Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Because Of My Best Friend: Part One Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Because Of My Best Friend: Part One Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Because Of My Best Friend: Part One Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Because Of My Best Friend: Part One Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Because Of My Best Friend: Part One Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Because Of My Best Friend: Part One Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Because Of My Best Friend: Part One Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Because Of My Best Friend: Part One Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Because Of My Best Friend: Part One Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Because Of My Best Friend: Part One Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Because Of My Best Friend: Part One

2 posters

Go down

Because Of My Best Friend: Part One Empty Because Of My Best Friend: Part One

Post by Master Ogon Mon May 07, 2018 11:43 am

The night is young and energized for the start of Fusion #124, the aftermath of Emergence awaits. But instead of the crowd seeing the new world champion Chris Diamond, they're gifted the presence of a man without a belt, Matt Devious. But for once Devious isn't painted in boos, he's praised with respect. The rumors were confirmed last night when the commentary team announced that Devious has injured his neck during a training session and he'd be out for an unconfirmed amount of time. Ever since then, the crowd turned their noses toward Devious. Instead of focusing on his twisted nature and unspeakable deeds, they had chosen to reflect on his accomplishments. Former Light Heavyweight Champion, a founding member of Bad Men Inc, and former MITB holder. The crowd didn't know if he was going to retire or if he was just going to take a break, but either way, they wanted to display the respect they had for the young single year veteran. Of course, the crowd wasn't the only people showing respect tonight, because Devious might be showing the most respect of all by allowing his best friend of around a year now, Andrew Briggs to walk down the ramp with him, maybe for the last time.

After what seems an eternity, the two men walk down the entrance ramp to the loudest cheers that Devious ever had, maybe even more ear-deafening than the ones Briggs had. Devious seems to have changed his appearance considerably since the last time everyone last saw him, as he has gone back to his classic hairstyle and has even started to grow out his facial hair more. But due to him wanting to look good for tonight, he isn't wearing his usual crude ring attire, he's wearing a dark blue suit combined with a flashy red tie. Briggs is dressed fantastic as well, not wanting to display any disrespect toward his best friend. There's no music playing, which only adds to the atmosphere as only cheers can be heard by Devious and Briggs, and surprisingly, they both smile. Briggs politely pulls the middle rope down for Devious, giving the handicapped man easier access into the ring. However, this streak of kindness for his best friend doesn't end as Briggs goes out of his way to bring in a chair for Devious, placing it right in the middle of the ring so he wouldn't have to stand.

But it's time to speak, not the time to be silent as Briggs grabs a mic for Devious and hands it to him. He nods and claps his hands as Devious moves the microphone to his mouth and after a slight delay, he starts speaking with clear despair in his voice. As much as he'd like to stand up and laugh maniacally and say this was all some prank, the neck brace certainly proves it isn't.

Matt Devious:
I'd like to thank all of you for that very strong introduction. However, I'll be honest and say I don't think I deserve that much credit, I believe that my best friend deserves the credit for the things I’ve done. As much as I say that I’ve been working my ass off by myself to get the opportunities I’ve been given, Briggs has been there since the very start of my career. I was someone that was outcasted by most of the roster due to my… differences. Briggs, on the other hand, was a veteran at that point and was one of the best on the roster. He took me under his wing and taught me so much about CMV. I don’t have too much time to talk, but the time that I do have I want to spend talking about my dear best friend, Andrew Briggs.

The crowd pops, but it’s clear to tell that they’re a bit confused. Devious smiles smugly, being confident and feeling the joy that he has always experiences when he knows when he’s in control. Briggs is just smiling even brighter, which should be expected from someone with such a big ego. This doesn’t seem to bother Devious though, the both of them spent so much time together that he can read Briggs like a book, he just expected this.

Matt Devious:
Because of him, I learned to always keep changing and developing. I was taught that the people that cannot change and develop are the people that will fade into the night and be forgotten. Because of him, I learned to always pursue things you’ve lost. Because of my best friend I learned how to hold that Light Heavyweight Title with the same level of success he did! Because of Andrew Briggs, I can sit in the middle of this ring with all the accomplishments that I have! So everyone, give it up for Andrew Briggs!

Devious quickly stands up and points to the target of his praise, the man it seems like he’s worshipping like some sort of best-thing-since-sliced-bread messiah. Devious might seem happy right now, but Briggs is on a whole new level!

Having received these spotlights of appreciation, and despite trying to play it cool for the crowd, Briggs could not help but feel the entirety of his being become ecstatic with jittery zeal. He begins to pander to the crowd after Devious nods to him as if he was giving him permission to do so. He climbs the top left corner and spreads his arms so the crowd may praise him. The crowd plays along, but now the confusion that was housed within them has gotten even more potent. Andrew doesn’t even seem to notice though, as the smile on his face proves that he’s just very excited from the praise that has been sent his way from his best friend. Devious casually drops the mic and begins clapping for Briggs, and the crowd just continues to cheer, not knowing what else to do. The promo seems over and Devious makes this assumption even stronger when he picks up the chair, seemingly going to put it back under the ring.

However, when he drops back down from the turnbuckle to look back at his friend, the image that he sees sends a million different thoughts to everyone watching the show, but mostly Briggs. The eyes of Devious aren’t the joyful ones that he had when he hanged out with his best friend, they were eyes of a...predator stalking its prey.

Time didn’t stop though, and he was too lost in Matt’s eyes to realize he was slamming the chair at the top of his skull at max speed.

The crowd is stunned silent after the loud BAM of the chair echoes throughout the arena, making it possible to even hear the small buzzing of a bee lost in a forest.

Devious just betrayed his best friend.

Briggs is unmoving, his dazed eyes staring up at his former ally.

Putting an end to the sea of silence, Matt picked up the mic and stared down at his former best friend, saying the final words that’ll mark the end of their friendship.

Matt Devious:
Because of Andrew Briggs, I’ve learned that I've wasted my damn time ever trying to make friends in this place…

Just like that, Matt simply rolls out of the ring, as if this were just part of a simple routine, and proceeds to walk backstage. As he was displaying not even a single ounce of regret from the betrayal, his eyes were different by the time we walked out of the arena that night. Almost as if the last droplets of humanity inside of Devious were dried out from that surprise action. The crowd was left silent, having to accept the fact that The Antagonist is dead, and The Hero Killer has arrived.
Master Ogon
Master Ogon
Midcard Playboy
Midcard Playboy

Humor : r truth

Back to top Go down

Because Of My Best Friend: Part One Empty Re: Because Of My Best Friend: Part One

Post by Mr. Dashing Mon May 07, 2018 1:16 pm

This was spicy, great job bro you've really developed from your first promo

Bludgeon

1x Mr. Money in The Bank, 2x World Heavyweight Champion, 1x United States champion, 2x CMV World Tag Team champion, 1x CMV International champion, 1x CMV Unified World Tag Team champion, 1x CMV Anarchy champion, KING of the RING 2019, former Supremacy general manager, Glammy award for Feud of the Year, Glammy award for Tag Team of the Year (W/Borton), 2x Glammy Award for Heel of the Year
Xander Slate
HOW WAS HE NOT A WORLD CHAMPION!?
Mr. Dashing
Mr. Dashing
Admin
Admin

Humor : Knock knock!

https://communityuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down