Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket

Go down

Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket Empty Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket

Post by krzy Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:09 pm

This is Todd.

Todd didn’t really want to be here right now.

Well, Todd specifically didn’t want to be here -- in this random hallway running errands -- when he could be doing more productive things with his time. Don't misunderstand, he's happy being in CMV; getting this internship will open up so many doors in his professional career, but, for the time being, the best he can add to his resúmé was “delivered important document to Triple H.”

At first, Todd was ecstatic. Less than a week into the job and he already got to meet the Game! Then he learned the COO was out doing COO things in preparation for the merge after CyberSlam.

Todd looked down at the brown envelope in his hand. CONFIDENTIAL stamped in big, bold letters on the outside of it. Whatever was inside was pretty light. Probably contracts for the company's next wave of hirings. Todd chuckled to himself. Imagine if he leaked it? He'd be a CMV forum legend.

He cleared the thought from his mind with a sharp shake of the head. No point getting himself blacklisted from the company. He turned a corner and was a couple of steps from Triple H's office when he noticed light peaking underneath the door.

Just his luck. Triple H was back! Maybe he could get an autograph or tell the COO that he hates Cyborg to get on his good side.

A few steps closer. Todd heard a voice.  

A male voice.

But it wasn't Triple H's.

ANGEL: I'm telling you baby girl, this is how Slate always wins. He gets in your head, under your skin. You close your eyes and you see him, cover your ears and still hear him.

I tried to play ball, you saw it, didn't you? Those two never tagged me back in, and it cost us.  I bet they didn't trust me. That's fair. Who knows what I would have done once I got my hands on Slate? Hell, it was probably the smart thing to do now that I think about it.

A pause.

ANGEL: I know you're there.

The words, accusatory and firm in delivery as though Angel were chiding a small child. Todd sheepishly walked into the room.

Empty.

The door slammed shut.

Todd shrieked. He spun around to find himself eye to chest with Angel.

Todd slowly lifted his head. Those cold, grey eyes were looking down at him. Angel bent over to retrieve the envelope Todd dropped without realizing. The intern opened his mouth to protest then shut it just as fast when Angel stroked the side of his face with that scarf, sharp ends of barbed wire threatening sensitive flesh.

Angel opened the envelope and shook his head as he examined the contents: the bracket for King of the Ring, merely waiting for Triple H to divulge the mystery competitor before finalizing it with his signature.

Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket OKB4oBr

ANGEL: Wow, good thing I stuck around, huh? This would have been a disaster if it went out like this.

Angel marked up the paper then held it away from his face to appreciate his handiwork: swapping his name with LaFave’s and Matthews’ with the mystery competitor.

Quick Adjustment to the KotR Bracket PhFln3D

ANGEL: Now this is a tournament we can all get excited for!

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down