Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
You're only seeing half the story Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
You're only seeing half the story Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
You're only seeing half the story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
You're only seeing half the story Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
You're only seeing half the story Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
You're only seeing half the story Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
You're only seeing half the story Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
You're only seeing half the story Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
You're only seeing half the story Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
You're only seeing half the story Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

You're only seeing half the story

Go down

You're only seeing half the story Empty You're only seeing half the story

Post by RiftedEnergy Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:03 am

Music hits....2 flashes... and Future man is on the stage. We've seen his entrance a million times so it kinda gets stale sometimes, but knowing one of these will be the last one in CMV history... that is what keeps some of the fans glued, cheering or booing in anticipation. But this time its different... This time Quantum is holding a briefcase. 

It's been a minute since he addressed the fans directly, and they needed to hear this straight from him. 

He remembers back to the very first moment he stepped foot in the CMV universe. He remembers trying to retire. He remembers the horror of 2k20, his friend stuck there until 2k22, the loop back to 2k19... and he remembers the resolution... 

"Well, well, well..." Quantum gives the crowd time to simmer before continuing, "It would seem as though we really have a Kliq problem. I would say that I had told ya so, but that wouldn't change anything about our current situation. What COULD have changed everything, however, was a very direct force of action in the beginning of all this. But, there I go telling ya I told ya so. Lets not live in the past, lets move on to the future.

He looks down to his opposite hand and lifts the briefcase. The crowd perks the f up

"Ohhhhh..  oh. No... no this isn't what you think it is. Sorry. No 2k99 briefcase here..." The crowd boos more "oh no, its not the 2k15 briefcase either...." ever harder boos follow but theyre hoping for a great payoff here "Ohhhh yeah, but you know what it is?!!?" Bam, triggered with cheers. The Fans KNOW its a MITB briefcase, and they KNOW he's cashing in. They don't understand how or why... but damn, he is the future man, and he can just get one any time he wants, right? 

"Oh no, its not a MITB case at all... sorry to disappoint. I'll get back to this in a moment. The future... remember.. Not the past. Because in the past Xander Slate and I have had our issues. In fact, I'm pretty sure him and I have NEVER seen EYE to eyes. But even with that storied history... there is solace. You see... Slate? When you only see half the story you are severely limiting your ability to prepare for the future. And Xander Slate, you are severely limited, my old friend. 

I already told you about what would have happened in What If... What if you never became the big bad guy?

well, the cheaply dubbed leaks of The Quantum Loop already had that covered. Side note, seriously, Why did they dub over my voice like that? I don't sound like a Japanese batman, right? You're literally hearing my voice right now... I don't sound like that. None of the characters do, not in real life. I dunno, to me.... it just sounds like bad actors reading a terrible script. but anyway... 

You weren't listening, Slate, and last time you weren't paying attention you lost an eye... Should I take an ear next? Maybe I'll just give you mine, since you don't seem to see the picture I have painted for you. 

So lets not talk about the past anymore... lets not talk about that cheeky rollup you snuck on me in that Aftermath... We've already covered it. What we can talk about though, is the result of that? Ann Arctica coming in my locker room to comfort me with fruit rollups and thus making her return to CMV. Well, we all know how fast Ann came in my locker room, and the result of all of that was, is, and will be a little future baby Quantum down the road. So, Slate.. I have to say thank you. Thank you for granting me the opportunity to see my wife pregnant before 2k22. You have given me an opportunity I may have never had otherwise... so I must thank you. 

How....ever...." there's always another side to the coin and the crowd was waiting for it. "No spoilers, NDA and all.... but due to 2k20 being a disaster... due to the loop.... honestly due to me saving all of your lives and never getting a thank you... I regretfully have to inform each of you...  This loop back to 2k19 from 2k20... and bringing all of you with me.... that was to be my last leap. This epic rebooted year will be my final. I cannot return in 2k22.

The arena is deflated. 

"I tried to delay 2k22... several times, trust me. 

Why? Because I wanted to survive just a little longer...i Understand that this meant Cobalt Ketchup would be stuck back in 2k20 just a little longer also... but I wanted to see one thing, Slate. I wanted to see my kid born. That's the honest truth. And I won't be able to... and that is honestly breaking my heart...." Quantum has a real, rare moment of vulnerability and lets it last for 3 whole seconds. 

"I wanted to leave a Legacy for CMV, and I hope I did that. I learned my lesson, that going to the past and stealing Xander Slate's briefcase from 2k15 kills CMV...  so I fixed that issue. I LET you.. Slate.. I LET you do everything you have ever done since that moment... just by not doing it. Let that sink in... and then realize how important that loop really is... 

Because I wanted to leave a legacy. I knew my 10 year contract would be coming to an end, I just didn't think it would end this way. I wish I could see the look on every one of your faces when you realize just exactly why... I have the most wins in history... ever. All history... but again, no spoilers. But this TLC match with you Slate? You think the outcome of this match changes that... nope. 

You think taking out my brothers changes anything about me? Sorry again, but No.  I said my goodbyes to them a long time ago... and they left me on 'read' so.... they can respond at their convenience and I guess I just won't be get to be around to give them the same regard. 

But now, Xander? I get my chance to say goodbye to you and you will hear me. I'm thankful you gave Ann and I this opportunity. I'm pist that I'll never get to see the end result. And for that.... I want to give you a gift...

I'm gonna do my best to make sure Bob Luger is also unable to return in 2k22... that's a given...

Quantum sets the briefcase in the middle of the ring and spins the locking mechanisms till they click in place. He flicks the hinges and opens the top to reveals 10x10 row and columns of glass eye balls. 

"But Xander Slate.... you think that I am gonna buy you a new eye? Lul... sure... take your pick. Pick two, actually.... because if I won't be able to see my child in the future... you won't be able to be seeing....  well, anything in 2k22 really.... 

That's Unfortunate....

He drops the mic and bounces out. 
RiftedEnergy
RiftedEnergy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down