Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars

2 posters

Go down

Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars Empty Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars

Post by krzy Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:23 pm

After the assault he suffered in St Louis weeks ago, Adam Scott woke up the next  morning in a hospital bed.

His vision is blurred at best, and he can just about make out his surroundings. Realising where he is, Scott tries to get up, but his vision gets even hazier, he puts his hand up to his forehead, and feels the scar he's been left with, then down to his eye, which is bruised and swollen shut. Scott lies back down and tries to pinpoint exactly where his life went so wrong for him to end up here.

Before he knows it, he's drifted off into a restless sleep, the combination of the pain and the medication making it difficult to remain conscious. Despite everything he's been through recently, he's never been more helpless, more vulnerable than he is right now, but this is perhaps the one place he can be safe. the one place where things can go right for him for a change.

Or so he thought.

A cameraman, here to document this hospital stay for evidence in the divorce proceedings, for personal reasons, for potential biopic footage, for good ol' wrestling drama, for whatever, watches as Scott comes to. His eyes flutter open, he takes in a few deep breaths of this wonderful, sterile, air, then tries to put himself into a sitting position when something stops him.

Maybe it's just the meds.

While using one hand to support his weight in his half-sitting position, Scott balls the other into a fist and uses the the side of it to rub at his eyes. First the right, then the left. His eyes are a little red, and the swelling has barely gone down, but no, what's he's seeing is very real.

Or, rather, who he's seeing.

It's hard to mistake her for any one else. The mask, the singing, the unsettlingly jovial attitude, all combined into a woman who you wouldn't normally feel threatened by, if you didn't know any better. Yet here she is, sitting, watching, no expression visible because of the mask, her body language impossible to read. She cocks her head to the side, the only indication she gives to acknowledge that Scott is awake. She watches curiously as he finally gets himself into a seated position, moving slowly, both from the lingering pain, and as though any sudden movement will cause his unexpected guest to lash out like a wild animal.

Wh... Who are you?

She doesn’t respond at first. The humming of the various machines in the room are all that stand between them and dead silence.

No, who are you?

She takes a moment to consider her words, then laughs.

That's so corny, right? But it's on the mark!

She leans forward a little in her chair.

'Cause you haven't been yourself lately, have you? Maybe that's for the best. Look where being you has gotten you. Look what it made you. Look what it has left behind for you.

Adam looks into the mirror on the wall to his left, seeing what those thugs did to him for the first time. He already noticed the scar, even the black eye doesn't bother him, but when he realises that his luscious white locks of hair are gone, he feels a sudden emptiness inside. Scott stares into the mirror for a few seconds, before turning back to Skarzemis, fully expecting her to be gone, but she's still there, Scott sighs.

Ugh... These drugs must be stronger than I thought.

No, you're stronger than you thought

She pauses, then giggles.

Ha! I did it again--but it's true. You shouldn't be here. You could be so much more, but you loved the wrong person and let them break your heart. Now look at you. You're so sad and pathetic! I feel a little sorry for you. Then I think about where we could go from here, and I get so excited. I can't wait!

Adams still not sure whether he can really trust his own mind, but feeling lost, he chooses to go along with it, whether Skarzemis really is sat in front of him, or if he's just hallucinating.

You feel sorry for me?

Adam takes a second look in the mirror, and sees a defeated, shell of a man staring back at him.

Maybe you're right, maybe I am pathetic... Was any of it ever real? Because it felt real. The love that we shared for one another, that couldn't be faked, so where did it all go wrong? How did I end up here?

Skarzemis laughs.

Well, you're here because they beat you up! It was real bad too. I'd say you're lucky to be alive, but that'd just be another corny line. So what I'll say isssssssssss if you aren't careful next time you'll wake up on a gurney! And the autopsy will read: "Got fooled twice."

You know, creepy lady, you make a lot of sense.  I can't just lie here feeling sorry for myself. These guys took everything from me, and it's time I took it all back.

No, not everything.

She stands; dramatic music inexplicably begins to swell in the background.

They left you with a dangerous weapon, daring you to use it: your mind.

Scott scowls.

My mind?  I knew it, I'm hallucinating.  NURSE!

It’s current day now. Scott paces in circles backstage. The tension and anxiety reverberates with every step. He stops suddenly, turns and talks to say something to Skarzemis, but she shushes him with a finger on his lips.

Xander is only the appetizer.

Make him suffer; make him scream! Don’t worry about holding back; you don’t have to save room for the main course.

You’re only gonna chew Reece up and spit ‘im out.

Leave him for the buzzards!

That'll be the toughest part, you know. When he's on the ground, a broken, mangled bloody mess--when speaking sends sharp, stabbing pains shooting through his lungs--when his energy reserves are depleted and every syllable draws the impenetrable blinds of unconsciousness lower and lower, he'll speak a word that will threaten to make you forget -- "help."

You'll want to.

You'll feel a pang of sympathy. You'll see a flicker of hope that things will be different. He'll change. He'll never hurt you again. When he holds you, it'll be like old times. When he kisses you, you won't have that voice in the back of your mind wondering if you can taste Xander on his lips. It'd be your second chance at a happily ever after. These are all the lies you'll tell yourself so that the past agonizing heartbreak isn't reality anymore. All because you take his desperation for vulnerability.

You'll want to help.

But you can't.

They say forgiveness takes strength.

They're wrong.

What's strong is being the one to help him by laying him to rest knowing you can never get that love back. Besides, then you'll have experience to deal with the next guy dumb enough to break your heart! Win win!

Scott’s eyes fly open.

Skarzemis wanders off.

What has he gotten himself into?

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars Empty Re: Scott's Wounds of War: All That's Left Are Scars

Post by C9 Suntan Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:49 pm

My god. Ze interest is real

Pierre Thompson: 1x International Champ
2018 Feud of the Year - Thompson v Slate
1x U.S Champ
D’angelo Prince: 2x Anarchy Champ

Camron Harris:
1x NGW Champion
1x Rising Star Champ

Benjamin Black 1x Internet Champ

C9 Suntan
C9 Suntan