Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Stealing the Spotlight Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Stealing the Spotlight Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Stealing the Spotlight Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Stealing the Spotlight Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Stealing the Spotlight Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Stealing the Spotlight Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Stealing the Spotlight Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Stealing the Spotlight Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Stealing the Spotlight Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Stealing the Spotlight Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Stealing the Spotlight

2 posters

Go down

Stealing the Spotlight Empty Stealing the Spotlight

Post by HellishxHades Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:09 pm

As Supremacy returns from commercial break, we are treated to Tyson Cage in a room, his pretty mug looking down to the side as if his entire world has been turned upside down, and it has essentially. After a solid ten seconds, Tyson starts to speak.

Tyson Cage:
Two years ago... We did the unthinkable. We managed to become the Fusion Tag Team Champions, at the Show of Show and defeated a mountain of tower in Desolation. We were at the top of the world. Of course, it wasn't smooth selling to that point. With me not wanting to be your team member even though you chose me out of ever one on that roster. And my ego didn't let me see the things that we had. I started to warm up to this pairing, even embracing the Bickering Duo. The moment my views of you change from someone who was gonna get me to the top of the card to someone that I wanted to call my friend was in the Cyborg Invitational. In our match back then, You gave everything you had. I had to let my ego go, to become to achieved what I did. But, I wanted us to go from being Tag Partners to being Friends, but something within you changed in that match.

Tyson looks up at the camera.

You didn't want to try to strategize, you didn't want to work out our game plans. You are the reason we failed the first time to Desolation. But I wanted to let that go. We became the tag champs, and you put a dilemma over my head. You said that if we are able to defend these championships 3 times than you would leave CMV forever. I saw the pain in your eyes. I saw the hate you had for me. And I didn't know why. So, one month after winning the titles, I left you alone to suffer. Not because I didn't want to be there for you in your time of need. I saw that this entire tag team was the source of your problems. So I killed the sources of your problems because I am a good friend. I wanted the best for you, but you only cared about yourself.

You said that I should have retired quietly and never been seen from again, I planned to do that last season at Ascendance, retire and never be seen from again, because I know that you haven't been keeping up with me because you have been avoiding me since Battlescars 2 years ago. I wasn't doing so good, and I honestly don't know how I got them to be in that Anarchy Championship match at Ascendance. I didn't expect to win it. So I decided that I wasn't gonna retire quietly, I decided that I would be one of the big stories coming out of Ascendance. Giving an up and comer from NGW a big win over a former 2 time Anarchy Champion and a Former Tag Team Champion, of course, Moon Knight. But you came in attacking me for no reason. I couldn't get ahold of you in 2 years, and the first thing you do is attack me. I understand it, I screwed you at battle scars, but you saw that your gonna face me at Ascendance and that I was trying to steal Ascendance Spotlight from the up and comers, bruh you show up after 2 years to accept my challenge before I could offer it to the NGW rookies. Suraci, I wanted to talk to you, tell you I'm sorry for what I did, for 2 years. But now, I dont care, At ascejdance I cant be Moon Knight, I cant be the Movie Star Tyson Cage, I need the original Tyson Cage, I need my OG Ego. I want to end this hatred, and Suraci when I beat you at Ascendance, I will tell you Im Sorry.

George King - NGW Championship 2x - Final NGW Tag Team Championship (The Kingdom) - European Championship - Final Television Championship - First Internet Championship - CMV Tag Team Championship (The Kingdom) / Champion of Champion / CMV Undisputed World Championship
Tyson Cage - Fusion Tag Team Championship (The Bickering Duo)/Anarchy Championship 2x
Caleb Reed: Fusion Tag Team Championship (The Anarchists)
Jon Reed: Anarchy Championship
HellishxHades
HellishxHades
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Stealing the Spotlight Empty Re: Stealing the Spotlight

Post by krzy Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:42 pm

Shortly before the end of Supremacy, a video is uploaded onto the CMV YouTube channel. It opens with a shot of a concrete sidewalk that’s seen better days. Tree roots have left it cracked with pieces jutting out at angles, gum has fused with the concrete as though it were part of the original design and, worst of all, someone has dropped an empty can of soda when surely there’s a recycling bin somewhere around here.

The camera shifts focus and rests on Suraci’s face--heavy bags under his eyes, and he looks to be a little confused.

Has this thing really been on for…….27 minutes and 12 seconds? That would explain why my battery is dying. Just..like...my... patience for you is dying, Tyson.

You see how I turned that unfortunate situation into something useful...friend? That’s what our tag team was to me. An unfortunate situation that I turned into championship reigns, because if you were gonna be in it for yourself, then so was I.

But you know what I’ve been doing these past 27 minutes and 12 seconds, Tyson? Jogging. It’s really a great way to stay in shape. It really is. Tyson. It is. Jogging. Try it. I’ve seen that you’ve let yourself go. You’re getting a little flabby. Your whole body jiggled when I cracked you in the jaw with my knee. I could barely walk without a limp the next day; I’m surprised you can still talk the next week.

Then again, am I really surprised? You never let anything stop you from sharing your opinion. You had to tell the pilot that he could have taken that first left out of the airport a little smoother. We couldn’t go to dinner without you telling the cook that you could tell that your steak wasn’t heated to exactly 237 degrees. And boy do I miss the way you would talk in the middle of movies to tell the whole theater how you would have done things differently if you were cast in that role.

Suraci’s voice trails off, his tone that of a person speaking nostalgically, not in anger.

27 minutes and 12 seconds of me replaying your video over and over in my head. Thinking about what you said and how those words rang so hollow. You didn’t do a damn thing for me. You thought you could make it big on your own. Tag team wrestling was beneath you. You were the A-lister, our tag team was your breakout role, and I was just part of the supporting cast.

You didn’t retire when you won the Anarchy championship, because you thought that would be the start of a run that you lead you to the main event of Ascendance. But you’re no George King. You and him have NOTHING in common. He stands by his people. You abandoned me. You--

You never cared. It’s not just now. You don’t need to “go back” to your original ego. It never left. That ego has fueled every decision you’ve made in your career  including retiring at Ascendence and hoping you can get some cluless NGW rookie to say, “Man, I guess I really wasn’t worth a damn in this here  ’rasslin’ business until I beat that living legend Tyson Cage in his last match!!”

27 minutes and 12 seconds of me wondering if it’s my fault that you’re quitting and how I’m going to make sure your career ends with a whimper.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down