Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Cost of a Legacy Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Cost of a Legacy Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Cost of a Legacy Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Cost of a Legacy Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Cost of a Legacy Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Cost of a Legacy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Cost of a Legacy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Cost of a Legacy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Cost of a Legacy Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Cost of a Legacy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Cost of a Legacy

Go down

Cost of a Legacy Empty Cost of a Legacy

Post by krzy Mon May 10, 2021 10:19 pm

And here he comes! He's CMV's International Champion. Yes, he's YOUR reigning International Champion. He's Brett. Angel.

As his theme fills the arena, Brett Angel walks onto the stage the same way that he always does--with a subtle, measured confidence...all emotion masked, gray eyes focused on what's ahead. He emerges from backstage without Tailcoat Val in the vicinity, the lone telltale sign of their partnership being the insignia emblazoned on the side of his pants like branding on cattle.

Thousands of eyes follow Brett Angel as he walks down the ramp, just as they followed his storied career up to this point. Fans and detractors alike watch Brett Angel, who's now in the middle of the ring, unzip his jacket and reveal the International Championship. The title is one of the finest prizes that can be won in CMV, and it looks like it was handcrafted to sit around Angel's waist.

ANGEL:It was in this very spot that I stood when Schmidty looked me in the eyes and told me he was the greatest professional wrestler on the planet. And I could look back into his eyes and tell that he meant it. And I could listen to his voice and tell that he felt it. And that moment has been living inside of me ever since it happened...that very moment when I looked into the eyes of one of the most despicable men in the history of this company...and couldn't help but smile.

His face lights up as he says that, recalling the stand off between himself, the remnants of the Purge, and, of course, the tandem of Diamond and Turner who went on to win the CMV Tag Team Championships at Showdown at the Senate.

ANGEL:It was in this very spot that I stood and decided that I was never more happy that our careers went in opposite directions, Schmidty. You talk about your reigns of terror, of how you purged rosters, of how you had everybody screaming your name. You feasted on their disdain and their hatred, and yet your morals were malnourished. Men like you only fight to satisfy the most basic survival instincts and don't care who your selfish actions hurt. You're not embarrassed by those actions. I know that. And I know that men like you can't ever truly rest because every second you're not the center of attention is no different than a man fighting off withdrawal symptoms from addiction. And what makes me smile is that one day you won't be able to fight anymore. Your mind will be willing. Oh, I bet you'll be devising all sorts of diabolical schemes to get your name back into everybody's mouths...it's just that your body won't be able to deliver. That's when history will work its magic and the power of your name will fade...at best you'll be a cautionary tale: "and this here, kids, is why we don't let the inmates run the asylum!" Ironically, after all you did to separate yourself from the rest of us, you'll be one more name lost to time...same as the rest of us.

Angel closes his eyes and focuses on that thread, on that fragment of time in a perhaps not-to-distant future that even he will fall victim to.

ANGEL:And so it was in this very spot that I stood and decided that I have no regrets that I reached out to Valerie and asked for help. That's the only thing that separates us, Schmidty. The ONLY thing. You were alone, weak, and created the Purge under the guise of being strong and dominant...funny how fleeting it all was, huh? Now you're back to being alone and unraveling with every failure. The only good thing that came out of Showdown at the Senate is that, once again, after coming to Supremacy, you couldn't do what you do best: bully and bulldoze your way to success and then act like you've done us all a favor simply by existing god damn it you make me SICK!

That last run-on sentence was a building up of emotions that led to one explosive word -- delivered with the same amount of oopmh that was behind the right hook that helped him retain his International Championship against Sugar Bae.

ANGEL:You make me sick.

The icy delivery makes the sentence feel more threatening the second time around.

ANGEL: You should be ashamed of yourself. You should be ashamed of your legacy. You should be ashamed of everything you've done in the name of achieving infamy. If you're supposed to be the bar that everyone is trying to reach, then I'll be damned if I don't hold my head up high knowing that I'm nowhere close to reaching those heights. There's nothing that would kill me inside faster than the thought of ever walking even a step down the same path you have.

What you've done is create a CMV where men think they have to be as sick and deluded as you to carve out a name for themselves. They'll throw away their morals. They'll swallow their pride. They'll stick the knife in the hearts of their friends if it means getting the slightest edge. Yes, Jordan Nicholson...I'm talking about you.

Intentional or not, the way Brett Angel says Nicholson's name is Tailcoat Val-esque in its chillingly-captivating delivery.

ANGEL:I'm talking to you, Jordan.

You're a coward bowing to a pissant who only keeps you close to prevent you from surpassing him. Weren't you watching what happened on Crossfire with the Purge? You either succeed too much and get left for dead by the roadside... or you never reach your full potential because you allowed yourself to live in the shadow of a man who only seemed tall because you were on your knees looking up at him.

Where's Jerik Lawson, huh?

Where's Lance Romance?

Look at what Dara got for her loyalty.

Syncopaths aren't friends nor allies, and thinking you can outsmart them is the quickest way into a grave you unknowingly dug for yourself. Answer me this, Jordan: please, answer me this honestly...how will this end?

Angel's eyes soften as a thought strikes him harder than he prepared for.

ANGEL:You want a future for you and your girl. In a different lifetime, maybe I'd find myself doing the same. But with life comes with experience, and circumstances being what they are....Sheesh, kid, look, I ain't here to preach to you. I don't even care to change your mind. What's done is done... there's no undoing it, and by the time you'll even want to, it'll be too late.

Trust me.

Frankly, I know it's only a matter of time before we clash. Hoxton sure as hell ain't letting you near his title, and any tag partner who trusts you after what you did to the last one is a damned fool. There are three options left for singles gold...and I hold one of them. Pardon my lack of humility if I allow myself to assume you'll aim for the biggest name you can.

Angel unhooks the International Championship from around his waist. He holds it up in the air while he looks into the camera intensely.

ANGEL:I know that I'm on borrowed time, and before that last bead of sand slips through the hourglass, I will hold the Undisputed Championship once again.

But you see this title right here? It's not a prop. It's not a toy. It's not a stepping stone. This is something I will fight for and defend with my life, and if I become the greatest International Champion of all time on the way to my ultimate goal, then I'll welcome that accomplishment with open arms.

So it's in this very spot that I stand and say that I will be at Cyberslam ready to back up my words, though it's up to all of you to decide if my International Championship will be on the line. And Hunter Quinn…

He doesn't say the name as coldly, but it's colored with a sigh.

ANGEL:…I've been around long enough to know you'll make your presence felt whether I ask for it or not. So do feel free to join the party at Cyberslam. Except...I'm not smart enough to plan years in advance like Valerie. This time, I expect you'll put something on the line too. And I think we both know what that "something" should be.

It's obvious what Angel's hinting at: the Anarchy Championship, something that once belonged to the Arsenal and would look lovely next to Miasma's Hardcore Championship.

ANGEL:I may end up just being a footnote in the story you two are weaving, but that doesn't mean the narrative will play out in your favor.

My legacy will be that of a man who outlasted every evil that's tried to drag me down, sometimes despite myself. I won't ruin personal lives or end careers to achieve my goals, but you'll come pretty damn close to losing it all if you get into the ring and don't realize who you're dealing with.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down