Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Shanaz in his mind palace? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Shanaz in his mind palace? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Shanaz in his mind palace? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Shanaz in his mind palace? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Shanaz in his mind palace? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Shanaz in his mind palace? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Shanaz in his mind palace? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Shanaz in his mind palace? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Shanaz in his mind palace? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Shanaz in his mind palace? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Shanaz in his mind palace?

Go down

Shanaz in his mind palace? Empty Shanaz in his mind palace?

Post by DullChameleon Mon May 29, 2023 9:56 am

It is unclear if what follows is really happening, or if it is just happening inside the head of a man coming apart at the seams. I suppose it really doesn’t matter now though does it? After all, all work and no play makes Shanaz a dull boy.

The woods, ground mist. Shanaz, kneeling, chopping wood. A voice whistles the first line of “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star”, making Shanaz look around. He returns to his chopping.

Shanaz: Wha - ?

Shanaz feels among the wood, looks at his fingers.

Shanaz: Must’ve cut myself. Cut my hand. Play the band. Sinking sand.

The second line of the nursery rhyme is whistled, closer. Shanaz hardly hears it. He examines his fingers.

Shanaz: Eh?

Shanaz scrabbles at the sticks. The Angel appears behind him in a cloak and hood.

Shanaz: Where - ?

He picks up pieces of wood tentatively: their undersides are running with gore. It drips, Shanaz drops them, backs away.

Shanaz: The blood is coming out ‘the ground. Coming out ‘the ground’. Coming round the mountain. Shanaz not make a sound. Not make a sound. Quiet mouse Shanaz.

The Angel laughs.

Angel: The Great Work continues Prophet. Briggs was the first step. A necessary step. A powerful step.

The Angel laughs again. Shanaz runs off.

The Angel walks forward as the mist thickens around it and is then lit red, reflecting of its faceless mask. It looks around the wood. The voice whistles “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” again but moving further and further away this time.

The Angel nods and moves off slowly as the mist thickens to opacity.

DullChameleon
DullChameleon
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Back to top Go down