Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
LEO. CRUZ. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
LEO. CRUZ. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
LEO. CRUZ. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
LEO. CRUZ. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
LEO. CRUZ. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
LEO. CRUZ. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
LEO. CRUZ. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
LEO. CRUZ. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
LEO. CRUZ. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
LEO. CRUZ. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

LEO. CRUZ.

Go down

LEO. CRUZ. Empty LEO. CRUZ.

Post by krzy Fri May 04, 2018 7:43 pm

And here we go!

The moment the fans have ALL been waiting for is here. The thousands of people absolutely packed into the building all rise to their feet, clapping, whooping and hollering in a frenzy of excitement that they don’t even bother to contain. This right there is the moment that they paid to see -- about to make his entrance is part of the reason why this arena is boasting record-breaking ticket sales. The cameras do a quick sweep of the arena to give the fans at home a taste of this atmosphere, and you can’t even go a centimeter in either direction without either seeing a “LEO CRUZ” sign or spotting a child wearing a Leo Cruz mask.

They’re everywhere you look! And they’re not all just his countrymen.
These are people of all shapes, sizes and colors, who have come out here in droves to the aftermath of Takeover to celebrate a moment they only dared imagine in their wildest dreams: Leo Cruz main eventing Implosion.

Cole Savage dances his way onto the stage, his music providing a contagious rhythm that it’s impossible to stay still to. In his hands he’s waving around a Mexican flag with Leo Cruz’ face plastered right in the middle of it, and just the image of the Royal Rumble winner is enough to spark another burst of deafening cheers. Savage is all smiles, his laughter somehow heard even over the crowd and music. He sets the flag down so that he can pull a microphone out of his pocket, but any chance of being able to speak is dashed as the people join together in an awe-inspiring symphony of support to chant “LEO CRUZ” at the top of their lungs.

And they can do it without shame.

Without embarrassment.

Without risk of ridicule for daring to believe in the underdog. All their faith and support have played a role in bringing Leo Cruz one match away from finally achieving his dream of being a World Champion. A minute goes by, and then two. And then three.

‘‘LEO CRUZ”

“LEO CRUZ”

“LEO CRUZ”

“LEO CRUZ”

“LEO CRUZ”

Over and over and over and over again, with everything that they have and even after their throats have gone sore and their voices threaten to abandon them. Eventually, Savage has to show them some mercy, half-lifitng his right hand in the air to signal that it’s okay for them to stop -- Leo Cruz isn’t going anywhere, and when they wake up tomorrow, and the day after that, he will still be the Royal Rumble winner.

The noise finally begins to die down, though the more rambunctious of those attending the show pepper in a few more bursts of applause. However, complete silence is a pipe dream. Even now, at the crowd’s quietest as they wait for Savage to speak, they’re buzzing and crackling with energy sourced by this newfound excitement, an enerygy that leaves some unable to even sit. Savage smirks and raises the microphone up to his lips, finally ready to bless this crowd with a sermon. That is until, white noise fills the titantron and a video begins to play.

To be specific, it’s a video of him, a few weeks ago speaking from the heart in deliverance of a passionate monologue.

Cole Savage wrote:And just like that, all the pieces are starting to come together.

Just like THAT the future is becoming a little more set in stone.

Last night you all watched and bore witness as LEO CRUZ beat out five other men and EARNED the right to main event Implosion. That's right, we're already looking past the rumble, because there shouldn't be a doubt in ANYONE'S mind that being the thirtieth entrant doesn't guarantee that Leo Cruz will win the whole shebang!

Those other twenty nine men will be so tired and worn out that they'll be easy pickings for a man who's STARVING for the chance to be at the top of the dog pile. Hell, even those precious few seconds that will separate him and the twenty-ninth entrant will provide enough of an advantage for Leo Cruz to take advantage of.

Savage nods in agreement, even gives himself a mini applause for speaking the truth. He again lifts the mic so that he can speak, but another replay cuts him off.

Cole Savage wrote:The difference between then and now is that I don't want there to be any surprises.

I don't want people to say that Leo Cruz winning the Royal Rumble was a fluke.

What I want is for you to get used to the idea.

Accept it.

Embrace it.

Leo Cruz WILL win the Royal Rumble.

Leo Cruz WILL main event Implosion.

And in a moment YEARS in the making, Leo Cruz WILL be a world champion.

The crowd bursts into applause once more, Savage’s motivational words having an packing an even bigger punch in hindsight. Everything he’s said has come to be so far, and now there’s no reason no to believe the future, Implosion, won’t play out exactly the way he says it will.

There’s no reason not to believe in Leo Cruz.

For the third time Savage looks to be ready to speak in real time, but a replay of a previous promo does the talking for him. Luckily, Cole Savage is the only man who Cole Savage would allow to interrupt Cole Savage.

Cole Savage wrote:That’s right, YEARS! Or have you all not realized how quickly time flies? Have you all lost track of all the times Leo Cruz is passed up, ignored, because some flashy kid rolls up then burns out. Leo Cruz has been here for YEARS and the powers that be are so quick to pepper in their “next times” and “we’ll take it into considerations” yet he’s ALWAYS the first name forgotten when it comes time to determine who will take the reigns as the face of the company.

I’m sick of it.

I’m sick and tired of LEO CRUZ being treated like an afterthought. I’m sick and tired of LEO CRUZ being the picture perfect representative of this loyalty to UnMatched that’s always preached, and nothing ever comes of it. LEO CRUZ will go down in the hall of fame, or I’ll die trying to make that happen. That’s where the line has been drawn.

How can you have the most exciting, the most athletic, the most impressive, transcendent talent to ever bless the ring, and turn a blind eye? I don’t get it, and trying to wrap my head around the way this brand is supposed to work is giving me a headache and more grey hairs than I’d care to have.

[Savage chuckles as he runs a hand over his shaved head then uses the same hand to removes the sunglasses from his face in a smooth motion. There’s a huge smile on his face, as he continues to soak in the adoration of the crowd.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Couldn’t have planned it out any better myself.

What better way than for LEO CRUZ to be crowned and officially recognized as the very best in this company than to win in the main event of Implosion?

I told you this day would come.

I told you that it was only a matter of time.

My only regret is that it’s not DSD waiting for us at the end of that tunnel. I would have loved nothing more than to get revenge for last year’s Implosion AND coronate Leo Cruz on the same night. Alas, some things aren’t meant to be. You’ll have to forgive me in my old age ‘cause I went and forgot that there’s not a more  iconic pairing than D’Angelo St. Daniels and DSD choking away his Implosion main event match. Stay tuned next year to see if he goes for the trifecta.

Sunshine wouldn’t have been a bad consolation prize either. After all, it was that match against him that set off the chain of events which cemented the thoughts in management’s mind that Leo Cruz can’t be a star in CMV. That night set into motion months of building his career back up from scratch until we got to where we are today.

With DSD and Sunshine canceling each other out in their mediocrity, we’re left with option C. And all of a sudden they’re trying to change the narrative. Let’s make one thing clear: I don’t care who the champion is. I don’t care if there’s a champion. If the Main Event of Implosion ends up being an hour-long celebration  where Leo Cruz is awarded the vacant championship, then so be it. We did the hard part. Leo Cruz earned that title match. The easy part is what comes next.

The titantron once more queues up a replay, this time of the very first meeting between Leo Cruz and Cole Savage nearly three years ago.

Cole Savage wrote:I will make them sit up and take notice. I will make the world perk up and listen when I tell them that you are the future of this industry. I will get you a spot reserved in the hall of fame because when all is said and done you will be in a league of your own.
--
You shake my hand and any title you set your eyes on will be yours. Shake my hand, Leo, and this company is yours for the taking.

The scene fades on the image of Cruz and Savage shaking hands -- essentially buckling the seatbelts that would hold them in place during their wild ride.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

LEO. CRUZ. Empty Re: LEO. CRUZ.

Post by krzy Wed May 16, 2018 12:47 pm

UnMatched goes live to the sight of Cole Savage standing outside in front of the arena. Behind him, Leo Cruz is swarmed by fans who are excitedly getting the Royal Rumble winner to take pictures and sign autographs. Many are visably of Mexican descent, but more than enough look to come from all parts of the world--enough to show that Leo Cruz' appeal transcends cultural barriers to give him an appeal that has spread throughout the fanbase.

Savage looks over his shoulder taking in the image of his first client soaking in and basking in the adoration of these people. Savage turns to look at the camera, the microphone clipped to his shirt allowing his voice to be picked up over the commotion going on behind him.

Sinister.

The satisfied smirk that was on Savage's face only a second before, dissipates before our eyes, replaced with a frown magnified by the wrinkles on his face. Savage spit out the name as if just saying it was beneath him, and he might as well pull out a handkerchief to dab away at the aftertaste the name must have left behind.

You've got some nerve.

Savage growls out the sentence, doing what he can to appear calm on the surface while pure rage bubbles beneath the surface like magma on the verge of being expelled from a volcano. He takes a deep breath, his piercing, unwavering stare never shifting as though he could see Sinister watching from the other side. The other side. Fitting. As that's where Savage wants to send him based on his expression of pure contempt.

I want you to understand something: there was a time where you could have been considered the next big thing. There was a time where it could have been argued that you were one or two big wins away from becoming a household name in CMV, a staple. Not anymore. That time ended two weeks ago when you had the audacity to lay a finger on your Royal Rumble winner, on your FUTURE World Champion, Leo Cruz. And now, your time is just about up. Who the HELL do you think you are? You risked injuring him weeks before the biggest match of his career at the biggest show of the year. And for what? Because you were upset? Because you claim you were never "technically" eliminated from the Rumble? Well I don't give a damn!

All that matters is that at the end of the night it was LEO CRUZ who was the last man left standing. You had your chance, and you blew it!

Savage takes in a deep breath and holds it before letting the air free in a long, exasperated sigh.

Tell me something, Sinister, what did you expect would happen? Let's try to get into your head a little bit. What, Leo Cruz gets hurt, can't make Implosion, so you swoop in like a hero to valiantly fight in his place as the "uncrowned" winner of the Royal Rumble? You've gotta be out of your mind! What kind of monster do you have to be to rip away someone's chances at main eventing Implosion? You've gotta be, cold, calculating, ruthless, five steps ahead of the other man to pull something like that off. The heist of the century they'd call it.

Savage gives the camera a sly look.

Unfortunately, Sinister, you are none of those things, or you MIGHT have succeeded. But you're not. So you failed. You've failed, and now you have no one to blame but yourself when you face the consequences. And there WILL be consequences. We don't let things like that slide under normal circumstances, but now with the stakes as high as they are? Well, you better pray that there's enough left of you to find work on another show. We're going to have to make an example out of you, because it seems I didn't make myself clear enough: Leo. Cruz. Is. Your. Next. World. Champion. And I'm not letting anything or anyone get in the way of that. Since everyone is so hard of hearing, we're going to have to do a visual demonstration, and you'll be exhibits A through Z of why you don't cross someone who has friends in high places.

Savage smirks as dark though crosses his mind, wild plans of what exactly he could do and have done to Sinister in retribution for his heinous attack.

If I had a mind to, this could have all been handled already, behind the scenes, with as little a mess made as possible. But I'm a fair man; at least I'd like to think so, anyways. I'm sure there's a long list of ex-enemies who would say otherwise. Still, I'm going to at least give you a chance to fight back inside of the ring. After all, that's the gentlemen's way of handling business, no?

There's a pay per view coming up, Sinister, and I want you there. I want you to fight and show the world why it should have been you who won the Royal Rumble. Why it should be you fighting for the most precious prize in the industry. And then I'm going to have the flames of hope snuffed out when I have you put down.

I don't need pariahs coming out of the woodwork saying they have a claim to the throne. I don't need there to be any doubt Leo Cruz earned and deserves his shot at the title. The doubt starts and ends with you. Though, this Sunday is your shot to prove me wrong. You have a shot to shock the world and get your name in the conversation. You could win and all of a sudden people will start wondering if it should be you in the match, if you should be the wrestler a three count away from making history. In one fell swoop I'd be discredited and labeled a false prophet. What a hit that would be to me and everything I stand for. I would never be able to rebuild, and you'd be hailed as the dragonslayer, the one who put down the big, bad Cole Savage for good.

Savage shrugs.

It's a shame miracles are a myth.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:55 pm

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:10 am

A dream crushed.

A career goal gone unfulfilled.

A bitter taste left behind.

That must be the state Leo Cruz is in after his defeat, as cameras follow his long walk through the hallways flanked by Kurasuke and 'Ice' Cole Savage on either side of him, Marcus Akane a few steps behind. The group stops as famed CMV interviewer Guy. approaches them in the hopes of getting a few words about the main event loss while the emotions are still raw.

Guy.: Um, Ice...Cole...Mr. Savage...

Savage: Come on, Guy.; let's drop the formalities! We're friends, aren't we?

Guy.: Are we? I think this is actually the first time we've spoken to each other.

Savage: Semantics, because I don't let just anyone interview me. I bet you have a thousand questions burning the tip of your tongue, go ahead and ask them: don't be shy!

Savage is oddly cheery considering what just happened and Guy. is rightfully apprehensive about actually asking the question, likely internally cursing whoever assigned him this interview subject.

Guy.: Well, the biggest question I'm sure that's on everyone's mind is how are you just feeling after that tough loss?

And there it is, the question, actually hearing it forces Savage to relive that moment again and the thin veneer cracks exposing what he's truly teeing. He pulls off his shades in a shift motion that started Guy. and makes him flinch, but Savage isn't angry, he's...he's sad.

Savage: We thought we had him. We thought it would be easy. We...we thought we'd win....

Savage pauses, unable to keep up the act going, struggling to keep a straight face. The pause grants Guy. a few precious seconds to put the pieces together.

Guy.: Oh my God...

Savage: Are you kidding me? Let me tell you how we're feeling, buddy! We're feeling like we proved what we set out to prove. Of course I would have loved nothing more than to stand here and say that LEO CRUZ is your brand spanking NEW Undisputed Champion, but sometimes things don't work out the way you planned.

But we still left a mark.

We still showed that LEO CRUZ can hang with the best of them. Here we stand in the fallout of the match, and now the tides are changing. Everyone who went into that match thinking LEO CRUZ was punching above his weight, he'd be dominated, singing that the match would be over in seconds, are realizing, after seeing just how close Tops Newsome came to losing it all, that Newsome didn't really win, he survived. And now, after thinking that match would be a walk in the park, he's praying that George King gets what he wants so that he gets an easier defense down the road.

Guy.: But what about what comes next for Leo Cruz? Where does he go from here?

Savage: We go back to the drawing board. From here we bust our asses so that the next time the title doesn't slip through his fingers. That's right, next time. If nothing else, we've learned from flirting with the main event picture that in the two plus years I've stood by LEO CRUZ' side, not much has changed. We're still constantly fighting against a management that doesn't want him to succeed.

Guy.: Are you sure this just isn't you trying to find ways to excuse the loss?

Savage: I'll answer your question with another one: how many times did LEO CRUZ main event after he won the royal rumble and the writing as on the wall for Implosion? I've got another: where was LEO CRUZ on the go home show? And another: why was LEO CRUZ' final match before his singles match at Implosion a tag team match tossed in no man's land?

Guy.: I...

Savage: Don't even bother because these are questions that have thrown me for a loop! I'm baffled Guy. I'm baffled, and I'm tired. It's been a never-ending battle against this company and their golden boys, and the utter dismissal, disregard and disrespect for the sacrifices that LEO CRUZ has made. Don't worry, though, Cole Savage doesn't give up. If this is rock bottom, then that's a-okay because we've been here before, and climbing out of that hole brought us to Implosion. We'll do it again and again and again until I get LEO CRUZ what I promised him: the World Championship.

Guy.: What about you, Akane? It looks like there's a foundation set for where Leo Cruz goes from here, so what will you do?

Akane steps toward the microphone to answer, but Savage cuts him off before he can get a word out.

Savage: Yeah, Marcus, why don't you tell our good friend what you've been plotting?

They exchange a look for long, tense seconds.

Savage: Yeah, I know. But I'm not gonna dissuade you or try to talk you out of it. You should know better than anyone why you shouldn't. If you still choose to pull the trigger, you deserve what comes next.

Savage smiles.

Savage: Great chat, Guy. We should do it again, thanks for having us.

Cruz, Savage and Kurasuke walk off.

Guy.: You're...welcome?

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:11 pm

After Leo Cruz' big win in the fallout of Implosion, Cole Savage disappears through a portal, courtesy of Kurasuke, and reappears in the skybox. Savage looks down below, an unreadable expression on his face. He places his left hand in his pocket, watching as Cruz celebrates his victory, the other hand on Kurasuke's shoulder.

You've been a good soldier. You've gone above and beyond time and time again. I gave you a purpose when you were wandering aimessly, now there's a clear path for you to walk down. Alone.

Savage takes his hand off of Kurasuke's shoulder. He pulls off his shades so that he can look at his partner in crime eye to mask lens.

But, before you go, I need one more favor.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:58 pm

Cole Savage is smoking a cigar while seated in his favorite chair in the skybox.

Allow me to repeat something:

"Friends of Cole Savage" is no more. I have one client, a singular focus: get LEO CRUZ a World Championship.

He takes another puff.

By any means necessary.

A chuckle is followed by an exhale of a thick cloud of smoke.

However, once this video ends, I'll hear word of my supposed clients on Ferocity and rumors of who I will take under my wing on Fusion.

I'll repeat then as I have now: LEO CRUZ is all that matters.

Beating Kevin Payne restarts the journey. I heard through the grapevine management was buttering him up for something big. I made sure to put the kibosh on that.

Savage sets down the cigar in the golden ashtray.

His manager is a prime example of the hacks trying to follow in my footsteps. So call last week's victory a two for one bargain. But see, I'm already looking to the future. I've got plans in place.

There's a flash of light. Kurasuke steps through a portal with Troy Voodoo draped over his shoulder. The masked man sets the body down at Savage's feet.

I've got the next victim lined up.

Some were thinking about a career resurgence for Mr. Voodoo. I think everyone should be a little more careful about who they say is next in line for the crown.

I will NOT hesitate to decapitate them.

By any means necessary.

Now get this piece of trash out of my sight.

Another flash of light, and Kurasuke returns from whence he came with Voodoo in tow. Savage takes a sip of his wine as the screen fades to black.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:18 am

Cole Savage has his hand clasped behind his head, feet crossed on his thick, oak desk as he watches a replay of Kurasuke's match against Troy Voodoo.

A final display of strength, for old time's sake. And in time you'll look back and see that the dissolution of the Friends of Cole Savage was an act of mercy. You're wel--

The office phone rings and interrupts Savage. He gives it an annoyed glance--if it were a person, he likely would have slapped it. Hell, he still might. Nonetheless, he picks it up.

Who are you, and how the hell did you get this number?

As he listens, the look of annoyance dissipates to be replaced by one of intrigue, and then amusement. Without giving the caller a reply, Savage hangs up then stands up, straightening his pants and shirt then reaching for his hat.

It seems ol' Johnny Boy would like to have a little chat.

Savage chuckles while he puts on his shades. He gleefully whistles Leo Cruz' theme song while he walks out of the room.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:55 am

The cameras cut away to Cole Savage in the skybox, drawing cheers from the live audience as they're blessed with a visual of CMV's living legend.

I've heard you! I've head you! For days, weeks even, I've had people asking, some on their knees, their knees, begging me to spill he beans on what went down in that meeting with Johnny Sampson.

And I've been silent. I know, I know, Cole Savage keeping his lips zipped tight?! Look up and you might see a pig fly! Open your ears and catch wind of the fucking hot lady singing! The world must be ending!

No, no, no...trust me. Everything I do is calculated and refined down to the final second. I wanted Mr. Sampson to be the one to say something. I wanted him to be the bearer of bad news. I wanted him to piss off the ENTIRE CMV Universe.

But it would appear that as tough as he may try to act, there are some things even he won't do.

So let me be the one to break the silence:

Apparently, Mr. Sampson took umbrage with the way LEO CRUZ made his way into the King of the Ring match. Yada Yada Yada "he should have been in the match himself" bada bing bada boom "you might be devilishly handsome, Cole, but you don't book the matches" -- I'm sure you all get the gist of it.

So now LEO CRUZ' future is in jeopardy! Some how it's my fault no one else is smart enough to have Friends in high place? For some reason LEO CRUZ is being punished for using every tool at his disposal.

But, you see, Johnny, I don't have many regrets as far as my tenure in CMV goes. Maybe I should have given what's his name a fighting chance in that steel cage; Maybe I should have had breakfast before defending against Elijah Stewart; Maybe I should have worn my one hundred and ONE percent Egyptian Cotton t-shirt against Schmitdy. One thing I know for certain, though, is that I shouldn't have let you embarrass LEO CRUZ all those years ago.

It's not something I've forgotten, and now I'm thinking it's time to right that wrong.

Since YOU have a problem with LEO CRUZ in that King of the Ring match, and YOU want to strip him of the opportunity Kurasuke worked damn hard to get him--well, I'm thinking it's only fair that YOU personally step into that ring and try to stop us.

Savage smirks as he points over to a poster hanging in his office, one advertising whatever the next pay per view name is, his message and intention clear. Now all that remains is to wait and see what Johnny Sampson has to say about this.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down