Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Mounting Pressure Battled Back by a Warm Smile Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Mounting Pressure Battled Back by a Warm Smile Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Mounting Pressure Battled Back by a Warm Smile Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Mounting Pressure Battled Back by a Warm Smile Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Mounting Pressure Battled Back by a Warm Smile Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Mounting Pressure Battled Back by a Warm Smile Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Mounting Pressure Battled Back by a Warm Smile Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Mounting Pressure Battled Back by a Warm Smile Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Mounting Pressure Battled Back by a Warm Smile Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Mounting Pressure Battled Back by a Warm Smile Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Mounting Pressure Battled Back by a Warm Smile

Go down

Mounting Pressure Battled Back by a Warm Smile Empty Mounting Pressure Battled Back by a Warm Smile

Post by krzy Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:57 pm

Don’t let what Tenra says fool you. Joseph Santos is an upstanding gentleman who knows that being on time, in fact means being five minutes early. He enters the agreed upon location (where else but Xander Slate’s office) for this face-to-face confrontation with his opponent at Validation, someone more beast than man: Subject: ZERO.

However, when he enters the room, Santos finds himself face to face with…....himself.

Tailcoat Val stands in front of a wall of screens, each depicting stills of Santos’ various shortcomings in his CMV career, the most recent being on the last episode of Crossfire where he was unable to capture the Rising Star Championship.

Tailcoat Val
Tell me: why has failure found such comfort in your presence?

Santos looks at the screen with an annoyed look on his face and looks at Val.

Joseph Santos
Failure is just a way to learn. It appears I have some learning to do, a lot of learning to do. However, I've always gave 110% every damn match and the match with Subject Zero will be no different!

Tailcoat Val
Whether your enthusiasm is genuine or a veneer of happiness growing dangerously close to cracking remains to be seen. What I do know, however, is that you still don’t grasp the gravity of what awaits at Validation. On that night, through success or failure, you will learn the truth about yourself. It’s just a matter of if that knowledge will break you.

Joseph Santos
Look. I don't know what type of mind games or philosophical crap you're trying to pull on me. But this will not work. I'm going into my match with Zero and I will not stop fighting until I capture the Anarchy Championship! That is what's happening. So those mind games won't work on me.

Tailcoat Val
Game?

Val spits the word out as though it were Bob Luger’s homemade chili.

Tailcoat Val
This is no game. This is reality. This is your reality. How many more opportunities will you waste before it hardens you? And if you were to win, what if that victory doesn’t feel the way you dreamed? What happens when the title cannot make you whole? Validation will change your life, and I’m eager to see if it’s for the better or worse.

Joseph Santos looks annoyed at Val.

Joseph Santos
Title or no title. This smile will stay on my face. I'll lace up my boots and live to see another day. That's how it's been since I started wrestling. No one will take that away from me. Not you, Zero, Tenra, The Mega Powers, or anyone else. Those are just facts. The title will be a nice prize, but I went into wrestling for the thrill and to entertain, not to win titles or get paid or whatever these other people have in mind.

Val chuckles.

Tailcoat Val
That steel cage match was entertainment enough for some, I suppose. Nonetheless, to smile in the face of sure destruction is admirable, if not naive. Perhaps you're feeling a touch emboldened after watching my pride and joy fall at the hands of Jay Young? I wonder what it is you think you’ve learned...

Her words trail off as a thoughts forms in her head.

Tailcoat Val
Whatever it is, why don’t we add to your knowledge? Ah, yes--a perfect test to see if you truly believe what you say. You will join forces with Zero in a tag team match. Not only will you get to observe Zero first hand without fear for your safety, but you’ll also get a taste of the man who did what you may not be able to. And a bonus: if you can lead the team to victory, the stipulation for the championship match will be yours to choose.

Joseph Santos puts on a grin after Val tells him he can choose the match stipulation if he gets the pin.

Joseph Santos
Challenge accepted. I'll see you and Zero in the tag match.

Joseph Santos walks out of Slate's office looking forward to his tag match with Zero.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down