Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Old man is angry at star wars  (expect spoilers from now on) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Old man is angry at star wars  (expect spoilers from now on) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Old man is angry at star wars  (expect spoilers from now on) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Old man is angry at star wars  (expect spoilers from now on) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Old man is angry at star wars  (expect spoilers from now on) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Old man is angry at star wars  (expect spoilers from now on) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Old man is angry at star wars  (expect spoilers from now on) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Old man is angry at star wars  (expect spoilers from now on) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Old man is angry at star wars  (expect spoilers from now on) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Old man is angry at star wars  (expect spoilers from now on) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Old man is angry at star wars (expect spoilers from now on)

+8
Mr. Dashing
Batman
Maurie
HellishxHades
Miztacular
Childish Meltzer
Alveuss
Rage
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Old man is angry at star wars  (expect spoilers from now on) - Page 3 Empty Re: Old man is angry at star wars (expect spoilers from now on)

Post by Rage Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:26 am

Nice title change. Made out of much love and respect I'm sure. Feels great to be so loved. Also this movie sucks, I think you'll all realize that after the hype is over.

And yeah, killing off Snoke and Luke was a dumb move, yet Leia lives because the force is female.

Rage
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Old man is angry at star wars  (expect spoilers from now on) - Page 3 Empty Re: Old man is angry at star wars (expect spoilers from now on)

Post by HellishxHades Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Dude. I hate star wars, and it wasn't a bad movie.
HellishxHades
HellishxHades
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Solaris Arc Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Road Warrior Rage wrote:Nice title change. Made out of much love and respect I'm sure. Feels great to be so loved. Also this movie sucks, I think you'll all realize that after the hype is over.

And yeah, killing off Snoke and Luke was a dumb move, yet Leia lives because the force is female.

Luke ultimately had to die during this trilogy. Thats how playing Master works in these films.

At least he went out like Obiwan and Yoda and not like Qui-Gon Him.

As for Snoke's death, I personally found that intriguing. Their willingness to kill off the Emperor before he becomes a threat helps to show how much of a sociopath Kylo is (even tho he's still an angsty homicidal brat). At this point, there is no saving Kylo. Neither Dark nor Light can control him and chances are the final film is where that comes into play.

Plus, Snoke's sudden death also means that anyone can be randomly killed off, which is how a character death should work.
Solaris Arc
Solaris Arc
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:40 pm

Solaris Arc wrote:
Road Warrior Rage wrote:Nice title change. Made out of much love and respect I'm sure. Feels great to be so loved. Also this movie sucks, I think you'll all realize that after the hype is over.

Luke ultimately had to die during this trilogy. Thats how playing Master works in these films.

At least he went out like Obiwan and Yoda and not like Qui-Gon Him.

As for Snoke's death, I personally found that intriguing. Their willingness to kill off the Emperor before he becomes a threat helps to show how much of a sociopath Kylo is (even tho he's still an angsty homicidal brat). At this point, there is no saving Kylo. Neither Dark nor Light can control him and chances are the final film is where that comes into play.

Plus, Snoke's sudden death also means that anyone can be randomly killed off, which is how a character death should work.

It's a convoluted, muddled mess of meandering plotlines in which the emotional anchor is a fanfiction-esque pseudo-romance between a Mary Sue and a hilariously edgy neo-nazi. It doesn't work as a "smart film" since the core themes set up earlier in the story are devalued by the end (i.e. "let the past die to be replaced by the future", but the future is functionally identical to the past, replete with rebels, empire, x-wings, Jedi, etc.), and it also doesn't work as dumb popcorn entertainment since it drags on for so long at so slow a pace. The only true height of the film is the scene where they fight the (literally) faceless red guys, which itself feels like an echo of the backhanded compliments the prequels received, e.g. the movie was shit but the lightsaber duel with the red guy was cool.

Rage
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by "The Mad Oyster" Hardline Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Just saying that killing off Snoke was so stupid, cause now if they bring the dark lightsaber in the next movie, then it will be the little drama queen of a brat Kylo using it. And I think Snokes secret identity was really important in this trilogy, ever since he showed up in TFA, everyone was making theories on who he was, he could have been Mace Windu, Palpatine, freaking Darth Plageius, or hell even Anakins father since we never had that revealed. But nope, the director didn't want any of the Prequel characters in this trilogy, because I guess he thought it wouldn't be a good reveal. "Ok guys, I know Snoke was hyped up like a motherfuker in TFA, but I just ain't feeling him as a good villain anymore, so let's make that crybaby Kylo Ren, which no one gave a shit about, and that's played by a nobody actor, the main villain."
God I deserve to be with Nostalgia Critic
Old man is angry at star wars  (expect spoilers from now on) - Page 3 67-8
"The Mad Oyster" Hardline
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : When someone takes a shot at me,and doesn't expect me to fight back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:48 pm

HardlineOyster wrote:Just saying that killing off Snoke was so stupid, cause now if they bring the dark lightsaber in the next movie, then it will be the little drama queen of a brat Kylo using it. And I think Snokes secret identity was really important in this trilogy, ever since he showed up in TFA, everyone was making theories on who he was, he could have been Mace Windu, Palpatine, freaking Darth Plageius, or hell even Anakins father since we never had that revealed. But nope, the director didn't want any of the Prequel characters in this trilogy, because I guess he thought it wouldn't be a good reveal. "Ok guys, I know Snoke was hyped up like a motherfuker in TFA, but I just ain't feeling him as a good villain anymore, so let's make that crybaby Kylo Ren, which no one gave a shit about, and that's played by a nobody actor, the main villain."
God I deserve to be with Nostalgia Critic

I really wish Snoke was Darth Plagues or even Mace Windu. But he was nobody as was Rey's parents. That's just lazy writing. I love backstory even if it just a flash back scene.

Rage
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dashing Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Lol people claiming to be Star Wars fans but then crying when things are left unexplained/there are cliffhangers knowing that it's a trilogy and will more than likely be explained in the ninth movie. That's how Stars Wars has always worked, they're not going to tell you everything in one movie, THAT would be lazy. Literally didn't know who Fett was for what, twenty years. Then we got his story in the prequels. Plus, don't act like Kylo isn't the big bad, Smoke was background noise, and I love that Kylo killed him like he did.
Mr. Dashing
Mr. Dashing
Admin
Admin

Humor : Knock knock!

https://communityuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Mr. Dashing wrote:Lol people claiming to be Star Wars fans but then crying when things are left unexplained/there are cliffhangers knowing that it's a trilogy and will more than likely be explained in the ninth movie. That's how Stars Wars has always worked, they're not going to tell you everything in one movie, THAT would be lazy. Literally didn't know who Fett was for what, twenty years. Then we got his story in the prequels. Plus, don't act like Kylo isn't the big bad, Smoke was background noise, and I love that Kylo killed him like he did.

Did "they" ever explain how or why Luke's saber was recovered? Get real man. They aren't gonna explain shit unless it's in a comic or novel.

Rage
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dashing Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:10 pm

I mean they made a whole movie to explain how they got the Death Star plans it's not impossible. And even such, I personally don't need everything explained to me, leaving some things open to interpretation is great.
Mr. Dashing
Mr. Dashing
Admin
Admin

Humor : Knock knock!

https://communityuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by "The Mad Oyster" Hardline Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:12 pm

ok I just noticed what I just said makes it look like I have a problem with Kylo, it's not though I like his character. I just don't like the actor that played him, cause I didn't at any time feel bad or sorry for him. Literally out of all the actors they could have got for Kylo, they chose whatever the hell that is playing him.
Old man is angry at star wars  (expect spoilers from now on) - Page 3 67-8
"The Mad Oyster" Hardline
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : When someone takes a shot at me,and doesn't expect me to fight back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alveuss Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:39 pm

Road Warrior Rage wrote:Nice title change. Made out of much love and respect I'm sure. Feels great to be so loved.

Na no love or respect, you're old and complaining about star wars so just calling a spade a spade. Hey though us sad, scared, jealous virgins gotta get our shots in where we can!
Alveuss
Alveuss
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Childish Meltzer Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Rose tho I love you
Childish Meltzer
Childish Meltzer
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next