Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
The Path Forward Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
The Path Forward Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
The Path Forward Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
The Path Forward Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
The Path Forward Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
The Path Forward Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
The Path Forward Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
The Path Forward Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
The Path Forward Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
The Path Forward Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

The Path Forward

3 posters

Go down

The Path Forward Empty The Path Forward

Post by krzy Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:19 pm

As Supremacy rolls on, we're treated to the sound of Brett Angel's theme for the second time tonight, and once more we can all lay eyes upon CMV's reigning International Champion.

The Outcast, one of the longest tenured wrestlers in the company, is hit with a strong mixed reaction as he moseys on to the stage. There are those who have followed him from day one. They've seen his struggle, they've empathized with his pain, they've sympathized with his loss, but they can't understand how he can walk lock step with the likes of Tailcoat Val as he's doing right now.

Then there are the fans who do get it, who do understand, who have felt the anger, the frustration and the helplessness, that can lead one down such a path and wished they too had a Tailcoat Val to offer a helping hand.

Notable in his absence is Subject: ZERO, and subsequently notable in his presence is Chreyon. The masked figure in all black trails behind with a lantern in hand, illuminating the path down the ramp on which Val and Angel walk.

The trio get into the ring. Angel and Val stand proudly in the middle, while Chreyon sits in the corner as if meditating.  

BRETT ANGEL
Holding the International Championship reminds me of the man I was...A man who was on the rise after nearly losing it all, just before a bitter, blood feud derailed my plans.

Winning the Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion will make me the man they said I could never be again. The very best, completely unmatched and unequalled in this ring.

But I've never been a tag team champion.

His grey eyes soften when he admits that as though he were revealing a damning secret.

BRETT ANGEL
From HALO to Brulé, I've had friendships I've cherished and those friendships crumbled in my hands, grains of sand slipping through my fingers. But at least having a championship reign or two would have validated the time spent and given me fond memories to look back on...

Val senses the sentimentality creeping into Angel's voice and snatches the microphone away from him.

TAILCOAT VAL
Chris Diamond.

Her voice is like ice. It cuts through everything and causes a hush to fall over the crowd.

TAILCOAT VAL
I'm sure you're wondering why you were invited to "enemy territory" tonight.

It's simple. The CMV Tag Team Championships have no holders, and for his role in ridding Crossfire of both Jacob Ziegler and the Global Champion, Brett Angel has the chance to become a tag team champion for the first time in his career.

And who better to defeat to accomplish that than you?

The way she so matter-of-factly says that resembles a prophecy more than a hypothetical.

TAILCOAT VAL
And why not disappoint your ally one more time in the process of trying to climb back up the mountain--while still failing to understand that you're on the wrong end of a slippery slope.

You've reached out to Dave Turner for help, for comfort, for companionship, without realizing he's ill equipped to pull you out of the six-foot hole you've unwittingly dug for yourself. When you stand across the ring from my Arsenal, and both see and feel just what allying yourself with me can do for you, I imagine you'll realize the only path toward success is the one I carve out for you.

Besides, how much longer do you think he'll tolerate you?

A touch of malice colors her words.

TAILCOAT VAL
Dave Turner came back after a celebrated career bookended with a Hall of Fame induction because his ego could not handle the fading star power that comes with putting this life behind you.

What have you done for him lately?

This match is your last chance to prove yourself useful, to both yourself and him. And when you fail him for the last time, I will be there to pick up the pieces.

And that's when Chris Diamond's music stops her from cutting any deeper…..

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Batman likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Path Forward Empty Re: The Path Forward

Post by WGW Diamond Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:55 pm

A previously unknown theme song to CMV plays throughout the arena, however the lettering of "Diamond" seen on the titantron are a dead giveaway as to who's coming out.

One half of the "Termination Foundation" that Val was just disrespecting waltz out onto the stage, microphone in his right hand.

The Brit stands on the stage for a solid ten seconds, simply taking in the applause of the crowd, his new theme song cuts out before he begins to address the upcoming Tag Title match.

Chris Diamond:
Well it's safe to say we know who the fan favourites are. Now how's about we get down to business hey Val? It's obvious that you're a pretty cutthroat business woman, but do you really think that silver tongue of yours will work on me? You can disrespect me all you want verbally, but mentally? That's a whole other story.

He begins to multi task as he begins to slowly walk down the ramp whilst still talking.

Chris Diamond:
Thing is Val, this ain't you vs me at Showdown at the Senate, Brett you'll be one of my opponents, and as much as I respect what you've done here in CMV, you're not winning Tag Gold at my expense. Brett Angel is a great singles star but like I just mentioned, he's never won Tag Gold and hell, he's never won a Tag Team Cup either, me and Turner have those accolades in the bag already, but we want Tag Gold once more.

As Diamond has been addressing Brett Angel, he's made it to the bottom of the ramp, however he stops just shy of the ring, as he does this we can see an almost Cheshire cat like grin take occupancy on his face, he knows that if he took one step in the ring he'd be mauled like Joseph Santos in a singles match, after all Diamond thought like Val and her minions once upon a time.

Chris Diamond:
I don't think anyone knows much about Subject: ZERO but he's obviously a threat in this match.

Now as for the last team in the match, you've been trying to tear me and Turner down this whole time but where's the mention of Schmidty and Dara? Have you already looked past them? As much as I dislike them, I know they're great wrestlers, and there's no chance in hell I'm looking past those two scavengers, I'm keeping eyes in the back of my head at all times because you never know when they could appear-

As if Diamond was secretly Quantum and could tell the future, Schmidty turns up to join in the festivities.

WGW Diamond
WGW Diamond
Jobber
Jobber

Humor : Seeing Quincey's Caws losing

Batman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sat May 01, 2021 7:06 pm

All of those who were present in the arena had their eyes on the Game Changer and Dara as they appeared on the tron. Dara shadows Schmidty with her arms crossed, looking menacingly past the camera as Schmidty's kissable lips begin to produce a golden stream of words.

Schmidty
Let's get one thing straight. While it's smart to have your eyes in the back of your head when it comes to me, it's not wise to disrespect me Diamond. Great wrestlers? I'll give that to Dara, but compared to me, she has much to learn. I'm not a great wrestler, I'm THE GREATEST professional wrestler on the planet today. I proved that when I walked out of the main event of Ascendance with the Global Championship. I proved that when I took over not one, but TWO shows in my time here. If you and your washed up tag team partner go into the Showdown matchup with the mindset that you'll be sharing the ring with just anybody then you have no hope of walking away with gold around your waist so listen up and listen up good. Nobody in or around that ring right now are anywhere NEAR my level. I'm a goddamn legend.

What about you though Brett? Do you think you can call yourself a legend? Look how far you've fallen. Out here looking like a homeless man wrestling for a slice of pizza. With Tailcoat Val? I haven't taken the time to learn your relationship because I was too busy PURGING an entire roster. But I'm here now and from what I can tell, you're trying to redeem yourself right? You want to be happy with your career when the sun settles on it but right now, you're not happy. You're afraid that you'll run out of time. I can tell. I can't relate though. One, because I ain't afraid of a damn thing, but also because I'm not a failure like you. Everywhere I go, people speak my name. Why is that you think? It's because in my time here in CMV, I have completely changed the game, many times. I've torn the house down, I have reigned over rosters, hell, I've even had my face stamped all over the arena. MY NAME MEANS EVERYTHING TO THIS COMPANY, but Brett Angel....Who? Cares.............

I understand that Dara and I could run down there to that ring right now and we could try to do what we do best, and give ourselves a good advantage this Sunday. Sure, Dave Turner and ZERO would be unscathed but, halving the playing field just seems very.....tempting. But as tempting as that is, temptation is an invitation to danger. I'm no idiot. So I will do one better. I didn't get this far in this company without thinking from outside the box all of you idiots seem to happily live in.

The camera pans from he and Dara to reveal two completely trashed vehicles.

Schmidty
I pay attention to things. Like what cars you pull up in. I know that transportation is a very important part of our career here in CMV. We are constantly traveling. It's much cheaper to drive ourselves which most of us do. But, unfortunately, sometimes, god strikes, and we are left with only one option......Flying.

He then holds up a paper sack filled with passports, which one can assume belongs to not only the ones in the ring, but considering her leadership, all of Val's puppets, including ZERO.

Schmidty
And to fly, we have these precious passports to secure our flights. But oh man, what if something happens to those?

He drops the sack in front of him while Dara reveals a small can of lighter fluid, and drenches the bag.

Schmidty
One sure can be lost without one. Sure, it's doable to replace these things, but man, the stress of doing so......it can be overwhelming enough to take ones eyes off the prize we all so seek.

He now holds a lit match in his hands as he tilts it, staring at the flickering flame.

Schmidty
Some say don't play with fire, but I have always embraced it.....hell, I see it every time I close my eyes. I've accepted my place in the flames long ago, but for now, I will expect my place in that ring, Sunday, with the tag team championships in my hands.

He drops the flame on the bag, watching the passports burn.

Schmidty
Dara and I will be well rested. And ready to walk out of Showdown at the Senate with GOLD around our waists. You lot, can do what you gotta do to prepare despite your current.......circumstances.........but it doesn't matter. When you step in the ring with the most dangerous man in CMV, you realize that there's not much you can do. As soon as that bell rings, I have already one any potential war. I'm just that damn good. Understand that now, and maybe you won't fall further than you will this Sunday. Maybe, just maybe, I'll even reach out my hand, Brett, Chris, and pull you up. Because from what I have seen, this show too, is in desperate need...........of a purge.
Batman
Batman
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : Tunnel Snakes Rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down