Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Cole Savage vs Schmidty: The FINAL Confrontation  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Cole Savage vs Schmidty: The FINAL Confrontation  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Cole Savage vs Schmidty: The FINAL Confrontation  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Cole Savage vs Schmidty: The FINAL Confrontation  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Cole Savage vs Schmidty: The FINAL Confrontation  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Cole Savage vs Schmidty: The FINAL Confrontation  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Cole Savage vs Schmidty: The FINAL Confrontation  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Cole Savage vs Schmidty: The FINAL Confrontation  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Cole Savage vs Schmidty: The FINAL Confrontation  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Cole Savage vs Schmidty: The FINAL Confrontation  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Cole Savage vs Schmidty: The FINAL Confrontation

Go down

Cole Savage vs Schmidty: The FINAL Confrontation  Empty Cole Savage vs Schmidty: The FINAL Confrontation

Post by Batman Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:50 pm

And here it is.

Yes, indeed folks and folksettes, it is here.

The sound of what feels like thousands of cameras snapping fill the room despite everyone holding up their phones to take these pictures.

But you can't blame them for wanting a snapshot of what they're seeing, this time-capsule, this souvenir of a moment that seemed like a fever dream as little as a month ago.

Cole Savage and Schmidty.

One more time.

One LAST time.

Ascendance IX will be the final chapter in their saga.

And naturally, their combined planet-sized egos need a press conference so that every soul that draws breath knows this match is happening, knows what's at stake, and does the significance of this encounter justice.

As you'd expect, Cole Savage is dressed in a suit woven from fabrics you've never heard of at a price point of numbers that seem unfathomable. Which is odd, because it was merely a day or two ago that Savage had a cast on and needed two crutches to move a couple of feet.

Savage is all smiles and the twinkle in his eyes is so vibrant it's as if it shines through his sunglasses.

In sharp contrast, there's Schmidty.

His scowl twists his lips down into an unnatural angle, while the look in his eyes is that of a cold, calculated sociopath planning his next move--planning how he could make everyone who had the gall to be in the same room as him as miserable as possible.

Both Schmidty and Savage are standing on a stage in front of lecterns that look to be leftovers from Savage's grand game if Hangman. There's a small table between them where the mediator sits, a short, balding man who not only thought a Hawaiian shirt would be the best choice of clothing for this event...but also just owns a Hawaiian shirt to begin with.

Good morning everyone, and thank you for joining me for this momentous occasion where we witness the fusion of two lives as these two join together in holy matri...

He coughs awkwardly.

Sorry, wrong script..if you would just give me a moment.  

He flips over the paper in front of him then clears his throat.

This is an event unlike any other for a match so big, so special, so earth-shattering that it has only happened once before!

It's Cole Savage. It's Schmidty.

They found some way back into each other's lives and through some VERY unconventional means have found that they will wrestle as Ascendance IX in what is already being crowned the rematch of the century.

Fellas, you are here because this may be the last time we hear from you while you're under a CMV contract. Schmidty, you've made it clear that you will NOT return after Ascendance for a littant of reasons, and Cole, you were already retired to begin with.

So now that I've set the stage, I'm going to lay out the rules. You'll each be asked a question from an esteemed member of the wrestling media here today, and at the end you'll have time to address each other, if you so desire.

The mediator looks to his right at Savage, and then at Schmidty to his left.

...and something tells me that you'd each like to do exactly that. So how about we get this event started, eh? Let's make this a night to remember.

Someone in the crowd stands up and the mediator points to them.

Mr. Savage, this is Justin Rio from the Oklahoma Sentinel. You came back from years of retirement, that look like they were treating you well by the way, laser focused on getting this match with Schmidty. I suppose my question is why this match in particular--out of all other possibilities against the like of a Shay Hoxton or Chris Diamond--made you return?

Savage chuckles.

Here's the thing, Justin, I'm a man who keeps a few tricks up my sleeves when I need to...but I have absolutely no problem laying it all on the table when the situation calls for it. Just because you know what I'm about to do...doesn't mean you can stop me from doing it!

And what I plan to do is make sure the last match of Schmidty's career ends on the lowest note that I can make possible. It's that simple. He beat me at Ascendance once before, and I intend to return the favor tenfold!

Another member of the wrestling press stands up.

Schmidty, this is Melissa Eggs from the Chicago Blues, and my question for you is: why?

Ahhh, wait a minute. Before I answer any questions, do you consider yourself a fan of CMV?

Well yeah, I watch it all the time with my son.

Schmidty clears his throat, cutting the reporter off from speaking anymore.

Let’s get one thing clear. I will not speak to any member of the CMV Universe. For those of you who consider yourselves fans and have contributed to the death of my company, you don’t deserve the opportunity to ask me questions. Now, let me get a question from somebody worthy.

A guy raises his hand in which Schmidty points to him.

I’m not a fan. Just a journalist interested in the truth. You say you won’t return. There’s speculation that that may just be a ruse considering you’re a notorious conman. Could you be planning something later down the line? Or is this match with Cole Savage your finale?

Listen…….because I won’t repeat myself again. I will never…...ever…….step foot in a CMV ring after Ascendance. Not in a year. Not in two years. Never. I don’t even want to be inducted into the hall of fame. God knows I'm worthy of that. I won’t return for one off matches. Promos. None of that. This right here is an empty vessel that I refuse to be recognized by. What rose in its death, I don’t know. But it’s not CMV. CMV is gone and I will not spend anymore time by its body. It’s time to bury it and move on and that’s what I will do. So yes, Cole Savage over there will be my final opponent. Not that he deserves my time, but he got it. And it won’t end the way he’ll like.

Mr. Savage, I want you to share if YOU believe Schmidty will never return to CMV again.

Of course he won't! I'm going to beat his ass up and down Germany so badly that he probably won't even make it out the country! He sure as hell will be too ashamed to come crawling back to CMV for the third time...even HIS pride has its limits.

He stands there and he preaches about a CMV that's a husk of what it was, a CMV that's barely clinging to life...are you kidding me? You know the difference between CMV then and now? Schmidty's punk ass didn't have a stranglehold on the company because they were too cowardly to do anything about him!

Look at the state of CMV today.

Men with absolutely ridiculous names like Proudfoot, men the size of toddlers like Jason Spade, even goddamn WOMAN can be a World Champion in CMV and it's all thanks to CMV ridding itself of the absolute cretin that Schmidty is.

He thinks he's punishing the company, but once I bury his career fifty-two feet under the ground, I'm willing to bet a fraction of my fortune that CMV will go through ANOTHER Renaissance.

Schmidty scoffs loud enough that the beauty shop two streets over could hear it.

Punishing the company? Shows your hearing is out old man. The company has been punished enough. I’m punishing the stupid fans that-

The mediator chimes in.

Please wait until you are asked a question-

Schmidty snaps back.

Fuck you. Cut me off again and I’ll drill your head through the fucking stage!

Everybody in the room except for Savage gasps at the language.

Gasp all you want. Fuck all of you and your stupid ass questions. This is my press conference now. I’m tired of everybody wasting my time. I’ll ask myself the questions.

So...Schmidty why is it you felt like you’d be wasting your time with a rematch against Savage?

Well, that’s simple. I ALREADY BEAT HIM! See? He’s a broken old man who’s spent the last four years with his blood boiling and this silly little dream that he can make this grand return and what, get that dub? Tie it up? Not gonna happen. I have always been the better man and that much was proven at Ascendance FIVE and since the little leech wiggled his way into my radar once again, we WILL run it back, and I WILL send his stupid BITCH ASS into the goddamn retirement home where he belongs. But, don’t worry Savage, I’ll make sure to visit you once in a while to make sure when you develop dementia, you NEVER forget the face of the man who made you his bitch, TWICE!

Savage clenches his jaw, venomous words just at the brink of pouring through his lips. The mediator notices this and interjects.

Mr. Savage please, you’ll have your chance to directly address Schmidty shortly, but the media has one last question for you.  

I suppose I gotta--

Cole, this is Taeles from Savoir Faire. Schmidty is correct that he embarrassed you in your last match to the point where you made up some excuse that Tim LaFave messed with a turnbuckle in the previous match to throw you off. What makes you think that things will be any better, especially with you coming off of four years’ worth of ring rust?

Even Savage looks a bit taken aback but the pointed questioning.

You’re right, I could make a whole heap of excuses for why I lost to Schmidty. Ol’ Timmy fussed with my favorite turnbuckle pad, the sun was in my eyes, which I HATE and it’s why I’m ALWAYS wearing sunglasses!

To punctuate his point, Savage pulls off his sunglasses and slams them down.

But I never said that Schmidty wasn’t the better man that night. He had a lot going in his favor, but he still only just managed to SQUEAK by me. But that’s the thing, in this business, right? It only matters who won, and who lost. It doesn’t matter if it was a five minute sweep or a fifty-five minute classic.

And you’re right, four years is a long damn time, but I wasn’t sitting on my ass on a yacht sitting mixed cocktails...at least not every day I wasn’t! I’ve been plotting, I’ve been scheming, I’ve been planning just what I’d do to Schmidty if I got my hands on him again. I didn’t flip a coin to decide to come back. I didn’t plan a whole game show to get under skin on a whim. I know EXACTLY what I’m doing, and I know EXACTLY, how I’m going to beat him.

I’ve got him right where I want him, and at Ascendance it’ll be Old Yeller’s turn to flip the script and pop two in the back of someone’s head behind the shed.

When he delivered that line, Savage raised his hand in the shape of a gun and had it pointed at Schmidty.

All right, as we wind down, we’re going to open the stage to the two men in this final chance to get anything off their chest. So gentlemen, the flo--

Hey Schmidty, Taeles again representing Savoir Faire. I’m wondering why you’ve elongated this tantrum over a series of weeks when you could have retired months ago. Are you hoping that someone will get on their knees and beg you to stay? You say you’re punishing the fans, but all you’ve been doing is reinforcing the narrative that you’re quitting because your old tricks won’t work, and you can’t keep up by playing the same game as the rest of the roster.

Schmidty closes his eyes with an obvious expression of annoyance resting on his face. He then opens them to take a drink of his water before screwing the cap back on the half full bottle. He then takes that motherfucker and chucks it at the bitch. Luckily, she manages to dodge at the last minute as the bottle smacks on the floor behind her. This obviously angers the entire room that Schmidty was willing to harm a woman, however, he shushes them by tapping on the mic.

Shut the hell up, I’m not answering your stupid fucking questions anymore. Mediator, you know what time it is. We’re doing this thing.

He then rips the mic out of the lectern before tipping said lectern off the stage.

Listen, I'm through with all these little pests to my side. My focus is this leech right here. You wonder why I call you a damn leech Savage? Because all you’ve ever done is leech off of others' success. That’s all you really care about. The glory. You bathed in it in your hay day, yet now it’s so scarce. You had to leech off of me, Sane, Leo, and others I don’t care to name. You became ADDICTED to it. So after I gave you your 20 minutes of fame four years ago, you planned. Not just to get this match but to get the spotlight that comes NATURALLY with me. I’m on my way out and you knew this was your last chance not just for your little vengeance plan but to be NOTICED! It’s SAD!

Did little Savage not get much attention at home? Is that what it is? You were lonely as a child because nobody noticed you? So your entire life you wanted people to know the NAME “COLE SAVAGE”! It made you feel important right? Like you mattered? You were so addicted to the glory and attention that you were willing to do ANYTHING to get it. You know what they say about addicts? They're just sick? No. You aren’t sick. You’re PATHETIC! And the FACT that I have to spend my final moments in a wrestling ring with a pathetic old bastard like you makes ME sick.

I don’t like you Savage. I hate you in fact. I always have. From the moment I entered this company, you were right there and I just…..didn’t like you. I knew what you were all about from the moment I got in Leo Cruz’s face and took his European Title like I would take candy from a baby. The words you spoke as if you cared about Leo. It was all a ruse. I was never the villain when it came to Savage vs Schmidty. You were. And are. You’re a selfish punk who only worries about getting his next hit. A leech. Sucking the success from others yet, you can’t seem to stick to my skin Savage. Four years ago, I pinned you for the 1 2 3, and I moved on, INSTANTLY! Sure you found success somewhere else, but not from me.

And what’s funny about that moment is, after I pinned you, I forgot about you. I legit went on to walk out of Ascendance with the UNDISPUTED CHAMPIONSHIP that night. Ain’t that crazy? Four years, you were plotting and scheming against me because I bruised your ego and refused your plea for the spotlight. I shut you out and moved on while you wallowed in your own misery for FOUR YEARS! HA! YOU’RE A FUCKING JOKE!

Schmidty is legit laughing at this point, an immediate throwback to when Savage laughed at Schmidty a few weeks ago.

All these people, and all of those undeserving murderers aren’t going to witness a FINAL SHOWDOWN, they will witness a FINAL BEATDOWN. And I will PUNISH them through you. And when I step in the ring with you Savage, you will once again, be denied the glory. You will once again be sent home with the big fucking hot L. Old Yeller isn’t getting the jump on me. Nah, my gun jams? I’ll stab him. My knife breaks? I’ll throw him off a fucking cliff. Either way, the old dog is dying at Ascendance then I will leave this CARCASS of a company and NEVER return!  

Savage pulls off his flat cap so he can dab at a few beads of sweat that have formed on his forehead. He takes a sip of his own bottle of water but is sure to gently set it back on the provided coaster.

Boy oh boy, where do I even BEGIN to unpack the absolute load of MALARKY we ALL just had the displeasure to listen to? Geez, Schmidty, for someone you don’t seem to care about you sure did have a lot of touching things to say about me! I’d be flattered too, but unfortunately there was little truth to what you had to say.

Savage steps out from behind his lectern. Now the only obstacle between himself and Schmidty is the mediator and the table that he sits behind--and there’s little he could realistically do if these two foes decided to give these journalists a taste of what’s to come at Ascendance.

But that’s always been the case with you, hasn’t it? Everything you say, Schmidty--every action that you take is all self-serving, it’s all self-aggrandizing, it’s all done in the name of WARPING reality so that you look like the most important person in a room. I could spend the rest of my LIFE sitting here and picking apart your lies...but I’m only going to address one:

How dare you, Schmidty...what gives you the right to sit there and say that I’m a goddamn leech for--and ESPECIALLY for--the years I spent dedicating my time, my effort, my money into making sure that LEO FREAKIN’ CRUZ got the best career he possibly could here in CMV? Are you fucking kidding me? LEO CRUZ got a title match at Implosion back when that side of CMV was still kickin’. LEO CRUZ was one-half of one of the most celebrated tag teams alongside Markus Akane. LEO CRUZ was and STILL is a dear friend of mine, and for you to stand there all smug spewing your lies makes me sick to my stomach.

Savage takes a step forward, and Schmidty follows suit. Schmidty knew what he was doing by bringing Leo Cruz into this, and baiting Savage into a fight that Schmidty himself can’t physically start, would be a sure fire way to make the Ascendance match moot.

You should have kept your mouth shut...no, I suppose that it would be asking too much of you. You should have played this a little smarter...no, even that is beyond your means.

Schmidty, you should have left this between you and I.

You say that me fighting you at Ascendance is me trying to leech off your legacy? You’d like to think so, wouldn’t you? That would make it seem like Schmidty is a name that still holds weight in CMV, a name that still holds the power that it did way back when.

No, Schmidty.

You’re wrong.

If I wanted to leech off of someone’s star power to come back with a bang, there’s a LONG list of people that I’d have challenged before you. Shay Hoxton. Jason Spade.

Ace Reeves.

That’s the most spite anyone’s ever said Reeves’ name with, and Savage looks Schmidty dead in the eyes when he says it.

If anything, I’m anchoring myself to a sinking ship by challenging you to this match. But this is the only other way this story could play out.

You beating me that night at Ascendance did springboard your career in ways that nearly ruined CMV. Beating you at Ascendance and making sure the door hits you on the way out is my apology.

This time I don’t have the Friends of Cole Savage, pulling me in a million different directions--I only have eyes for you.

And this time, when I do beat you, I’m gonna make sure I do it in style. This old dog’s learned some new tricks!

Savage motions to a flatscreen TV that had been rolled in while he was speaking.

OH MAN! NEW SCHOOL SAVAGE?? Man, I have never seen anything like that before. Cole, you got me shaking in my boots. From pure excitement. Seeing you put in so much work, just to fail AGAIN!

The two men are face to face, mere inches from other trading barbs as the tension reaches its absolute boiling point.

Suddenly, Savage lunges forward….but stops just short of nailing Schmidty with a right hook! Savage smirks, mouthing that he's gonna save it all for Ascendance.

Yeah? Save it for Ascendance? Fine with me pussy.

Schmidty smiles as the two men back up from each other and head to their sides once more as the Mediator chimes in.

Cole Savage vs Schmidty, the final chapter in both men’s careers here in CMV! Day 2 of Ascendance, make sure not to miss it folks and have a good night!

Accomplishments :
Batman
Batman
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : Tunnel Snakes Rule

Back to top Go down