Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
The Outcast vs The Boss Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
The Outcast vs The Boss Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
The Outcast vs The Boss Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
The Outcast vs The Boss Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
The Outcast vs The Boss Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
The Outcast vs The Boss Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
The Outcast vs The Boss Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
The Outcast vs The Boss Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
The Outcast vs The Boss Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
The Outcast vs The Boss Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

The Outcast vs The Boss

Go down

The Outcast vs The Boss Empty The Outcast vs The Boss

Post by krzy Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:24 pm

The cameras are following Brett Angel as he walks down the cavernous hallways inside of this area that is housing this much-anticipated Cause & Effect event.

Angel is proudly wearing his "Angel is UnMatched t-shirt" and is drawing a wide array of looks from various members of both the Fusion and Genesis roster. From looks of envy to disgust to humor to apathy, Angel has certainly established himself as a polarizing figure.

He smirks and winks at a couple of them without breaking stride-he's got places to be. He turns a corner, and, after a couple of steps, he finds himself in front of General Manager Dave Turner's office.

The live crowd watching this all play out are buzzing dying to see what's bound to be an explosive confrontation between the two considering all that's played out since Angel found himself on the Genesis roster.

Angel raises his fist up to the door ready to knock, then thinks twice about it. Instead of giving Turner any semblance of courtesy, he's going to barge right in. He reaches for the door handle...and it swings wide open--now Turner and Angel are locking eyes!

Neither man moves. Neither man says a word.

The tension is palpable, and Angel doesn't do a whole lot to diffuse the situation when he knocks the door all the way open. He brushes shoulders with Turner doesn't as he invites himself into the office. Angel plops himself down in a seat never looking back once at Turner. In response, Turner slams the door shut, but the action doesn't even get so much of a flinch from Angel.

Turner is the one who breaks the silence.

Funny.

You had so much to say before.

He regards Angel for a moment while leaning against the door.

You've got a lot of nerve, you know that?

I brought you here, despite your reputation. Gave you a home when UnMatched gave up on you.

And this is how I'm repaid.

Turner begins walking over to his desk, approaching Angel slowly.

And for what?

Because I called you a nobody?

You've gone to such lengths to make a mockery of me and my show because of a harmless comment?

Angel's spine goes stiff, his voice raspy.

Harmless?

Turner smirks.

Ah. So you do speak.

His composure regained, Angel leans back in his chair--his expression cold. Turner walks behind his desk--that chunk of wood being the only thing between them...we're things to go south.

There's a short list of people in CMV as a whole you can get away with what you have, Brett. Let's establish that fact from the start.

The list of those who gave as much as I have is even shorter.

Oh?

Yeah. Most just do the bare minimum to get into the hall of fame then call it quits.

Turner clenches his jaw, using every bit of his self-control to bite back his immediate response.

This isn't about me or my career, Brett. It's about you throwing your career away because you feel you were wronged.

Angel sits forward in his chair ready to argue that, but Turner holds up a hand to cut him off before he even begins.

And you're certainly justified in feeling however you do feel. But what you need to understand now, Brett, is that you're in a different place. You've had the opportunity to start fresh, but you refuse to let go of the past.

A past that, frankly, means nothing to me if it comes at the cost of sabotaging my present-day show. I wish it didn't gave to come to me freezing your checks, whether or not you need the money, but I can't have you running rogue doing whatever you see fit--not while you're a member of my show.

Turner pauses for a moment, giving Angel a second to interject, but Angel chooses to remain silent.

It's time to be professional about all of this and get back to business as usual.

Brett, you're going to be there at Genesis, and you wil wrestle. Against who, I don't know, but it's due time you start doing what you're paid to do--what it's written in your contract that you're supposed to do.

I don't want things to get messy. I don't care how much money you've saved, Brett. Lawyers aren't cheap.

That a lot threat...boss?

I need you to say that you're done acting out, and that you'll be there on Friday.

Seconds go by as the two men stare each other down, but Angel doesn't respond...directly challenging Turner's authority.

Turner takes a deep breath.

I need your word that you'll work with me and move past this. We don't need to be friends. We just need to be able to do business, so I can run my show with one less headache. Can you do me that favor?

Once more silence fills the air as Angel opts to not answer a question. In a burst of anger, Turner slams the palms of both hands on the desk.

ANSWER ME!

Instead of any kind of verbal response, Angel instead reaches into his pocket and pulls out a piece of paper. Turner puts out his hand to accept it, but Angel instead places it on the desk.

After a moment, Turner snatches it up and scans whatever is written on it.

And just what the hell is this?

My demands.

Your--

Turner's words trails off as he chuckles in disbelief at the audacity of Angel. Turner rips up the paper

I'm the boss! You don't make demands!

Angel pops out of his seat and now the two are so close that their noses are almost touching.

And I'm the cash cow.

You need Genesis a hell of a lot more than this company needs you.

Now it's Angel who's chuckling.

Look how UnMatched is scrambling to fill the void I left. Look how much they've had to scrape from the bottom the barrel, but they know that nothing will ever compare.

Who will you have when I'm gone, huh? Tim's never coming back. Frank will never toe the company line. And if you had faith in Bob, to be the face of this brand, I wouldn't be there.

That's not--

Don't worry, boss. I know you have to play nice while he's still champ.

While he's still champ.

Because nothing will hurt you more than seeing me as a champion on your show. So that's my new goal, and everyone who crosses paths with me on the way there won't leave the match the same way.

I'll be there on Genesis...but, unless you want each match to end with a disqualification, then you'll take care to read those demands.

Turner leans forward.

Don't. Test. Me.

Angel drops his voice so low that his words come out in almost a whisper.

Fire me.

There's a vein in Turner's neck that's throbbing. You can tell that he's so pissed that he's more than willing to take Angel up on that. But that part of him is at war with the business side that knows he just can't do that.

The resulting silence says all that needs to be said.

Without another word, Angel turns and leaves the office.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down