Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter

Go down

Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter Empty Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter

Post by krzy Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:37 am

The scene that we’re brought into on the CMV.com exclusive video looks vaguely familiar. The bar counter, the tables, the booths...this is the same place Xander Slate and 10|EL had their infamous brawl!

The place doesn’t seem to have recovered properly, completely empty as debris still litters the floor. The cameraman walks through the garbage until he gets to a flight of stairs that takes him to a balcony overlooking this mess.

The only other person seemingly in this dump is a man angrily yelling into his cellphone.

“Hey assholes! Yeah, it’s me again, Dulé Zaire in the flesh. Yeah the same guy from yesterday, the day before that and the weeks before that!

Now, Is this tweedledee or tweedledum that I have the pleasure of speaking with today?

No! You listen to me! I’m sick and tired of running through hoops, jumping through hoops, hula hooping and all the bullshit that you’ve been putting me through since men from YOUR company waltzed into my place of business and trashed the place.

I wish they burned this godforsaken building down because at least then I could have collected some insurance and moved on with my day! Instead I’m stuck with a bar that the city won’t let me operate until I get repairs in order but I can’t afford any repairs cause I CAN’T RUN MY GODDAMN BAR! DO YOU SEE HOW THAT WOULD BE A PROBLEM?”

Zaire takes a deep breath calming himself before continuing.

“Yeah, I know that CMV sent a check, but that wasn’t even enough to cover fixing my front door. Do you know how bad the situation has gotten? I’m nearing the point where I’m considering suing, but I know that if uncle sam goes digging a little too deep then I’M the one who’s going to have to answer questions I don’t wanna answer. I’m in a bit of a bind here and I need your company to stop playing me for a loop and help me help myself.

Go ahead, I’m listening.

Hah! Don’t make me laugh! You’re kidding right? You want me, a businessman, to strip down into my draws and wrestle? I left the business years ago to settle down while I still have my youthful good looks and now you’re telling this fucking hot son of a bitch, who’s drinking what beer he has left, to lace up a pair of boots and get back into that ring? I don’t think so, pal. If you wanna…

How much will I get paid?”

Zaire turns to the cameraman and smiles.

“Forget collecting video footage for the insurance claim, Teddy; I gotta start packing ASAP.”

Last edited by Zeb on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter Empty Re: Dulé Zaire || No Laughing Matter

Post by krzy Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:53 am

As episode two of NGW rolls on, general manager Ken Donahue walks into his office to see Dulé Zaire waiting for him.

{Donahue}
Mr. Zaire! What an...unexpected surprise. Is there something I could help you with?

{Zaire}
Help me?! HAH! The time when I coulda used some goddamned help has come and gone, my friend! But I appreciate your concern. I was hounding this company for MONTHS after two of its finest: 10|EL and Xander whatshisface completely destroyed my bar, and the best I ever got was a big fucking hot load of nothing.

{Donahue}
I'm sorry, Dulé, and I wish there was something I could do to...

{Zaire}
Ah, cut the crap, what the hell are you apologizing for? Sure, I'm pissed, but it's directed to the monkeys with conveniently empty wallets when it's time for them to pay for what they owe. Now I'm not a man who normally believes in this kind of thing, but I gotta think this whole situation is some sorta karma for the way my bar was run and the things that went on in there, and I'm not about to poke the bear on this one.

If these paychecks I'm getting from being in CMV is what it takes to get my business up and running again, then so be it. And the moment it is back, best believe that I'm not hanging around here any longer than I need to. Which is why I wanted to thank you, boss.

The GM uncomfortably shifts his weight.

{Donahue}
Thank me?

{Zaire}
Yeah. Look, between you and me, I know how hard it can be to keep a company with so many moving parts running smoothly, and the cruel truth of this world that we live in is that it's impossible to keep everyone happy. If it makes you feel better, I'm better than happy. These past two weeks I've been getting paid to look good and relax while everyone else risks life and limb in the ring, and that's something I wouldn't mind seeing continue.

{Donahue}
It's nothing personal, and next week I'll be sure to...

{Zaire}
Hah! Don't me laugh! You don't have to do a damn thing. Like I said, I could get used to this. I get all the perks of being back in this godforsaken business with none of the risks! Now, if that ain't livin' life then I don't know what is.

{Donahue}
But Dulé, we do things a little different here in CMV where the winners of each match get a bonus and they...

{Zaire}
I'm gonna stop you right there. What kind of bonus are we talking about?

Ken leans forward and whispers the number in Zaire's ear and his face lights up.

{Donahue}
And it's even more for pay per views...

{Zaire}
Are you kidding me? I coulda won this week and last week and that bonus woulda shaved at least one week off of my bar's repair time. Next week I want the entire roster in one match and I'll laugh my way to the bank to cash that fucking hot check.

{Donahue}
That's not how it wo...

{Zaire}
Nice chat, boss, keep doin' what you're doin'.

Dulé pats the GM on the back before leaving the office, his booming laugh echoing throughout the hallway.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:12 pm

As episode three of NGW rolls on, the cameras cut backstage where Dulé Zaire is in the middle of arguing with somebody on the phone.

He groans as he uses his free hand to massage his forehead, "Babe, I promise you I was gonna tell you eventually." He pauses a moment to let the person on the other end of the line speak. "I had no other options, okay? It was either wrestle again or watch as the bar I sacrificed everything to build get shut down forever because I couldn't afford to repair it."

Zaire stands up and starts pacing back and forth in the locker room as the conversation begins to get heated.

"And then what, huh?" he says through clenched teeth. "I just sit on my hands and do nothing? You know that's not how I am--"

He props himself against the locker with one hand while he listens.

"Of course I remember why I retired in the first place, but things are different now." He pauses before adding, "I'm different now. The business is different now. Everything has changed except for the way that you think about things, and I'm starting to remember why we separated in the first place!"

He closes his eyes and bangs his forehead against the locker, immediately regretting his word choice. As he remains silent, it's easy to hear the person on the other end of the phone give him an earful, even if the words themselves can't be deciphered.

"Our children mean everything to me, don't you use them against me, not this time. I let you scare me into believing there was a chance they could grow up with a father who couldn't play with them or hold them, but I'm not young and stupid anymore, just older and stubborn."

Zaire chuckles and he doesn't appear as tense anymore.

"Look, I haven't even wrestled yet. For all I know I'll be able to slip under the radar, collect my paychecks and be out of here without a scratch."

He takes a seat on the bench again.

"Though there was talk about a win bon--all right, all right, all right--forget I mentioned it...See you tonight?"

Phrased as a questioned, Zaire closes his eyes when he gets the answer. He sighs and ends the call before the show cuts back to the action in the ring.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:41 am

As UnMatched roles on, Dulé Zaire bursts into Johnny Sampson’s office, face red, fury written all over his face.

{Zaire}
You wanna know why my black ass is standing in your office right now?

{Sampson}
I would assume it has something to do with NGW closing down?

{Zaire}
You’re damn right it has something to do with NGW closing down, because I wouldn’t have even been in NGW if it weren’t for wrestlers signed to YOUR roster coming into my bar and trashing the damn place and CMV doing absolutely nothing about paying for the damages except signing me to the company--so yeah this has a little something to do about NGW closing down.

{Sampson}
I’m not sure--

{Zaire}
Yeah, you’re not sure what you can do about the situation. Spare me. Save that bureaucratic garbage, because I’ve had my fill of it from this place for a lifetime, let me tell you that much. The reason why I’m here, coming to you specifically, is because it’s time somebody does something right by me to make up for what happened to my place of operation.

{Sampson}
I can understand...

{Zaire}
Do you?!!

{Sampson}
I know you want something done…

{Zaire}
Do I?!

{Sampson}
But I wasn’t even technically general manager of Fusion when that happened, so….

{Zaire}
Don’t make me laugh. HAH! I’m not running around in circles this time around. I want results, and I want them now.

{Sampson}
Fine, but if you’re not going to give me time to contact some people...

{Zaire}
Nope.

{Sampson}
Or take a look at some paperwork…

{Zaire}
Not even one.

{Sampson}
Then the best I can offer you on the spot is a contract to UnMatched.

{Zaire}
We’re on the right track. But it’s like I said, I used to run a business, so we’re gonna talk business.

Zaire shuts the door leaving himself and Sampson in the office as the show fades into a commercial break.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down