Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Never Look Back Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Never Look Back Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Never Look Back Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Never Look Back Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Never Look Back Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Never Look Back Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Never Look Back Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Never Look Back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Never Look Back Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Never Look Back Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Never Look Back

2 posters

Go down

Never Look Back Empty Never Look Back

Post by Alveuss Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:32 pm

The show opens to a shot of the crowd, cheering and talking amongst themselves. The intro hasn’t yet played and the fireworks haven’t yet gone off but they are all still on their feet for something. As the camera keeps panning we see what that thing is. In the ring, fully dressed and holding a microphone, is the Pride of Scotland, the Pride of Fusion, Jacob Ziegler. However there’s a different aura in the air than there usually is. Things aren’t tense, things aren’t exciting, it's unclear quite how to describe it, the closest word would be… Desperate. As the camera closes in on him he doesn’t wait for the fans to take notice.

Jacob Ziegler
I have done many, many things in my near 3 years in this company, most of them bad. I've attacked people who did nothing wrong, I’ve held the show hostage and put those in charge in unwinnable situations when they’re only trying to do their job, I’ve ruined opportunities for others and I’ve betrayed my own friends. All of it was ultimately to put me into the position that I was in last night. In the main event of Ascendance for the biggest prize this industry has to offer. Could I have done things differently? Of course I could have, but I don’t regret any of it.

Despite it taking so damn long for me to earn the chance that I had last night, everything I have done, everything I have put everyone through and been through myself has made me one of the biggest stars on Monday Night Fusion today and it has been this way for a while now. Even when there were was a civil war going on, even when there were tyrants running around, even when there are sharks such as Paul Divine, Hayden, Schmidty and Hastings swimming in these waters, I was still recognized as a star just waiting to shine. A lot of that credit does deserve to go to you guys. I don’t say things like that often because I don’t have to, you all know it. The guys that hate me and probably rightfully so, and the many others that love me in spite of everything, you all do so much to make sure that the guys in their big chairs making the decisions don’t forget about me, whether you realize it or not. I appreciate that, even if I don’t show it.

Sometimes I do catch myself wondering what could have been if I made some decisions differently. Where would I be right now, where might others be? What if I hadn’t caused the implosion of the Coalition? Maybe we would have run this show like Kliq went on to do on Genesis. What if I hadn’t stolen the Money in the Bank contract from Devious? Perhaps he’d be a star and he wouldn’t have turned against Briggs. What if I hadn’t attacked Shane Scott? Maybe he would still have a career…

The Scotsman stops and lowers the mic, simply thinking. The fans don’t make much noise as they’re all entranced in what they’re hearing. This isn’t the vicious Ziegler they’ve been seeing since Shane Scott was attacked. This is something else.

Jacob Ziegler
I still wouldn’t change a thing. To me, all of that is worth it because as horrible as it might sound to some, what happens to all of those guys back there in that locker room isn’t my concern, and I stand by that. Everyone back there is in this company for themselves, even if they’re too nice to admit it. Everything I have done, I would do it all again.

All except one thing. Last night.

Again Ziegler lowers the mic thinking and again there isn’t much noise from the fans. He looks around at all of them, then to his feet, shaking his head.

Jacob Ziegler
Let's not beat around the bush, last night Harvey Hastings did not beat me. He can act like he did all he wants and he will because that’s who he is, but he did not. He survived me. From every single angle at which you look at it, the match, the win and the Undisputed Championship should have been mine, I just made one fatal mistake and it cost me everything. You guys wanna know what’s weird? It’s that, for the first time in months, I’m not angry about what happened.

I know right? The guy who’s been brutally beating up all of his opponents for months, loses the biggest match of his career and that calms him down? Doesn’t make much sense on the outside. Here’s the thing though, when the realization set in that it was over and I had been pinned, I had one overwhelming feeling that I still have right now. It’s not anger and its not frustration, it’s disappointment. Think about everything I’ve said here, all the things I’ve done, all the faith that people have in me… My failure in that vital moment means that its all for nothing. I let myself down, I let my friends down, I let Quinn down and I let all of you down.

This feeling has been eating away at me and will not stop, I didn’t even sleep last night, how could I? I can tell that if I don’t do something about it now, this feeling will not go away and it will ruin me. But what can I do about it, I’ve lost and that chance is gone right? Well, what have I always done when it’s time to make a crucial decision? Something drastic.

Now at the mention of this there’s finally a sign of life from the fans. They know that it’s true when Ziegler makes a big decision that there are usually consequences in the grander picture. As the excitement is starting to build the Scotsman doesn’t give anything away. He stands expressionless, waiting for the fans attention once more.

Jacob Ziegler
Almost 3 years in this company, all of which has been spent on this one show, Fusion. Not many others can claim the same level of loyalty I have to this brand, I love this show. I’ve defended it many times against outsiders like fucking Conor McGregor himself and I’ve defended it against other brands and their invaders. Fusion is my home and it’s the only home I’ve ever known. Which is why you should all try to understand how big of a deal this is to me. Because as much as I love this brand, I might just be wasting mine and everybody else’s time. So now for me it’s all or nothing.

Yuri Sukolov, I’m asking you for a match. A rematch from last night which I know I haven’t earned, but a match I want anyway, against Harvey Hasting for the Undisputed Championship to take place at Battlescars. And if I don’t win that match, then I will step away from Monday Night Fusion, forever.

There’s a curious reaction from the fans as Ziegler lowers the mic and steps back looking towards the ramp waiting for Yuri. As time goes on the reaction gets louder as some fans would love for a rematch but others not wanting to see the possible last of the Scotsman on Fusion.

(Open to Dashing)
Alveuss
Alveuss
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Never Look Back Empty Re: Never Look Back

Post by Mr. Dashing Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:43 am

That's when out from the back comes Yuri Sukalov, a million dollar smile on his face as he struts out onto the stage in his all white suit. With a microphone already in his hand he glides his tongue across his front teeth whilst listening to the roar of the CMV universe, mixed reactions for Ziegler's proposal.

Mr. Sukalov
Wow, Jacob, this is certainly unexpected but in all honesty I completely understand where you're coming from. It's all or nothing for you now, go big or go home, yes? We all saw that Ascendance VI match and I know I'm not offending Harvey Hastings when I say this because even he knows it! He survived by the skin of his teeth, you had that match won, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. But maybe at Battle Scars 4, it will be! You all know that I love my unique opportunities and I have to say that when you first came out here tonight I wasn't buying it, but wagering your Fusion career for another shot? Now THAT, I can get behind! You're right, you are a star here on Fusion, maybe it's biggest, this is a risk for me as well to be losing you. But I think, no I know! That you won't let me, these fans and most importantly yourself down, not again. So Jacob, you have your match! Jacob Ziegler vs. Harvey Hastings at Battle Scars 4 and if you lose, then you're contract with Fusion will be terminated!

Ziegler closes his eyes and sighs, is it out of relief or worry though? The Pride of Scotland nods his head while Yuri gives him a wink, the crowd red hot for the announcement of this huge rematch, but rightfully worried that they may be losing Ziegler should things again not go his way.
Mr. Dashing
Mr. Dashing
Admin
Admin

Humor : Knock knock!

https://communityuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down