Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
The Season of Santos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
The Season of Santos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
The Season of Santos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
The Season of Santos Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
The Season of Santos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
The Season of Santos Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
The Season of Santos Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
The Season of Santos Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
The Season of Santos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
The Season of Santos Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

The Season of Santos

Go down

The Season of Santos Empty The Season of Santos

Post by krzy Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:28 pm

Joseph Santos is approached by an interviewer backstage, and before the interviewer can even ask about borrowing a Netflix password to watch Squid Game, Santos starts spilling his guts.

JOSEPH SANTOS:
I’ve done so many incredible things lately. Defeating Hugo Steele and regaining the Zero G Championship, I lost to Zack Cage...but that doesn’t matter right now. I defeated Hugo again and I am in the Money In The Bank Ladder Match. I feel so...sad...I mean, I’m happy I did all of this...but my best friend never got to live his dream...I miss Surac-

And that’s when Suraci pops out of the bathroom, an incredulous expression plastered all over his face.

And for a moment it seems as though time freezes as the S ‘n’ S BROnnection, two men who lived and died, who flew and sunk, through the sheer magic of their friendship lock eyes -- a moment that was all but written off as unlikely to ever occur.

Suraci is maskless, lips twisted down into a scowl. He takes a step back and sizes up Santos who has seen better days and who will be seeing, in the near future, a briefcase hung twenty seven feet in the air after securing his spot in the Money in the Bank ladder match.

Suraci dramatically clears his throat for a full fifteen seconds and adjusts his bookbag, which looks a bit heavy, before he finally starts speaking.

SURACI:
This time a couple of months ago, I would be the one somehow chosen to be in the money in the bank match. That means that I would then be in the library every other Tuesday night reading every legal textbook I could get my hands on, trying to find a loophole in my contract to get you into that match instead.

Why?

Partly because there’s a piece of me that would question if I deserved to be in that hypothetical match, and then One Hundred and Fifty Two percent because I KNEW that you SHOULD be in that match instead.

You belong in the same conversation as some of the best to ever do it, Mr. Santos.

And you belong in the same ring as them.

And before long, YOU’LL be the one in a league of your own.

That’s something that I NEVER doubted, not for a single second, and I’ve come back--maybe for the last time, or maybe until the next time--because I want to look you in the eyes while I still have a chance and tell you to your face, that for every compliment, every bit of praise any person has given me throughout my career...you’ll be getting that tenfold.

You are a better man than I will ever be for the simple fact that you’ve kept on fighting.

You fight and you fight and you fight and you fight against all odds and against all doubts, and I’ve always admired that about you because I used to be that way too.

JOSEPH SANTOS:
Suraci, you don’t need to keep giving me opportunities. I appreciate them, but you deserve just as much as I do-

Suraci reaches into his bag and pulls out a toaster.

As Santos watches, Suraci unplugs some employee’s phone so that he can get some power to his appliance. He slips two slices of the finest whole wheat toast money can buy (packed with 15 nutrient-packed grains your body will thank you for!) inside then turns back to Santos.

SURACI:
If I played my cards differently, I’d be another NGCW castaway that came to CMV and took my career to new heights. Problem is that I could never get out of my own fucking head long enough for that prophecy to come to fruition..and I’ll be damned if I sit back and watch you make that mistake too.

And I’m sorry, man. I’m so fucking sorry that after Ascendance I up and left without a word...I just...I just saw how you handled Hugo in the ring...and that’s when I could finally make peace with the idea that you didn’t need me anymore..not that you ever did but..

I’d like to be a little sentimental and think that we each helped the other out of a dark place, and ain’t it a beautiful sight to see the sun shining? To have hope, to have a promise that even if you stumble today, you’ll fly tomorrow?

JOSEPH SANTOS:
When I fall, I get back up and fight again. You helped me achieve that. You don’t have to apologize for leaving after Ascendence. You were battling your own demons at the time. I’m guessing you heard me from outside the bathroom talking about me going into The Money In The Bank ladder match.

SURACI:
I can’t begin to tell you how happy I was when I caught wind that they gave you a qualifying match. And you’re gonna think I’m blowing smoke up your ass, but as soon as I heard, I caught the first buggy I could get here cause I wanted to be here to congratulate you on your victory. Trust me, when I got to the arena and saw the final moments of the match, I knew that I made the right call.

Suraci’s voice slightly cracks, but he battles back the emotion though the effort to do so is cause his voice to sound strained and hoarse.

SURACI:
Unfortunately, I’m not just here to say congrats and send you on your way with a good luck and ruffle of the hair.

I need a favour too.

Coming from me and the way I left things, I know that sounds a little audacious ...except I don’t think it’s asking for too much.

All I want from you, buddy, is for you to keep being you.

Keep being Joseph Santos. Please. Even when I’m not here to fight by your side, I need you to show that your heart doesn’t have to turn blacker than Hunter Quinn’s eyeliner before you make it to the top here.

We grew a hell of a lot in a hell short period of time...but you don’t need to get sentimental. Don’t worry about being the next Suraci or following in my footsteps.. Keep being Joseph Santos, and, in a few years time, you’ll be twice the man and wrestler that I ever was with a career that you can look back on and be DAMN proud.

And, hey, maybe I get to induct you into the hall of fame, eh? I’ll make sure that my speech is more upbeat than whatever this has been.

Ding!

Suraci takes out the two slices of bread and hands one to Santos.

SURACI:
How about a..toast…...to what I’m pronouncing the “Season of Santos!”

Suraci can’t hide his smirk--all that for this punchline.

Joseph Santos:
Well..Suraci. If this truly is a goodbye then I am lucky I got to know you as not just a peer, not just another wrestler, not just the man who single handedly saved my career, but my best friend. I will miss you. I appreciate everything you’ve done for my career. I guess you cared about it more than myself.

The two men smack their pieces of toast together and try not to burst out laughing as they take a bite.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down