

LUCIE: The problem is that with the way I'm feeling right now, if we went about things my way, they'd lock us up.

LEONA: We want blood. We want those two as the next pay per view special, and we are not taking no for an answer.

A long silence passes between the three women, so quiet in fact that you can almost hear the gears turning in DeVeaux's head. She runs a finger through her hair, trying to remain diplomatic in all of this.

DE:VEAUX So what you're saying is that you want a sanctioned tag team match against HOLA? A match in which there has been so much bad blood, that the stakes need to be a little higher.

LUCIE: Now you're speaking my language.

DE:VEAUX How long did they put you out with that injury, LUCIE? Seven months?

LUCIE: Six months, two weeks, five days.

DE:VEAUX Well, I was rounding up, of course. What I'm proposing is that you get a chance to get get even, within reason. So how about if you two win, HOLA is banned from all Sirona Bay Wrestling events for seven weeks? That's more than enough time for, say, the title picture to be shaken up a bit, no?

LEONA: What's the catch?

DE:VEAUX It's only fair that they have some incentive to want to wrestle you. And if they win, they for as long as Juliette Frost holds than championship, neither of you will be able to challenge for it.

LUCIE: Deal.

LUCIE walks off without further recurrences, happy to finally get her license to hunt. Leona begins to follow her, then stops to address DeVeaux once more who's currently lighting a new cigarette.

DE:VEAUX

DE:VEAUX Little Leona coming back to save the day, just like old times.

LEONA: I got my nickname from moments like this. Consider HOLA as good as gone.

Leona walks away and DeVeaux takes a long pull from the cigarette, her worries and doubts not dissipating as quickly or easily as the cloud of smoke she exhales.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:17 am

An unsettling silence falls over the crowd as they watch as the two women in orange lie on top of each other, the erratic rising and falling of their chests being the only indication that they're even alive.

It's a stark contrast to the way things were a minute before.

A minute before, this passionate crowd was all on their feet cheering, completely overjoyed that the victory of the reunited 'Wardens of the Bay' meant almost two months, per the stipulation of the match, without 'HOLA' running roughshod on Sirona Bay in the name of World Champion Juliette Frost.

Leona and LUCIE stand side by side, looking down at their handiwork, no smiles on their faces, no indication that they're proud of what they've done--only the feeling that they did what had to be done.

LUCIE places a hand on Leona's shoulder, bringing her sister back to reality then together they make their way around the ring toward the ramp. By the time they make it to the stag area, Lady DeVeaux, the showrunner, is waiting while medical personnel stream by on either side of her. She's standing there, furious, arms crossed, lips pressed into a thin line, showing an incredible display of willpower to not deal with this publicly.

LUCIE walks by intentionally brushing shoulders with DeVeaux while Leona pauses to make eye-contact with her boss. Despite everything they've endured in that match, it seems the worst is yet to come.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:59 am

DEVEAUX: So who wants to be brave and tell me what the fuck that was about?

Sirona Bay Wrestling's showrunner is consumed by such a raw, unadulterated fury, that she can't even manage to sit. Instead, Lady DeVeaux stands there with her arms crossed, a piercing, intimidating glare set on both Leona and LUCIE.

DEVEAUX: No takers, huh? Well that's fine. I'll gladly do the talking. What you two pulled was out of line, the stipulation of the match was more than enough to deal with HOLA.

LUCIE: A few weeks paid vacation in response to years of what this company has been through? That stipulation was a slap on the wrist.

DEVEAUX: It doesn't matter what you think. What matters is that I run things here. I makes the rules. And I always see to it that those rules are followed to the letter

LUCIE: And did they get chewed out like we are? No, right? Cause them and Frost were far too valuable to the company to risk upsetting.

DEVEAUX: You are out of line. Frost is on thin ice, and she knows it.

LUCIE: How many times have you patched up the cracks in that ice to keep her from falling through?

DEVEAUX: Enough!

LUCIE: The company's golden girl who can do no wrong despite the bodies she's left in her wake. How many more people will she have to take out before you wake up and see that she's no good for this place?

DEVEAUX: Despite everything she may or may not have done, it's nothing compared to what you both did to those two women. The doctor's are talking about emergency. The early prognosis is that it'll be weeks before they get feeling back in their extremities much less walk again.

LEONA: Maybe you're right and we took things a little too far, but I've been back less than a year and I could already see how oppressive things have been in the locker room. Their are women dying for a sliver of a chance to make something of themselves, but Frost has such a strangle hold over everything that their cries go unheard.

DEVEAUX: And you've been gone a lot longer than that, so maybe you forgot while you were playing big-time wrestler, but we do not condone vigilantism here. Just because you think one or two women haven't gotten their fair shake--

LEONA: It's a lot more than one or two, and you know it.

DEVEAUX: --does not mean you and your sidekick can go out and play hero as you see fit. All bad blood is handled inside of the ring between the bells, not before and certainly not after.

LUCIE: So that's it? We're the bad guys because we finally decided to do something about that reign of tyranny while you twiddle your thumbs?

DEVEAUX: Excuse me? I've given girl and girl here a shot at Juliette Frost, each one knew what she was about, they all knew exactly what she would try to pull, yet not one of them wizened up to do something about it. There's such a undercurrent of selfishness, of women only being concerned about their own cries not being answered that they watch as their collegues get knocked down one by one not even caring if they end up being the next domino to fall.

No matter how I may feel about Frost and her antics, I gave people more than enough opportunities to defeat her for that championship. I had high hopes that you two would join forces long enough to get HOLA out of the picture for the foreseeable future, but then you crossed a line, and I just can't ignore that.

It was going to be a Fatal 4 Way match with that championship on the line, featuring three women who had a legitimate claim for a title match. Tailcoat Val is finally invoking her rematch clause; Isabella, you never made it to the title match because of HOLA; and Leona, your championship match never came to a proper conclusion. But now it's going to be a triple threat, and you two are going to have a match to determine who will fill that final slot.

LUCIE: That's bullshit, and you know it.

DEVEAUX: And what exactly are you going to do about it? If you want to forfeit your spot, speak now.

LUCIE screams out in frustration before turning on her heels and exiting the room.

DEVEAUX: And you, Leona? Any issues with my decision?

For a long time, their gazes are locked onto the other's. And even though her response is written on her face, the equivalent of a billboard in its subtlely, Leona says nothing more. With one last look back at DeVeaux, she goes to look for LUCIE.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:50 am

Leona and LUCIE are taking a breather in the locker room after taking part in a Sirona Bay Wrestling mini event. Leona is sitting on a bench sipping on a coffee while LUCIE paces back and forth.

LUCIE: So what's the lovely lady getting at? She trying to drive a wedge between us or something?

Leona takes another drink from her cup.

LEONA: Maybe.

LUCIE: You don't get it, Lee. You've only had to deal with this for a month of two. Imagine years of this. Years of playing second fiddle, of being made to feel like you aren't good enough because the darling has everyone wrapped around her little finger.

LEONA: I've dealt with it plenty. Different names and places; that's all it is.

LUCIE: You were just a guest in CMV; this is your home, and I know it's eating away at you to see what Sirona Bay is becoming...and what it already is.

You know something, though? I don't regret what I did one bit. I just hate that we're the bad guys for finally showing Miss Frost that there's gonna be hell to pay for everything she's done.

Leona closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath.

LEONA: Lady DeVeaux just wanted to do things by the book. We made the mess and now she has to clean it up.

LUCIE: Good. No, great. Fuck her if she doesn't want to see that we did her a favor. Doing things by the book is what brought us to this point in the first place. Frost got to where she was by manipulating the system until she was practically invincible.

LEONA: And now we've shown that she can bleed.

A wicked smile plays on LUCIE's lips.

LUCIE: Yeah...I bet she's scared now. In just a little over a month, her title reign is gonna come to a satisfying end.

LEONA: She won't go down easily.

LUCIE: The more she kicks and screams on the way down, the more it'll be.

LEONA: Plus Val will be in the match too--another body to keep track of.

LUCIE: Oh, I've fought her enough times to know her like the back of my hand. She won't be a problem, trust me.

LEONA: Assuming you make it to the match, of course.

LUCIE: Of course.

LUCIE turns around to face Leona, still smiling.

LUCIE: Though, if my math is correct, I'm leading in the all-time series between us, aren't I?

LEONA: Things were different back then, Izzie.

LUCIE: True...I've learned a lot more since then.

LEONA: Probably from watching me.

LUCIE: You'll just have to wait and see, won't you?

LEONA: I think we should make it a little more interesting. Lady DeVeaux thinks she's punishing us by having us wrestle each other, so let's go out there and steal the show while we're at it. How does two outta three falls sound?

LUCIE: Sounds like I'll be going for the clean two-oh sweep.

LEONA: The usual bet?

LUCIE: Loser does the other's laundry for a week? I have a new favorite detergent, by the way.

LEONA: That's nice; make sure you have enough.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:03 am

Old Rivalry Breathes New Life into Sirona Bay
By: Julio Guerrero

This match isn't big enough for the both of them.

Next week, "1 Shot" Leona and "La Última Cazadora" [The Last Huntress] Isabella Endulza, or LUCIE, will battle in a first to two falls clash to determine who will take the final spot in next month's triple threat Sirona Bay Championship match.

"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 NbxNz2U
Show this picture to a Sirona Bay Wrestling fan five years ago, and it would  make their heads explode.
(Photo courtesy Sirona Bay Wrestling)

The bout, already featuring returning antihero Tailcoat Val and, of course, the Sirona Bay Champion Juliette Frost in the midst of her record-setting reign, was originally scheduled to be a fatal four way. However, just as all the marketing materials say, things are subject to change.

Leona and LUCIE viciously attacked twin sisters Lily and Greta who comprised HOLA--simultaneously mocking HALO, Leona's old stable, and LUCIE's Hispanic heritage-- sidelining them for the foreseeable future. While long-time Sirona Bay fans felt justice was served, as HOLA tormented the company for years working as the right and left hands of Frost, Sirona Bay showrunner Lady DeVeaux likened Leona and LUCIE's "reprehensible methods" to vigilantism fearing that their beatdown would set an unwanted precedent.

"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 BF2NVFv
Spoiler alert: This hurt.

As punishment, the Wardens of Sirona Bay find the revival of their tag team short-lived now that they've been pitted to fight for that remaining spot. This effectively reignites the rivalry that set them on the path to becoming best friends.

A tandem born of a mutual respect, at least once the dust settled, this duo set the bar for what women's wrestling should and could be. Then they raised it in subsequent encounters until the Sirona Bay Wrestling crowd were guaranteed classic matches every time Leona and LUCIE wrestled.

In the beginning, there were three.

Casey J. Havret; Leona Aldridge; Keiko Yokana; These were the women, who upon Sirona Bay Wrestling's inception, distanced themselves from their peers as exceptionally talented wrestlers. They shone at a time when the company desperately needed that light for guidance during its growing pains. Through the efforts of these women, endearingly dubbed the "Three Pillars" by fans, Sirona Bay Wrestling was able to gain traction and soon establish itself as a powerhouse and a mainstay in the community once it eventually outlived its competition. The buzz the company generated exponentially increased after every show and inevitably made it one of the more attractive destinations for some of the most promising prospects in women's wrestling.

"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 J3irccv
Even with a name change, Havret brought her unique energy to CMV, charming the hearts of its fanbase.
(Photo courtesy CMV Wrestling)

One of those free agents was Sweet Izzie, a firecracker who seemed to invent new, gravity-defying, jaw-dropping moves on the fly. She was at the time, and arguably still today, an unrivaled athlete even by her male counterparts. She flipped and twisted with ease, at times gracefully soaring through the sky as though she had wings. Her immediate impact led to her being called the unofficial Fourth Pillar, though the subject can often be a point of contention for the company's passionate fanbase. If Sirona Bay Wrestling was on the cusp of breaking through before she was hired, it was the spectacle of watching a young LUCIE wrestle that provided the gunpowder for Sirona Bay Wrestling's eventual explosion in prominence.

The strife between LUCIE and Leona is what lit the match.

It began as a simple miscommunication--Leona genuinely wanting to welcome LUCIE into the company and having her intentions misconstrued as a wily vet’s mindgames. Heated words, fueled by pride and incorrigible competitive spirits, led to ferocious blows that birthed one of the hottest rivalries in Sirona Bay Wrestling's history. The company had seen grudge matches before, sure, but never anything on a level like that. Each match was bloody and brutal, and almost every single one came with the guarantee that either one or both of them would wind up in the hospital. They fought until simply inhaling a breath became a game of Russian roulette where they could either get that sweet air or be incapacitated by stabbing coughing fits.

It all came to a head in their final, and arguably most memorable encounter to date: a steel cage match. For thirty minutes they pushed themselves to their very limits, exhausting every energy reserve, their pain threshold fading in their rearview mirrors. It was a 450 splash off the top of the cage by LUCIE that put Leona away once and for fall emphatically snapping the book of their rivalry shut.

"1 Shot" Leona || The Journey - Page 2 IusklbH
Yokana left a mark on the company that has endured since her passing. Night after night she put fear in the hearts of her foes with her devastating strikes; the most infamous of which, a rolling savate, was later adopted by Havret when she left the company.

From the ashes of their war, their friendship was born. Who else could they trust to watch their back than someone who never shied away from bringing trouble right to their doorstep? The Wardens of Sirona Bay formed ushering a turn in their careers when Leona and Izzie became "1 Shot" and "La Última Cazadora" respectively. It was a successful partnership that lasted until Leona left with Havret to form HALO in CMV. It still remains unclear why LUCIE chose to stay behind.

Whatever her reasoning, she held down the fort on her own, the last of the Four Pillars. Unfortunately, she received criticism for losing a step in Leona's absence, and many of Sirona Bay Wrestling's faithful blame LUCIE's apathy for the tyrannical rise of the viciously ambitious Juliette Frost.

The rest is history.

Though there’s a caveat. In all her years in the company, LUCIE still hasn't captured Sirona Bay Wrestling's grandest prize, while Leona has done so on three separate occasions. If she could dig down deep and tap into the Sweet Izzie of old, this could be one of the best chances she’s had in these years to win the title now that Frost is vulnerable with HOLA out of the picture. However, Leona is also looking to turn back the hands of time after her failed stint in CMV; a title win would prove to everyone, especially herself, that she still has it.

They both have so much to prove; but only one can win. If nothing else, hopefully their friendship means that this time around they can skip the hospital stay.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon May 07, 2018 3:46 pm

The crowd hasn't sat down for what felt like the majority of the match, and now that it's over they're already got half of the standing ovation down, so they get right to clapping and cheering as loudly as they can. From bell to bell, these two warriors tore into each other in a way that only friends can, showing the newer Sirona Bay Wrestling fans, and reminding the older ones, why their rivalry was a watershed moment, if not era, in the company's history--with a little help from Juliette Frost and Tailcoat Val via their interference.

Leona and LUCIE lay there on the mat, exhausted and spent, hurting and bruised. Leona is finally able to peel herself off the mat so that the referee can raise her arm into the air, while she uses her other over to hug her stomach. She looks down at LUCIE, once a bitter rival, now her closest friend then helps her up to their feet.

For a second it looks like the bad blood and tension has returned as they simply stare each other down. The roaring crowd makes it difficult to pick up exactly what they're saying to each other, even in such a small venue. LUCIE can just barely be heard saying, "You better make sure that bitch doesn't leave with that title," before pulling Leona in for the hug.

They stand like that for a while, both out of compassion and respect for each other but also as a way to literally hold each other up in their fatigued state. They help each other out of the ring, then make the walk to the back together.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2