Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
The Man I Respect Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
The Man I Respect Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
The Man I Respect Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
The Man I Respect Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
The Man I Respect Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
The Man I Respect Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
The Man I Respect Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
The Man I Respect Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
The Man I Respect Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
The Man I Respect Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

The Man I Respect

Go down

The Man I Respect Empty The Man I Respect

Post by HellishxHades Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:51 pm

As Crossfire Opens, the P.A. System is treated to the winner of the Global Championship number one contender elimination chamber, George King. He makes his way down to the ring, stitches on his forehead. George grabs a microphone and grabs a chair to set up the chair in the middle of the ring.

George King: As the King, I am gonna take a seat. Don’t even dare boo me you little peasants.

The crowd booed the number 1 contender.

George King: One and a half years… I waited. I have been waiting one and a half years to get back to the world title picture. So Josh Wolf, I want to let you know that to take the title of yours and treasure it. Because boy, George King is gonna be a World Champion again.  So Josh Wolf I understand that you are a great world champion. But boy you never faced anyone like me.

After those words were uttered by King, the lights changed and Josh Wolf's music hit. The crowd got up and looked towards the stage where Wolf stood. He carried his championship title proudly on his waist, but there was a distinct air of disappointment in his movement and expression. The defeat had clearly been tough on Josh, despite how close the Tug Of War match was and his excellent performance. He took in a breath and quickly sauntered down to the ring, grabbing a mic from a nearby camera guy and rolling into the ring.

Josh Wolf: Now, I'm going to have to stop you for a moment here, George. I'm not coming in here to insult or question your skills and legitimacy because it would be pointless to do so. You have done nothing but dominate since your return, so as far as I am concerned you are the perfect man to fight for this belt.

He scratched at his beard before returning to speak.

Josh Wolf: But, there is something that we aren't discussing much here and that is your original reign with this championship. You were pretty good, but your fatal flaw has always been underestimating your opponent. So, let's talk about that…

Do you think I'm going to be an easy obstacle? A simple speed bump on your path to greatness? Because pal, that is a dangerous way of thinking. I didn't become the Global Champion by not looking past my opponents. I became champ by treating every man I went up against like the man who would beat me.

You don't win battles off pure skills. But by instincts as well. There is a good quote out there: "everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face"; advice that I live by. I went into the fight against Schmidty and Justice knowing that both men would try their hardest to put me down first. And when fight or flight kicked in, I chose fight.

He took a breath, unwrapping his belt and raising it.

Josh Wolf: King. I want you to know that if you want this belt, you need to hone those instincts finely. Because after what I saw when you fought Hunter Quinn, you need it. Take that battle as an opportunity to learn that every man you ever fight could put you down at any minute.

And just know this one final thing, when you and I fight in this ring. You're going to get my best. You better bring your best as well.

George King remained seated. He looks Josh in the eyes.

George King: I will admit that you are right. I'll admit that I underestimate my opponents. That is a flaw that I am ashamed to admit that I have. But boy, I need you to understand where I am coming from. I was being trained at a school owned by the late great Harley Race, before he passed. I would hear him tell me over and over. If you don't think that you are better than the man standing across from you, you have already lost the battle. He is the first one to give me the nickname King. So when he died I decided to take on the name.

Josh, I would say that you are nothing but a peasant in my path to making that man upstairs happy that he gave me that name. But I can't. I know your pedigree. I know your main event at Ascendance vs an all time great in The Bloody Brit and you sent him packing taking the world championship. While I fought some peasants I don't remember winning the NGW Championship for the 2nd time.

I know that you have multiple reigns as the World Champion, with multiple defenses. And I. I have 1 world Championship reign and not a single defense.

Josh, I would come out here, tell you that I am better than you, and that you're just the next to fall. But…

George King lowers his head.

I'm sorry Harley. I can't do that. Because side by side I may be stronger, I may be meaner, I may have more accomplishments then you. On paper, I am the better man. But I can't just lie to myself. At the moment, you're the better man. Take Validation into consideration. You ran through how many people. When it was my turn, you had to wake my ass up. Because I fell asleep. My flaw was in full effect. I doubted I could be beat. For that I apologize.

George King stands up.

But Josh. I want to make one thing clear. That flaw won't be present. I have enough respect for you to say you aren't just another peasant. Josh I will tell you man to man. I see you as the man that sent Bloody Brit packing. I see you as a warrior. I see you as a threat to my kingdom. I see you. And I know it will be war. But, I want you and the rest of my kingdom to know what my desire is right now. It's not the global championship, that's a prize I will get for accomplishing my desire. My desire is to be the better man.

Wolf nodded his head and raised the mic up once more.

Josh Wolf: Then may the best man win, King. Good luck.

With that, Wolf backed away and left the ring.L

George King - NGW Championship 2x - Final NGW Tag Team Championship (The Kingdom) - European Championship - Final Television Championship - First Internet Championship - CMV Tag Team Championship (The Kingdom) / Champion of Champion / CMV Undisputed World Championship
Tyson Cage - Fusion Tag Team Championship (The Bickering Duo)/Anarchy Championship 2x
Caleb Reed: Fusion Tag Team Championship (The Anarchists)
Jon Reed: Anarchy Championship
HellishxHades
HellishxHades
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down