Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Why Do You Fight? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Why Do You Fight? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Why Do You Fight? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Why Do You Fight? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Why Do You Fight? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Why Do You Fight? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Why Do You Fight? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Why Do You Fight? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Why Do You Fight? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Why Do You Fight? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Why Do You Fight?

Go down

Why Do You Fight? Empty Why Do You Fight?

Post by Shay UA Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:50 am

Bloodsport is tomorrow. Tonight, Shay Hoxton overlooks Buffalo, New York from the roof of the hotel he’s staying at. Hoxton takes in the night life of the city, the black of the sky contrasted by the light of the ground, watching both the people and the stars. One move frantically, no rest, the other completely set in place, stationary above all else. Funny how one picture can differ so much.

Then his eyes meet with the arena.

CMV Bloodsport! 12/19/22! Santos v Bullet! SnS v Harris & Colt! TED Defends Against Mystery Opponent! Come Early For Autographs With Justice Family!

In less than 24 hours, Shay Hoxton will team with one of the only men he considers an ally. One of the only men he considers a friend: Xander Slate. The SnS Connection, former CMV Tag Team Champions and a union dating back seven years, though more off than on in that light.

And they’ll be facing off against Cam Harris and Troy Colt; two of the men who led Octane in the year where Hoxton was locked behind bars. Harris, a workhorse from the NGW days who finally pushed far enough to get what he deserved, and Colt, a relative rookie who started in filth and rocketed to the moon at a speed only seen once before.

Only seen by Shay Hoxton, a man who’s start in CMV may have been slow yet effective, his start in wrestling was blinding. He was the reject in his developmental class, the last man called up to the main roster, a man betrayed by his own classmates like Jason Spade and Suraci. Despite all that, he demanded the spotlight, causing enough chaos to force eyes on him, and that attention led to him winning his first world championship within the year, before anyone else in his class.

He had so much fire back then, a hunger for success that’d consume anyone in his way. Hoxton had almost forgotten that feeling until Christmas Clash, when he felt that exact same hunger radiating from Troy Colt.

Hoxton’s hunger was fulfilled when he won the Undisputed Championship, the most important reign in his long and illustrious career. His fuel for revenge was fulfilled when he brought enough chaos into Harvey Hastings’s life to drive him to retirement, even though he lost in their final battle. His drive for power was fulfilled when he became the 47th President of the United States.

Maybe that’s why he couldn’t put away Colt. A man who couldn’t be put down vs a man who couldn’t keep going. In a way, the winner was obvious.

Why do I fight?

This is easily the most important question a wrestler can ask themselves. Their answer determines not just who they are, but their entire career.

And Shay doesn’t have an answer.

Maybe it was a mistake to escape prison. How long till The Company finds Hoxton useless, how long before they turn on him? Shay and Slate’s last moment together before this was a brutal betrayal on the former’s behalf. Maybe the only reason Slate went through all the effort to bring Hoxton back was to get his revenge. Maybe Hoxton’s walking into his match tomorrow with a target on his back. Maybe Hoxton needs to strike first to ensure his own survival. Maybe-

The door to the roof opens.

Hox!

Xander Slate enters the scene, two glasses of chardonnay in his hands.

Figured you’d be up here, you always did like looking down on the world! The team’s downstairs, whatcha doing?

Shay stares daggers at Slate. This snake thinks he can stab me in the back? He thinks he can play me? I’m already three steps ahead of you.

I’m just enjoying the view. You can see the arena from here.

Hoxton takes a step away from the edge and motions for Slate to join him, who does without hesitation.

You’re right, it is nice out here! Maybe we should move the meeting up here!

What a fool. Turning your back to the enemy. You think you can get me when you can’t even protect yourself? You’ll never beat me…

Wait, the Justices are signing autographs? Why would people want that?

As Slate says that, Hoxton’s eyes wander to the arena once again, and his paranoia is temporarily blocked out by the doubt he was feeling earlier. Slate hands Hoxton one of the glasses, who accepts it in the confusion.

As the two stand there in silence, alone with nothing but their thoughts, Hoxton speaks up.

Why do you fight?

What?

You know, why do you do this? It’s certainly not easy, so what pushes you? Why do you fight?

Slate answers quickly. He doesn’t hesitate, he doesn’t take time to formulate a script, he just speaks from his heart.

Because it makes me happy when I succeed. It makes me happy when the people I like succeed. It makes me happy when the people I don’t like fail. I remember before Ascendance 10, when Luger and I beat the shit out of Wolf. Seeing that asshole laid out in pain, and standing there with my man over him, there’s no better feeling in the world.

And I can’t wait to feel that way again when we kick Colt and Harris’s asses tomorrow.

A twisted smile appears on the one-eyed man’s face. A twisted smile, but a genuine one. Maybe he’s lost some of his talent in prison, but Hoxton fully believed every word Slate said. Hoxton trusted Slate.

Cheers!

The two clink their glasses and drink the wine. With a refreshing ah, Slate returns the favor.

What about you? Why do you fight?

Shay pauses for a moment, but it’s unnecessary. His mind is clear, and he has his answer.

Because I like it when people get what they deserve. I deserve to be on top. Troy Colt deserves to be at my feet, apologizing for embarrassing my name. You deserve to be happy, my friend, and if that means crushing everyone in front of us, then it’s their fault for standing in our way.

The Company deserves respect. TJ Black, he’s a record setting tag champion, he deserves respect. Anthony Kamron, he’s an upstart willing to do anything to get to the top, he deserves respect! Liz Carter, she threw away everything to become better, she deserves some respect!

Are you’re the man who put it all together. The true leader of The Company, and you deserve some goddamn respect.

Hoxton turns to Slate.

So let’s give the people a showing that they deserve. Cheers!

The two clink their glasses one more time with a hearty yell and down the rest of the wine as the scene fades to black.

Shay Hoxton | That's Not a Bet, It's a Guarantee |1x Undisputed Champion - 1x Anarchy Champion - 3x International Champion - 2x Unified Tag Team Champion (current) - 47th President of the United States of America | Michael Hawk | Scottrisha TuTorial | Cinderelle | 1x Undisputed Champion - 1x Internet Champion - 1x Pure Champion | Danger Cat | 1x World Tag Team Champion - 1x International Champion - 1x Internet Champion | The Ozekai |1x Internet Champion | Janet Torre | Cleaning Up the Women's Division | 2x Women's World Champion - 1x Women's Tag Team Champion - 1x Women's Hardcore Champion | Second Ever Triple Threat Champion | First Ever Woman to Hold Every Title in the Division at Once | Mystery Mask III | Spin Spin Spin Win Win Win | 2x Zero G Champion - 2x Internet Champion

Breakout Star of the Year 2018 - Promo of the Year 2019
Shay UA
Shay UA
Rising Star
Rising Star

Humor : Dark

Back to top Go down