Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
CMV's Pre-Validation Media Scrum Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
CMV's Pre-Validation Media Scrum Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
CMV's Pre-Validation Media Scrum Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
CMV's Pre-Validation Media Scrum Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
CMV's Pre-Validation Media Scrum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
CMV's Pre-Validation Media Scrum Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
CMV's Pre-Validation Media Scrum Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
CMV's Pre-Validation Media Scrum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
CMV's Pre-Validation Media Scrum Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
CMV's Pre-Validation Media Scrum Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

CMV's Pre-Validation Media Scrum

Go down

CMV's Pre-Validation Media Scrum Empty CMV's Pre-Validation Media Scrum

Post by litw Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:39 pm

Just days away from one of the biggest nights in wrestling, CMV currently holds a press conference where the brightest stars of today answer BURNING questions ahead of the Validation payperview event. Tune in for what could be a final look at CMV as you know it.

Advertisements tend to talk things up. But this event wasn’t as exaggerated. The atmosphere currently seen in the media room is tense. A few people have spoken, while we still await to hear from some of the most beloved ones. Uncertainty surrounds everything. One of these media scrums happens pretty much every month, but none of the other payperviews have had the stakes Validation has. A fight between siblings sounds like a simple and otherwise futile thing, but the one we see here in CMV has led to injuries, will lead to even more, and maybe even alter the course of history. Jackson Wright’s past words about taking over and changing the landscape of this company echo through the minds of every reporter, every wrestler, every camera worker that walks around here. And we aren’t even in the arena.

In walks Violet Evans, followed behind by Otranto stablemate and one half of the Women’s Tag Team Champions, Yvonne Ivy. The host gives an introduction which Violet doesn’t seem very thrilled by. The focus this weekend is mostly on the main event, however the first ever women’s Tug of War has been getting its well earned buzz as well. Evans will step into the ring as part of Team Ellie Quinn, and despite not being the captain, she has a lot to say about this, as she usually does. Otranto isn’t in full formation tonight. Ivy and Violet, a lifelong duo, are here, while their protegé Beatriz Lótus is nowhere to be seen. She could be doing anything, really. You just never know with her. Validation will be a big night for Violet, even if she wishes she was challenging for the Women’s World Championship on Friday. She won’t have her teammates at her side, just like in her CMV debut nearly a year ago. But tonight she does have someone. The two sit at the main table and wait for the first question.

Interviewer 1
Jonathan Willson from Wrestling News Quarterly here. How does it feel to make history and be apart of the first ever women’s Tug of War match?

Violet Evans
It feels great. All the years that I pictured myself being up here. All the years me and Ive dreamt we would make it. It all led to this. It took work, it took taking things into my own hands… But here we are. Otranto came through the door making history, and we haven't slowed down. I have earned every single second I'll spend in that match, and you'll all see that when I dominate the competition this friday.

Interviewer 2
This is, uh, Michael Irving from the CMV Sidelines Podcast. So, on Shockwave you and Ashley lost to Nova and RVW. I’m wondering if that loss affected morale in Team Ellie Quinn by any chance?

Violet Evans
I was disappointed. That's the truth. We could have won that match if Riot had broken up the submission. But I was the one who lost. Look, whatever happened on Sunday has no effect on Friday. If anything, it lit another fire in all of us. I've had my differences with Ellie and Ashley before. I’ve grown to respect them. I like their new selves. Almas is someone I've always seen eye to eye with. I'd say we all think alike. That's why I joined the team.

Would I rather have Otranto there with me? Of course. But I believe Ellie chose the best people she could. I don't speak for all of us, but nothing has changed in my mind… The end goal is still the same and I'll still work as hard as I would've done before Shockwave

Interviewer 3
I’m Marie Drake from La Fonte Della Lotta, and my question… Well, it’s sort of two, one being for Ivy if that’s okay.

Yvonne Ivy
Oh, I didn’t expect to answer anything. Didn’t even get media training… But go ahead.

Interviewer 3
So, after you and Lótus reclaimed the tag titles you’ve just completely dominated the competition. Taking down Cage & Dynamite, Mina & Hakiko, even The Pillars after they managed to get the upper hand once. Do you see any other challengers on their way?

Yvonne Ivy
We’re doing what we would’ve done nonstop if our titles weren’t stolen. It was fun getting it back though. In my point of view there is no one left. And that was our goal. If anyone new pops up and wants a shot, we’ll be happy to defend these titles. A challenge would be great for once.

Interviewer 3
I like that. And, for the two of you, since we’ve mentioned the full team a few times- Lótus isn’t here; why is that?

Violet Evans
Bia and Ivy have had a pretty busy week. She's resting up. Ending undefeated streaks is kind of tiring, or so I've heard. I should've been the only one here, but someone really didn't want to let that happen. Regardless, we can handle it here tonight, she deserves a day off. Also I still owe her a tag match, so maybe it’s better if she isn’t here to remind me.

Yvonne Ivy
I’m here to support you, because I’m a great friend! I’m also a lot more entertaining.

Violet Evans
You said one thing, get over yourself.[center]

[center]Interviewer 4
Hey, it’s Tyson Smith from Talk News. Violet, with how poorly you’ve done lately compared to her continued success, wouldn’t Beatriz be a better fit for the match at Validation?

Violet Evans

Nice try. Well, I'd be very happy if she was in my place. With the way she's developed and really shown how good she can be, she definitely deserves to be in a spot like that. Even if she isn't as experienced to perform in that big of a stage yet. It'll happen one day. I'm excited for her blossoming. And while we are close to that, I don't want her jumping the shark- I'm more prepared right now.

And I know you tried to take a shot at me with that question, but Lótus doing better than me only shows that I was right about her. I always knew she'd be special. And under me and Ivy, THAT is how she broke that record. That is how she beat Amy Winters. She’s always been this talented, we just brought it all out of her. Your statement is a compliment, really.

Violet Evans
Any other questions?

They’ve gone over the allotted time already. Otranto (well, two thirds of it) gets notified of this and leaves. Media scrums are familiar to them. One of these was when Lótus and Ivy first appeared in CMV, after Battlescars 8. That day they were responsible for ending the entire event, but tonight’s show carries on, hopefully without any disturbances of the same nature. The night goes along well. Eventually, CMV Global Champion The Ted walks in, one of the last people slated to speak tonight. He is introduced by the host as he walks to his seat, looking around at the room and seeing some familiar faces. Ted has a stern look on his face, wearing a well tailored suit and holding the championship over his shoulder. Not too long ago the man was in LA for a celebration, at least that’s what the rumours say. But there is no celebratory mood shown here. He’s serious. That’s who he’s become.

Ted takes his seat and then looks around the room. The champion soaks this moment in. This Friday he steps into the massive Wright vs Wright Tug of War match on Madison’s side, fighting off The Company, composed of some of the most clever and power-hungry men in CMV, one of them being his own former best friend. A lot is at stake, just a few days from now. The Ted comes back to himself before the first question is asked.

Interviewer 1
Hey, Ted! Eric Hazard from Real Wrestling Worldwide. You attempted to help Joseph Santos during his match against Bob Luger on Octane, which didn't work. Santos didn't exactly appreciate the gesture. How do you feel about that?

The Ted
I understand his frustration. I wanted to come out there, a week after I was helplessly beaten down in that same ring, as a way to redeem myself. But I did it without consulting him- He truly didn’t need me. I ended up being a detriment and he was right in lashing out after the fact. Me and Santos share a lot of respect for each other and I hope that moment doesn’t change things. He’s very talented and I’m glad we are on the same side at Validation. So, I apologize to him and I wish we can turn things around before then.

Interviewer 2
Dominique Johnson from “Sports!” here- Over a year ago at Regicide you participated in the Tug of War match, resulting in a breakout moment as you eliminated four members of KLIQ in a row. Heading into Validation, what insight do you have from that experience?

The Ted
The Tug of War is all about endurance. Who can withstand the most pain while taking out as many people as possible. It was intimidating from the outside. When I went in and we were at a disadvantage, I threw all I had at them. Every new opponent that came in was a legend, someone who I aspired to be like, and I knew I had to beat them to do so. I looked for openings, I tired people out, I fought my damn hardest and I was able to do something rare. Eventually I ran out of gas. But I did all I could that day.

The interesting thing is that a part of me still feels as intimidated as I was the first time. Not because this atmosphere is new. This time the stakes are bigger. But I’ll continue to fight, the same way I always have.

Interviewer 3
Sam Rose from Circled Square Magazine here. It's an understatement to say that your team is made up of mismatches. The resistance against The Company has taken many forms, and a lot of very different people have united to fight against Jackson Wright. Do you think this inexperience as a unit, along with your moral differences and past rivalries could harm you?

The Ted
I’m not worried about that. Just last week on Octane; I was down and out, seconds away from being taken to the hospital, before Jason Spade helped me out. A man who, five minutes earlier, had made me tap out. Dante Tatum and Johnny Cloudcutter, the people who main evented Ascendance 10 against each other, were set to team up and challenge for the tag team championships yesterday. I know that ended up not happening, but it was about to. They were willing to do that. And I think that shows why I’m not worried about how all of us are different.

Last year I was in this match side by side with Hunter Quinn and The Agent, fighting against Bob Luger and Xander Slate. Now those four are united, battling against me and six others who all had their different paths to get here. People change. I’m confident that our team can do whatever is possible at Validation to fight back against all that has been going on. We can’t worry about what happened in the past. All that you can change is the future. Last question?

Interviewer 4
Molly Allison from Talk Wrestling. Ted, This match has huge implications. What do you see in the future of CMV after Validation?

The Ted
I think about that a lot. I guess that's to be expected. I truly don't know what can happen after Validation. If we can win, I don't think they'll go away that easily. Sure, their side will weaken, but they're still going to be around. And, hell, if they win, we all know CMV will never be the same. But there is one thing that will not change after Validation.

No matter what happens this Friday, I will still hold this Global Championship with me. They can have all the power they want. I will still be the face of Octane. I know they'll want to change that. And they can take this from my dead hands, because I am never letting go of it. As long as I am still standing on my own two feet, there is nothing ANYONE can do to take this away from me.

Validation. Friday. Tune in.

thanks quincey for helping with a bit of this ur the best <3

litw
Pleb
Pleb

Back to top Go down