Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Blinding Lights Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Blinding Lights Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Blinding Lights Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Blinding Lights Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Blinding Lights Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Blinding Lights Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Blinding Lights Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Blinding Lights Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Blinding Lights Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Blinding Lights Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Blinding Lights

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Blinding Lights Empty Blinding Lights

Post by krzy Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:43 pm

There's a camera in the room because that's just how things work in CMV. Skarzemis has made herself comfortable in Aerora's hospital room, the one that she and Samantha Steel put the French-born wrestler in a few week's back.

Aerora lies there with her eyes closed, the heartrate monitor beeping evenly in the background. Skarzemis has her book in her lap, thumbing through it until she finds the page she's looking for. There's a picture that spreads across the two pages, black and white, of Aerora and Skarzemis embraced in a hug.

But how could they ever wind up like that considering the actions that led to the situation they're in right now?

Skarzemis starts speaking while lazily dragging her fingers along the page, whispering so as not to disturb Aerora.

How considerate.

Get your rest, Rory.

Tomorrow is yours to take.

She snaps the book shut, gets out of her seat then starts walking toward the door. On her way out, she steps over a nurse on the ground, picks up the bag that was weighing down the woman, and begins humming to herself as she walks down the hall.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Blinding Lights Empty Re: Blinding Lights

Post by krzy Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:35 am

Skarzemis is back in Aerora's hospital room.

This time she sits on the side of the bed running her fingers through the unconscious woman's hair like a mother might do to a sleeping child.

The masked woman speaks in a soothing voice.

Sammy will be Undisputed Champion one day, Rory...

...and then we'll be one big happy family.

She says that with no trace of sarcasm, no hint of maliciousness in her voice. Skarzemis continues stroking Aerora's hair as the feed fades to black.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:34 pm

Skarzemis leans against the wall looking over at Aerora as the moonlight softly Illuminates her features. Skarzemis has a flower in her hand, whispering as she pulls of the petals one by one, letting then float to the ground.

She'll join us.

She'll join us not.

She'll join us.

She'll join us not.

She'll join us.

She'll join us not.

She'll join us.

She'll join us not.

Her breath hitches as she runs out of petals to detach from the host, this prophetic ritual landing on an unwanted result. Skarzemis frantically reaches into her bag and pulls out the book. In an instant she's on that page, an image of her and Aerora with a little less color than last time. Skar takes in a deep breath, trying to calm herself, steady her nerves.

She suddenly perks up and giggles. After giving the flower steam a lookover, Skar tosses it into the air.

She'll join us!

She joyfully skips down the room. Her laughs echo down the hall, genuine but always with that sadistic undercurrent.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:39 pm

You're dreaming about it, aren't you?

How tomorrow is so close you can see it if you really squint.

It looks so beautiful, doesn't it?

All that you can be.

All that you can have.

The camera is zoomed in on Skarzemis' mask. The design on it, the ink blot subtlely shifts as her mind wanders. It changes at a snail's pace, as quickly as the longest minute but only noticeable because it's all that's shown.  

Remember what I told you, Rory?

Remember...

You remind me so much of Joy.

A disappointment to spite your potential.

Still you're different.

You still have a chance.

All you have to is wake up.

Her mask is completely black now that the ink has fully spread.  

And join your family.  

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:07 pm

The cameras follow Skarzemis as she makes her way down the hallway to visit Aerora once more. She bursts into the room giddy and unable to contain her excitement. She sees a nurse tending to Aerora.

"Get away from her," Skar yells out. She begins reaching into her bag for something to use, but the implication is enough to make the nurse do as he was told.

The problem is he wasn't just tending to Aerora; he was taking care of a conscious Aerora.

The French superstars' head snaps to the side to stare down Skarzemis. The nurse tries to explain, "This young woman told the staff that she was your only family."

Aerora's eyes fly open wide in surprise, in fear....in rage. She shouts in her native tongue, "She's a monster! Get her out of here!"

"Rory, no..." Skar's voice is soft, vulnerable. She tries to take a step forward, but this time Aerora shouts in English, "Get...her...OUT!"

Skar finally retrieves what she was digging inside her bag for: a mask. An exact match of her own. She places it down on a table, then wordlessly turns and exits the room.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:07 pm

A disappointing outing for Steel for sure, it's written all over her face. It's written in the way her fingernails dig into the palms of her flesh. It's written in the way her jaw is so tightly clenched shut.

But all she can do is watch now.

Watch as Sophia Gibson celebrates her victory, a women who has reaches heights and attained achievements Steel is still scratching and clawing to have for herself.

Perhaps she doesn't have to watch.

Steel slithers out of the ring and grabs a Steel chair. She slides back into the and stands poised to strike, the boos loud, merely waiting for Gibson to turn around so that metal can split the skull.

That's when Aerora's theme hits the speakers.

The cheers a thunderous, a combination of relief for a timely recovery and, well, relief for a timely intervention. Aerora sprints down the ramp, slides into the ring and flips onto her feet in a fluid, effortless, memorizing motion. Gibson spits around, realizing what was awaiting her. She looks ready to join the fight, but Aerora assures her that she'll have this handled, alone.

And then there were two.

They circle each other, Steel and Aerora do, waiting for the other to make the first misstep. Finally, Aerora gets tired of waiting. Revenge isn't always a dish best served cold. She lunges forward ducking under a wild swing of the chair. They spin around so that they're face to face again.

And then Skarzemis' theme hits.

Rory! You came! I knew you would. I was getting worried those monsters in the hospital would turn you against me, but I should have trusted that you'd know the truth. Silly me for doubting.

Not that you're here, we're almost complete.

It's wonderful, isn't it? To finally have a place where you belong.

Aerora's head snaps around, despite that making her vulnerable to Steel. "A family," Aerora mouths, and as if those words triggered something, the edge is taken off of her face as her features smoothen. Steel drops the chair, exits the ring, and gets into Skarzemis' face. "Whatever this is, I want no part of it. Get me my title match." Steel bumps shoulder with Skar before she heads backstage.

Don't worry about, Sammy, she's just getting cold feet before her special day. She's gonna be Champion one day. But that doesn't mean we can't have some fun too!

Aerora exits the ring, and walks up to Skarzemis. She doesn't seem to know what to do or how to act, so Skar takes the lead, hooking her arm into Aerora's and leading her backstage.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:04 pm

And there she lies in the ring.

Beaten, but not broken.

Hurting, but not broken.

Aerora, once the epitome of a fast rise to the top, finds herself at the bottom lying on the ground, the lights up above blinding her. Skarzemis enters the ring by sliding underneath the bottom rope, crawling over to where Aerora lies. Skar positions herself so that she sits cross-legged, now cradling Aerora's head in her arms.

It's okay...

It's okay...

She says as the crowd watches in a curious silence.

They're coming...

Our family will be whole for the first time.

You won't be alone anymore.

Don't you see?

Tomorrow is so close.

And it's all yours, Rory.

Skarzemis giggles, the prospect of what the future holds for her and everyone around filling her with genuine glee. She sits there, cooing and running her fingers through Aerora's hair, being so nurturing and so unsettling in her own way, without really trying to be either.

When they wanted you, there was nothing that you couldn't do. They propped you up and promised that you were going to be something special. Don't you see how they misled you? You were always special, and you're just as beautiful and strong as you always were.

But they broke that promise, Rory! They broke it and left you there to pick up the pieces. They were planning your funeral while you fought for your future. You weren't their favorite anymore. I'm so sorry. They looked into your eyes and saw what I see...the difference is that I embrace what they shun, and I'll unleash what they fear!

I'll give you everything they've denied you.

And it's gonna be so much fun!

She giggles and sighs all satisfied. She helps Aerora to her feet and together they make their way out.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:27 pm

A shot of Aerora standing backstage is shown, an unsettlingly blank expression on her face. The camera zooms out to show Skarzemis sitting on Aerora's shoulders, nonchalantly playing with Aerora's hair. Skarzemis leans forward and waves at the camera, giggling as she does so.

Oh, Rory, this is gonna be so fun! You haven't met Jenny yet, have you? Oooooooh this is gonna be so fun!

She laughs, kicking her legs back and forth like a child sitting on a swing.

Ha ha! She's something great; there won't be a dull second when you're in the ring with her. She's so young and pretty and full of life...I bet you're gonna have a grand ol' time with her!

But go easy on her, all right? Jenny could be your sister one day! She's so much like you, but she doesn't see it. She's so afraid to let that side of her show, it's heartbreaking, really. I almost feel sorry for her, but she's doing it to herself. She lets herself be a walking paradox and doesn't see how everyone laughs! They laugh, Rory! They laugh! Ha ha ha! And I bet the sound of it keeps poor Jenny up at night. The tears fall and soak through her pillow, no one around to gather them so it all goes to waste.

What a shame.

She sighs, then makes herself comfortable my resting her chin on top of Aerora's head.

She's so strong, but so weak. She's so talented, yet the world passes her by. She has such a bright future, but sits in the darkness...alone.

Why doesn't she get it, Rory? Why can't everyone see how much better you are now that you let me help you? You were bred for greatness, dubbed a prodigy, they were gonna give you the whole world, and then what...then they cast you aside. The told you that you weren't good enough. They told you that you couldn't make it here anymore. They told you that you were wrestling on borrowed time.

But who are they, Rory?

And who the hell do they think they are?

Skarzemis hops down then spins Aerora around so that they're facing each other.

I won't let them hurt you anymore.

You're safe now.

No matter what happened yesterday, there's still tomorrow and only this family will be standing. Just look at what's waiting for you when that time comes. There's Amber and Angelina holding championships that will be yours one day! Can't you see it when you close your eyes? Showing how vicious you can be as Hardcore Champion OR! proving them all wrong and winning the Intercontinental Championship like you've been destined to all this time.

But first! Jenny.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:42 pm

Aerora just stands there, back straight, arms dangling, the light gone from her eyes as she blankly stares into the ether. She's somehow consciously comatose--alive but at the mercy of someone else.

The culprit is currently skipping in circles around her singing, unsettling in her carefree demeanor, a childlike attitude in stark, frightening contrast to the wickedness that lurks beneath the surface.

Skarzemis twirls around letting her new robe flutter in the wind then stops on a dime so that she and Aerora are face to face. Skar speaks in a fake, deep voice with a hint of a laugh she can barely suppress as she tries to contain how much fun she's having.

"We don't love you anymore, Aerora."

Don't you see that's what they've been trying to tell you all along, Rory?

"Sorry little lady, you're just not what we're looking for in a Vixen. You're not as beautiful as the other women. You don't have much of a social media presence. You're not as marketable now that you've lost once or twice."

You're as talented, though, that's what should matter, right? More talented than they'll ever let you show. They treat you as an afterthought, Rory--throwing you bones every other week when you should be feasting like a Queen! They put you on the show with as few eyes watching as possible hoping beyond hope that you'll be forgotten. That way they can justify sweeping you under the rug. Out of sight, out of mind.

I'm so sorry.

Skarzemis wraps her arms around Aerora in a hug, but Aerora seems to be so out of it that her arms continue just hanging there by her sides.

They dug your grave for you a long time ago. The more you fight to stay out of that ever-deepening whole, the more they try to force you in down into it. I have your hand, Rory, and as long as you trust me, they won't get what they want. I'll pull you out of that hole every time. When I watch you wrestle, it's like witnessing a masterpiece being created right before my very eyes. A work of art that becomes your magnum opus until the next match comes along.

"What if you just went away for good, you worthless piece of shit!"

Skarzemis gasps in surprise at the vulgarity as though the words didn't come out of her own mouth.

That's what they're saying through their actions, because they're too afraid to say it to your face--because you're not alone anymore; because you're part of this family now.

It still hurts you; I know it. I see you in a way so few others can these days. You're not a piece of meat that they can throw away in disgust because they cooked you wrong! You have feelings, and you have a heart, and that heart is longing for the success that's always just slipped through your fingertips time and time and time and time and time again. You're going to get there, Rory. I can see it in your eyes that you're starting to understand. Ha ha! You're starting to believe that I'm the only one who can save you.

You're starting to see that they're playing right into my hands. The people always loved you, Rory. They support and they care for you no matter what. Even better: their love for an underdog transcends any support for one single man or woman. And the more your fans see you struggle as you fight against all odds, against this oppressive, stifling, maniacal force... the deeper they'll fall in love.

I've seen how it all unfolds.

She reaches into her bag and pulls out her book. After flipping through a couple of pages, she stops on an image. It's of Aerora, on her knees alone in some kind of temple surrounded by cloaked figures. Skarzemis stands behind her holding an object over Aerora's head that can't quite be made out due to the angle. Half of the picture is colored, the other half is black and white. Whatever moment this image is supposed to precede, it's close to coming to fruition. '

Skarzemis laughs then snaps the book shut.

Your transformation is almost complete. They pushed you into my arms, and I'll unleash the monster they took part in creating. You will amass an army of sympathizers, Rory. Hundred! Thousands! Millions! of people who will create a tidal wave of support that will be too big to ignore as it comes crashing down on Ferocity and washes away all of the hatred, bias and judgment against you. It'll be grassroots movement they won't be able to stop!

Your shackles will be broken and you will be free to reign.

With the way they've been treating you like an afterthought...ha!...I guess they'll really have no one to blame but themselves when they don't see you coming.

"You should know your place in this company, Aerora. Your time has come and gone."

That's where they're wrong, Rory.

There's always tomorrow.

She cackles skipping off down the hallway. A few seconds later she reappears and takes Aerora by the hand pulling her away.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:07 pm

The CMV forums have been absolutely buzzing since the incredible Takeover pay per view extravanganza. As a matter of fact, the site was slowed to a crawl at one point because an influx of fans, both old and new, flooded it in their excitement and the forum couldn't handle the massive spike in traffic.

Hours removed, the excitement is still there as there's no shortage of things to talk about, and the engineers have been hard at work ensuring things are solid on the backend so that there's nothing to interrupt the flow of discussion. The forum homepage is a perfect snapshot of what's hot:

ALL ABOARD THE LEO CRUZ BANDWAGON

WHO DO YOU WANT TO SEE TONE FACE AT IMPLOSION

ALLY IS ON BORROWED TIME BECAUSE OF THE ESTABLISHMENT

IS ANYONE ELSE DISAPPOINTED ANGEL WASN'T A SURPRISE ENTRANT

JADE DIVINE APPRECIATION THREAD

With such hullabaloo surrounding the fallout of that historic event, it's easy for the smaller, unrelated thread topics to get lost in the shuffle. One such topic has a humble couple dozen replies, compared to the hundreds of comments in threads related to the pay per view.

WHAT HAPPENED TO AERORA?

A question that seems simple on the outset reveals itself to be loaded upon closer inspection. The thread was posted weeks ago, after Aerora's loss to Samantha Steel, yet has persisted under the radar as users continue to post in it every now and then, allowing the thread to survive like a cockroach you can't just be rid of. The initial post reads as followed.

Username: FrenchFry
Posted: Three Months Ago
----------
Guys, I think this is it.

Not only did Aerora get completely destroyed by Steel, when I know that she's better than that hack, but then she got kicked while she was down after the bell. Scratch that, because "kicked" doesn't do it justice. They did a lot more than kick her.

I've been watching Ferocity since the beginning, and I've never seen anyone get beat down that badly. And not only did they attack her after the bell for NO reason (for real, what was the justification for that? Have they even spoken two words to each other backstage?) but that Napoleon-complex wannabe boxer Steel and that...thing Skarzewhatever faced absolutely zero repercussions for their actions. Seriously, no slap on the wrist or even a verbal warning. Nothing! At this point I'd have even taken a stern look in their general direction from whoever the hell general manager is.

I've been pacing back and forth in my room for hours (because it's too small to walk in circles) going through all the stages of grief twice over, and I just had to come on here and vent. At this point, I don't care if I get trolled or flamed;  I just have get this off my chest, and maybe it'll help speed along the last stage once I accept that this is how it ends.

Story time: I was born in France and emigrated to the states for college.

Whew, that was a long one, wasn't it? Tried to cut out as much of the fluff as possible. The point of my life story is that I can't help but gravitate to my countrymen and support them in all of their endeavors. (As long as it's good, clean fun; I stand firmly against murder, raping and pillaging.) So color me surprised when a French wrestler burst onto the scene and cut down everyone put in front of her. Guys, I don't mean to revive an old meme, but don't let her recent shortcomings distract you from the fact that Aerora beat Lexin freakin' Damjen in her first match! Remember, The Dynamite slayer herself.

It was meant to be the precursor to bigger things. If only we knew then what we know now. If only...then maybe I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up. Silly me for living in the moment. I remember grabbing my boyfriend and screaming at the top of my lungs when she hit the AeroCutter and won. And then she kept winning. Week after week she looked unstoppable...and then nada. Flash forward like a year, and she's been unceremoniously been dumped from the company. They've been kinda brushing her to the side for years as if she was an inconvenience. Even if she makes a miraculous recovery from her injuries, how does her career recover from that downward spiral? With better management in place, I'd hang onto a sliver of hope, but it was management's incompetence that let this happen to begin with.

It's bullshit; pardon my French. I just can't stand to see this happen to someone like Aerora. And I hate how powerless I feel about it all. (And I’ve put a lot of thought of what I can and can’t do. I can’t exactly wrestle myself to thin out the competition.) Plus I know I've never met her, but from the dirt sheets and the fans who have actually been in the same room as her, she's a sweet, caring person who would give you the shirt off her back. If given the chance, she could have been such a great role model. I know I'm not the only French person who was inspired by her meteoric rise.

And I'm not the only one who was crushed when that meteor fell from the sky. I guess I'll have to find a new wrestler to stan, but none will hold the same spot in my heart that Aerora did. I know no one will probably read this, I just wanted someone out there to know that I still was a fan.

The post sat there ignored for a few days, bumped by the occasional message that share the sentiment of either “Yeah, you’re the only one who still cares about Aerora,” or “I liked her too, but there’s not much we can do about this.” Then recent events on Ferocity injected new life into the conversation.

Username: TwoShotTom
Posted: Two Weeks Ago
----------
I've been binging Ferocity recently to get up to speed for the forty-woman rumble, and I tune in to see that Aerora is some kind of sidekick? This is the latest thread about her, so I figured I’d post this here for a higher likelihood of it being seen. Is this a case of how far the mighty have fallen? ‘Cause last time I was into CMV she was the next big breakout star, and now she’s apparently content with hanging onto someone’s coattails for the easy pay day? I was never her biggest fan either way, was just curious about the perception of this radical change in character.  

The message sparks a mini debate about whether or not Aerora’s truly fallen under Skarzemis’ spell or if she’s acting under her own volition, taking a different approach in her climb to the top.

Posted: Yesterday
----------
Me again. Supposedly I’ve been declared Aerora’s #1 fangirl by the ever-kind and welcoming CMV Forum. So where's my crown? (Besides, I could be associated with a worse human being. Have you seen the clowns who think KLIQ is the second coming or something? Maker, what a sorry group of people that is.) But I digress, this is a thread about Aerora, and while I was gone for a bit (finals are a bitch) it's really cool to see that this thread of mine is still kicking, even if it had to be put on life support for a little bit.

I won't lie, there were times where I almost broke down and deleted the original post because I was a little embarrassed to be getting so emotional over a wrestler, but to see someone you admire be put down as if she were a sick dog (Been there, done that. Spoiler alert: it sucks) really struck a chord with me. It also helped seeing that there are a dozen of us standing proud as Aerora fans. Almost feels like we're part of an exclusive club, you know?

Honestly, guys I don't know what to make of this. I really, really, really thought Aerora was done for that night, and there's a part of me glad that she's managing to hang around by the skin of her teeth, but at what cost? It blew my mind that she would choose to associate with Skarzemis of all people (yes, yes, I've correctly learned to spell her name since the last time. You won't catch me saying it five times in front of a mirror, though.) It's like, how do you join forces with the woman who put you in the hospital like the week before? It's the most frightening case of Stockholm syndrom I've ever seen.

But then it's also like, you listen to the things Skarzemis is saying and she's fighting more for Aerora than Aerora was for herself during the tail end of her run. But then you can't help but feel that this is all a game to Skarzemis who just loves pulling the strings. I really can't make heads or tails of this. I know we've been coming up with some theories like Aerora is just biding her time until she wins the big one, but I dunno guys, I think this is who she is now.

She still has that spark when she wrestles, the same fire that drew me to her when she went toe to toe with Damien, it's just that outside of the ring it all just feels off. And does this happen to anyone else too?: just when I begin to feel disgusted with the way things are playing out, Skarzemis speaks and I almost can't help by buy into everything she's saying. It's scary how good she is at that. Maybe we can give her the benefit of the doubt, though? She tried with Steel, and now she's trying with Rory (that would almost be the cutest nickname is it didn't give me chills every time she said it.)

I did like she was saying about a grassroots movement though. The army of supporters that will form because people like us are tired of Aerora teetering on the edge of obscurity. That last segment really gave me the hope that we have the power to make a difference if we can come together and show that there are plenty of people who want to see Aerora at the top, and that's not counting the literal country that will have her back through thick and thin.

So what do you say, guys? We can talk all day complaining about this and that, or we can get out and do something. Posters, making sure her merch sells out, a 'Rory Section'! (I only let myself say Rory three times a day, lest I end up turning into Skarzemis...and I guess that was technically the third.)

Let's show Ferocity that we still see the light.

Since that message, the thread has been picking up steam gaining a steady, but still humble, increase in views and messages. The cheap shot at the KLIQ briefly got the thread brigaded by the stable's ravenous fanbase. Once that was cleaned up by the mods, what's left is a fascinating congregation of people throwing out ideas for how they'll do their part to help their favorite wrestler.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon May 07, 2018 3:02 pm

The CMV forums as usual have a big spike in activity after a pay per view event, this time Fusion's Emergence is the catalyst. The site is filled with the usual bantering and bickering, the front page splattered with sometimes riveting discussions on certain big moments.

HOW MANY TITLE REIGNS UNTIL DEVINE HAS A GOOD ONE?

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CHRIS DIAMOND

LEO CRUZ BANDWAGON (UPDATE): STANDING ROOM ONLY

KLIQ IS DEAD CELEBRATION (THREAD LOCKED)

WHY CYBORG IS THE ONLY "MONSTER" TO LIVE UP TO THE HYPE

And again, clinging for dear life to the very bottom of the first page, right above the post ranking CMV's best tans, is the thread regarding Aerora that has also, experienced a spike in activity.

Username: HalfThrottled
Posted: Two days ago
----------
So I skimmed through this thread because I was curious about why it's still alive, and I still don't get it. Not that I expect impartial opinions here, but I don't understand: why Aerora of all people? A new vixen is brought in literally every other week, yet you're still hung up on someone who, in my opinion, has been thoroughly underwhelming. Even if you don't have to give the new girls a chance, what about vixens who have been here just as long and have something to show for it? Dynamite, Damjen, hell even Gibson has been champion at some point. The writing has been on the wall for quite some time with Aerora, and whatever is going between her and that masked women isn't gonna save her.

The message, while civil in its underlying tone, sparks debate that oft ventured into territory that wasn't quite civil as people who didn't quite care about the topic chimed in anyways to stir the pot and those who were overly passionate reacted nastily to even slightly dissenting opinions. It's a message, even and firm, from the thread's original creator that appeared to get everything back on track.

Posted: Two days ago
----------
Why?

The same reason why people want Firefly back even though there's no shortage of amazing things on television (for real, at least one more episode to tie things up. And by episode, I mean around four-ish hours in length or so, give or take.) or for the same reason why people are begging Remedy for an Alan Wake sequel (like, I put too much time into trying to save Alice to be left hanging like that) when there are admittedly better--or at the very least, not as niche--games on the market. People like what they like or who they like, and something or someone being better doesn't automatically mean the competition is trash-tier.

But to answer your question, and I can only speak for myself, it's a matter of loyalty to some extent. Not only do I want to see someone from my home country do well, but I've invested so much time into supporting Aerora that I'm not about to let all of those precious seconds go down the drain. (And the money too: those CMV shirts aren't cheap.) And now I won't speak for myself, because I think I have enough of an idea of the current Aerora fandom zeitgeist to say this: there's something that hits home about being told, either directly or indirectly, that you aren't good enough, for one reason or the other, to make it. And in the same vein, there's something moving about the way she keeps fighting as she dangles over a lava pit filled with sharks while the company saws away the rope suspending her in the air.

It's the classic underdog story, kinda, except she didn't start out as the underdog. She took a tumble a few strides away from the finish line, picked herself up, dusted herself off and kept right on trucking along. The best part is that she never whined, complained, blamed 'the man' (I guess we do enough of that last part on her behalf), she just kept on keeping on, humbly taking it on the chin and letting her actions do the talking for her.

So yeah, liking Aerora doesn't mean we don't like anyone else, in fact I was ecstatic when Ally Cage won the Royal Rumble (don't tell anyone around here I said that, though). I just can't help but root for the underdog. Call me a sap, but I can't help but feel we're in the middle of this grand story arc, and this is just the part before everything gets turned around.

Username: paperchamp
Posted: Yesterday
----------
Well, I wouldn't say sap is the word. Naïve, maybe. Or perhaps setting yourself up for crushing disappointment by putting your eggs in the Aerora basket. Here's the thing: not every vixen will be a star. Over time things will balance out, and the women will naturally fall to where they belong on the totem pole. Sure, she started out hot, and I'll admit that I was intrigued how her career would pan out, and here we are. People figured her out, and those wins she was racking up quickly became losses.

None of this means she isn't good; she just isn't good enough to compete with the best of the best, and thus she has ended up where she is. Something that I think has gotten lost in all of this is that you can't manufacture a star. That's something that has to happen organically when the vixen proves over time that she is the cream of the crop. But even the women at the bottom aren't exactly starving or living paycheck to paycheck. Not to mention that the powers that be aren't going to listen to fans complaining on the internet.

Posted: Two hours ago
----------
Look, paperchamp, you're not the first to come in thinking you're making a poignant observation, and you won't be the last. Don't get me wrong, I'll happily debate my stance until the cows come home, but I feel like we've exhausted the "Aerora can't hang with the best" avenue of discussion.

I'm more interested in the double standards and favoritism at play here. And before you all go claiming conspiracy theory (though I'll admit there are a few I'm willing to entertain, like does Xander Slate only wear one glove to hide his prosthetic hand??), I'd love for someone to explain this one: So when Jenny Wheeler beat Aeroroa, she was rewarded with a match on the 'main show' the very next week. Cool, I like her, no big deal there. Meanwhile, Aerora beats Ryan Munoz and is nowhere to be seen? And that's after being essentially getting the night off at Takeover? Hello? That's two weeks sitting at home twiddling her thumbs? (I know that last one didn't really need a question mark, but I had a combo going there.)

So there goes any momentum she may have had out of the window. She moves a step forward, and then they drag her three steps back. I don't get it. Did she take too long to win or something? Was she supposed to point to the Implosion sign during her celebration? It's frustrating as a fan seeing her get jerked around like this; I can't even imagine what it's like to be in her shoes. You say she can't hang with the best, and I say she hasn't had the chance to, and she's doesn't get to even sniff people near their league on a weekly basis, when they bother throwing her a bone.

In any case, I won't be a Debbie downer here. Let's focus on the positives, namely putting more thought into this "grassroots" campaign Skarzemis was talking about. I know a lot of us are a little weary about this tandem, but if Aerora trusts her, then I suppose we can give her the benefit of the doubt. And if the ball is in our courts as fans, I guess getting tripped up over Skarzemis will slow down any potential progress. For now, we can treat her as an ally. (A very, very, very, unsettling ally.)

Username: Moonlight
Posted: One hour ago
----------
I don't mean to be another, "I'm not Aerora's biggest fan" guy, but...well, yeah. Anyway, I whipped something up for you guys that I think you might appreciate.

Blinding Lights K84EPpM

Rough around the edges, but I think giving them something pretty to look at will work wonders for your cause. Good luck!

Posted: 27 Minutes ago
----------
That. Is. Perfect. Dude, I think we've got something here. "Together Tomorrow" could be a fantastic tagline for our cause. Skarzemis is constantly talking about how there's always tomorrow, right? Well we can play into that too. No matter bad things may look for Aerora today, it'll only take one big win to get her on the fast track...and vice versa, I suppose. But it'll be worth the risk, because, let's be honest for a second, does she really have anything to lose at this point?

Think about it, if we can get a hashtag going like #TogetherTomorrow we could get her plight in the public conscientious of the CMV Universe and before you know, there'll be more than a dozen of us who really care where she ends up. Sure, that hashtag is a little long, but it's alliterative, same amount of syllables and it's catchy, a trifecta.

So I'm thinking long term here: Implosion. If she can at least get on the show, that's a step in the right direction. Now it's just a matter of getting her there. Of course we can't wrestle the matches for her, but if we support her, win or lose, (you know, stick together and hope for a better tomorrow *nudge nudge, wink wink*) and become a vocal minority it'll be impossible for the company to ignore us (like a tiny splinter you just can't dig out).

From that moment on, you'd occasionally see things on the CMV twitter that began or ended with the hashtag #togethertomorrow. Not a lot, but a few, and by the day the number of those involved grows.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miztacular Mon May 07, 2018 7:22 pm

That gif is awesome
Miztacular
Miztacular
Admin
Admin

Humor : Making Sons uncomfortable