Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
"An Angel Never Dies." Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
"An Angel Never Dies." Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
"An Angel Never Dies." Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
"An Angel Never Dies." Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
"An Angel Never Dies." Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
"An Angel Never Dies." Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
"An Angel Never Dies." Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
"An Angel Never Dies." Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
"An Angel Never Dies." Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
"An Angel Never Dies." Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

"An Angel Never Dies."

4 posters

Go down

"An Angel Never Dies." Empty "An Angel Never Dies."

Post by krzy Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Brett Angel’s theme immediately draws a loud cheer from the crowd who all gleefully watch as he walks gingerly out onto the stage clearly still feeling the effects of that battle with Furious Frank. With a slight smirk on his face, Angel stands there on the stage to soak this all in--the sounds, the sights, hell, even the smells.

The cheers may not hold the power to heal his wounds, but they’re giving Angel the fuel to keep going--keep fighting in the face of adversity. Despite the loss there’s no loss of focus in his eyes, no lack of confidence in his stride. And, when he lifts the microphone to his mouth, the fans can clearly tell that there’s no lack of purpose behind his words. They all early repeat his introduction along with him.

I am The Outcast Brett Angel, who was left to rot just miles outside of the place I call home, now traveling alone through the blackest of nights.

More cheers when that all wraps up. Angel could leave right now and they’d all be satisfied...but he wouldn’t be out here if he doesn’t have something to say.

Dave Turner, I told you that, one way or another, when Emergence was over and done with that I would be the one the people were talking about at the end of the night. You had Kaiva put up the fight off his life against Randy Borton--who I know first-hand is a tough son of a bitch to keep down. You had Chris Andrews stand alone and fend off two men at once. You had Rhys Matthews put to rest the hopes and championship aspirations of a man that he once called friend.

Still all the rumblings and mumblings as the people filed out of the arena were about how Furious Frank mauled Brett Angel. I didn’t go into the match planning for things to play out that way, but I’ll take what I can get--after all, it’s as they say: no publicity is bad publicity.

He turns to look at the camera and winks ever so subtly, no doubt meant to get under the skin of Dave Turner who must be at least a little peeved that the match at Emergence seemed to have done next to nothing to humble Angel.

And as the year comes to a close, I find myself more of an outcast than ever before. As the weeks go on, more and more of my peers speak out against me, and I find my legacy has more threats against it than ever before. UnMatched has done everything they can to smear my career, and while I’m happy there are people out there who don’t buy it, it’s only now dawning on me that I never had to worry about losing your support.

Kitely came out of the woodworks months ago and couldn’t help but mention me for god knows what reason and call me, and I quote his quote of Dave Turner, “an absolute nobody.” Marko Punish was so impressed that he pulled the same strings that got me fired and got Kitely a job on UnMatched so they can share stories about me by the campfire. And I’m sure Dave Turner was loving that his cheap shot at me took off. As UnMatched tries to replace me and Genesis tries to sweep me under the rug, it’s important that I keep on fighting.

As Angel pauses, the camera zooms in on his “Angel is UnMatched” shirt. The same shirt that many of his faithful fans and followers and wearing here on Genesis.

And as I fight that battle on one front, there’s a second war brewing on another front.

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that stating the obvious--about what Frank is for what he did to Tim--would lead to such controversy. But I guess I should have expected as much. If I also said that this t-shirt I’m wearing right now is black, I’d be willing to bet that there’d be someone out there eager to argue that fact just because it came out of my mouth.

And it is a fact that Frank is directly responsible for Tim’s death.

I don’t say it because I’m desperate for attention or to make a name for myself. Let’s be honest for a second, despite UnMatched’s best efforts, I’d be in the Hall of Fame right now if I retired. In fact, I’m probably losing much more than I’m gaining by bringing up something that makes so many people uncomfortable.

The crowd is starting to fall silent as Angel delves into this territory again.

What makes me uncomfortable is that no one else wants to admit it.

And that’s all I want.

There are too many parallels for me to just turn the other way. The thing about anger, just like alcohol, is that when it takes over, people get hurt. People die. Just because it isn’t what you intended, doesn’t mean you’re not responsible. It doesn’t mean you’re not a disgrace for letting things come to that point by losing control in the first place.

Angel clenches his jaw until he regains his composure.

If I wanted ammunition against Frank I’d talk about his hair or him riding a motorcycle indoors. I’d talk about how this company had so little faith in him as the face of the brand that they brought me here.

This is bigger than that.

This is about telling things like it is.

Nick, you want to say the death was a result of a faulty surgery. Fine. But Tim wouldn’t have been on that operating table if it weren’t for Frank. Frank shattered Tim’s spine so badly that the doctor’s couldn’t put it back together again. Tim LaFave survived a lot of things in his life; Frank crossing that line by beating him as maliciously as he did wasn’t one of them.

If this was all the universe throwing a curveball, then Frank was the catcher behind home plate who called for the pitch, and Dave Turner was the coach who stood there and did nothing as it all played out.

He shakes his head.

That is if you believe Frank’s story about Turner being the instigator in all of this. Frank, you claimed that you took the week off to build tension for our match? I think it was more along the lines of you needing a week to come up that that tale.

I’m happy to hear that you’re planning to take more time off, though, because you definitely needed more than a week  if that was the best you could come up with. I’m no doctor, but I don’t think a broken spine was the cure for whatever illness you claim TIm had. You faked the career-ending accident?

The only thing you’ve faked is being a main event caliber wrestler. That’s why you tucked your tail between your legs when it came time for your rematch clause for the Alpha Championship, and that’s why you’re stuck fighting nobodies like me for three weeks in a row instead of Bob Luger.

They might not have pressed charges, but I saw the blood on your hands when we fought.

He takes in a deep breath.

I know I have all eyes and crosshairs trained on me, but I’m going to keep fighting. Week after week I’m going to come here and give it everything I’ve got. I’m going to remind everyone why Brett Angel is the best to ever do it.

And for those of you planning to take me down: take your best shot.

An Angel Never Dies.

His theme hits, and he raises his fist in the air while Genesis fades to a commercial break.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

"An Angel Never Dies." Empty Re: "An Angel Never Dies."

Post by Batman Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:10 pm

Batman Review:

Absolutely loved this promo just like the rest that contribute to this story. From all the backstage politics and beef with other stars to the controversial subject that Angel's not afraid to bring up. Awesome of you to mold a character to the point where it doesn't matter if he wins or loses, he has a point that he's trying to get across and he'll do it whether his shoulders are pinned or not. Can't wait for more.

Accomplishments :
Batman
Batman
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : Tunnel Snakes Rule

Back to top Go down

"An Angel Never Dies." Empty Re: "An Angel Never Dies."

Post by Tim Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:26 pm

Alright...

I get you. Frank killed Tim.

10/10