Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
Genesis' New Signing  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
Genesis' New Signing  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
Genesis' New Signing  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
Genesis' New Signing  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
Genesis' New Signing  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
Genesis' New Signing  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
Genesis' New Signing  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
Genesis' New Signing  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
Genesis' New Signing  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
Genesis' New Signing  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

Genesis' New Signing

+2
Maurie
Miztacular
6 posters

Go down

Genesis' New Signing  Empty Genesis' New Signing

Post by Miztacular Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:28 am

Cheeky little disclaimer.
Alveuss told me people don't enjoy characters who talk "realistically" not perfect at talking, some stuttering.The mannerisms such as him pausing and saying "you know" all the time. Tried to try something new with this character. Would suggest you read the caw bio, I guess because I've added that in you kinda need to know the accent. Just a generic Californian accent tbh.

-CMV.COM EXCLUSIVE!-

Our scene opens up in the CMV performance Institute to see Dave Turner standing behind a table, surrounded by members of the wrestling media including CMV's own Mac Thompson. Sitting beside the Genesis General Manager is the new signing to CMV, Luke Swanson, looking like he's just come in from a morning run, rocking some grey jogging bottoms and a black T-Shirt with the words "Compton" laid across the middle. He sits at the table, fidgeting, playing with his fingers, looking around the room, generally doing whatever he can to not make eye contact with the media members at the unveiling. Moments go by and Dave Turner gestures for security to close the room so this mini presser can begin, he picks up a microphone from the table and begins to speak.

Dave Turner:
Thank you ladies and gentlemen for coming here today, this isn't something we normally do when we announce a signing, but due to the magnitude of the announcement and the fact that Fusion and Genesis are currently in the midst of an off season if you will. It makes sense to do so. I'm sure all of you here are aware of who this man is, but for those watching around the world, this man needs no introduction, but I would formally like to announce Independent Legend, Luke Swanson has officially signed with CMV and he will be featured among the Genesis brand next season.

The small crowd of media members clap in appreciation of this announcement as Turner shakes his head, clearly happy with this done deal as he presses on.

Dave Turner:
Well, lets get to any questions you may have, I'll take the first question and then myself and Luke will be available for the next twenty minutes. Who's first.

Dave points to one of the media members and nods his head.

Random Wrestling Journalist #1:
Hey, Dave.

Dave nods in acknowledgement as he continues

How long were you in talks with Luke and what did it take to get him to come to Genesis over the other brands here in CMV?

Dave Turner:
Well, he's been on CMV's radar for as long as I've had any sort of power. You all know me, I enjoy a good technical wrestler, I mean I am, or at least was, the technical prodigy back in my heyday, and I've had my eye on him, even since the days when I was active myself. As for getting him on my brand over the others. It wasn't hard. No. You don't think we all wanted this guy? Haha, Sampson, Sullivan, Matthews. We all saw the potential in this kid but there's always been some.... Complications that have made it hard for us to sign him.

For that I have a follow up question. What did you mean by complications?

Dave Turner lets out a laugh and shakes his head, while Luke's face turns into a look of anger as he looks up to the ceiling, rubbing his chin.

Dave Turner:
I think you all know the complications, you're just trying to get Luke riled up here on his first day.

I just think it's part of the story, people are interested to know h--

Dave Turner:
What matters is that he is here now, next question. Luke will be open for questions now. I know you media guys are going to love him.

Dave lets out another laugh along with all of the media present. He nods to CMV's own Mac Thompson in the front row who rises to his feet with a Question.

Mac Thompson:
Luke, to your left.

Luke looks around the room before his eyes stumble upon Mac Thompson who smiles back at him, sending a chill right down Luke's spin causing him to shiver a tad in disgust.

Mac Thompson:
Hey Luke, welcome to CMV, now is it fair to say you're e--

Luke picks up the microphone, cutting Mac off in his tracks, opening his mouth to speak.

Luke Swanson:
I'm just gonna.. Uh, throw this out here real quick. I didn't, you know, I didn't uuuhh. I didn't want to be here, doing this shit, you know. But uh, Dave urm. Said I had too, so.... You know, it is what it is. I don't like this media crap very much, but uh, but they forced me out here..

A long pause relays around the room for a moment leaving the media looking around confused, before the distilled silenced in shattered by a forced chuckle out of Dave Turner.

Dave Turner:
You may continue now Mac.

Mac, looking rather confused, shakes it off and continues with his question.

Mac Thompson:
Is it fair to say Luke, that you're excited to be finally here, part of the Genesis roster after over a decade of struggling to find a home on the independent circuit?

Luke, slowly picks up the microphone again, with a sincere look of repugnance across his face as he begins to talk.

Luke Swanson:
I uhh, I don't really get.. Get where you're going with that um, are you askin' if I like wrestling or what? I uh I didn-- I didn't really catch that, but if it is uuhh, that's a... That's a real stupid question. You know? I'm out here putting my life on the line, and uhh you're as-- asking me if I enjoy it? Of course not, you know... There's no love in this, I'm coming home uhh from a, from a long day of training, bumped and banged up and for what you know? For.. For your enjoyment. No I don't enjoy this, why would I enjoy this. It's fuckin.. It's fucking painful dude, you know?

Mac Thompson:
But are you excited at the opportunity?

Luke lets out a loud sigh of disapproval before answering.

Luke Swanson:
Excited at the opportunity to what? Get.. get beaten down by tougher guys? This shit's painful man, you know um. Am I excited to be in the biggest, uuhh, biggest promotion in the world? Sure, but I don't... I uhh, I don't really care to much, you know. Where I uhh, where I wrestle. At the end of the I'm uhh doing this to support myself. To live...

Mac Thompson:
Thank you Luke..

Mac now turns his attention to Dave Turner.

Mac Thompson:
Is this one of the complications that were implied earlier, of course, CMV for the most part is a somewhat child friendly product. Do you feel as if perhaps Luke's dialect may become an issue on live, prime time television?

Before Dave Turner can respond, Luke Swanson already has retrieved his own microphone from the table looking to intrude on the question.

Luke Swanson:
I'm uuh, really startin' to not uhh, not like you Mac. I feel like you're up here uhh instigating shit, you know.

Luke turns to Dave and continues talking down the microphone.

Luke Swanson:
See uhh this is why... This is why I think this kinda media shit is stupid, you know. You all already know I'm the the best uhh, best wrestler on this roster, why do I gotta do all this uh, this media shit. You know? Shouldn't be like that, I don-- I don't care about any of you, like I'm sure it's your job I guess, but um I don't see why It's my problem to uuh to promote myself. I'm just gonna go out here, put everyone and their dad to sleep you know. It's ridiculous.

Dave Turner:
To answer your question Mac, it's not your problem, you don't have to worry about it. Next question.

Another journalist raises their hand and Dave once again nods.

Random Wrestling Journalist #2:
Hey, Luke you've been a household name around the independent circuit for almost a decade, it's coming up to 10 years since people started dubbing you the best technical wrestler outside in the world, and then it became the best technical wrestler outside of CMV, are you happy to be here now and does it frustrate you that it took you so long?

Luke mumbles something under his breath with a sense of anguish floating around him as he continues.

Luke Swanson:
You know it's uh, it's fucking frustrating to me why it took them so long. I'm out there day and night working hard, you know and they uh, they got some bland motherfuckers in here, you know, I'm sure uh, I'm sure they've got talent and such, but uhh, I don't get it. Ain't nobody here as good as me, but this place takes near enough a decade to give me a look in, it's weird to me and I uh.. I hate it. Because it's not about your ability.... It's just not... It's about how you talk. which uhh, you know.. I just.. I just, well it is what it is I guess.

But I'm here now, fucking... late into my prime, setting me up for failure, but I uhh, I don't care you know, I know these guys in here ain't got what I have and I'll show you all.

Random Journalist #3:
Hi Luke, earlier you mentioned there's no love in this, could you explain what you meant by that? Could you explain that mentality?

Luke looks around for a moment, before rubbing his hand through his hair, leaning back and then forward as he raises the microphone to his mouth.

Luke Swanson:
Uhmm

Luke brings the microphone in closer and exhales deeply, taking the time to thing about how to word his response.

Luke Swanson:
That's no--- That's pretty much what I said, it uhh, it says it all, what I said.. Yeah.. It's how.. It's what I meant. You know, it's.. It's what that means.

Luke removes the microphone from his mouth and begins nodding his head slightly as Turner chuckles to the side.

Dave Turner:
Alright we have time for one more question here today, you over there.

The microphone is passed to another one of the journalists in the front row.

Random Wrestling Journalist #4:
What's up Luke I--

Luke Swanson:
Not much man, uhh I'm just uh out here answering these stupid fucking questions. Like uh, who comes up with these questions dude. If you ask me a dumb question I'm gonna answer with a dumb response... Then when I realise I uh, I answered like an idiot I might throw a huge fucking fit and get real fucking mad. You know, I'm sitting here, training day in day out, low on energy, low on patience, and I have you motherfuckers asking me.. Asking me dumb shit like what dude?

Random Wrestling Journalist #4:
I just wanted to know if you had a dream matchup here in CMV?

Luke closes his eyes and turns his head briefly.

Luke Swanson:
Look... These guys, are all uhh good guys, there's respect here you know. I know what they go through, I'm uh, I'm one of them. But uh, no, not really. I get money you know, I love wrestling and I uh, I need money. So that's uh, that's kind of what it is I, what is I want, you know? Something... Something down those waters..

With that Dave Turner rises to his feet and nods his head, thanking the media who showed up today.

Dave Turner:
Thank you all for coming today, I look forward to working with Luke next season and am thankful to have signed him for Friday Night Genesis. See you all in two weeks for the new season! It's been great!

Some crew members come in and remove the table allowing the wrestling media to take photographs as Luke extends his arms in a southpaw stance while Dave lays his arm over Luke's shoulder and raises a thumbs up with his free hand. After a few moments the media crew begin to thin out through the exits and Luke shakes Dave's hand before wandering off himself effectively ending this segment, fading to black after showing the CMV Universe what they can expect on the coming season of Friday Night Genesis.
Miztacular
Miztacular
Admin
Admin

Humor : Making Sons uncomfortable

Back to top Go down

Genesis' New Signing  Empty Re: Genesis' New Signing

Post by Maurie Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:32 am

Make Turners name red or im not reading the rest

Jimmaurie Williams:  2x CMV International Champion. Debut Episode 109.
Parker: 1x European Champion
Anthony Brown: 1x Television Champion
Miles Kelly: 1x Longest Reigning Rising Star Champion
Maurie
Maurie
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : Meme Culture

Back to top Go down

Post by Topher Mod Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:01 am

You expect me to read all this?

Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : yes :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Solaris Arc Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:18 am

>CMV is Child friendly. 

B O I  I F  Y O U  D O N T

ACHIEVEMENTS
Josh Wolf:
CMV Global Champion (1x)
CMV Alpha World Champion (1x)
CMV United States Champion (1x)
CMV World Tag Team Champion (1x)
Inaugural Rising Star Champion (2x)

Harvey Hastings:
CMV Undisputed World Champion (1x)
US Champion (2x)

Amy Winters:
Women's IC Champion (2x)
Solaris Arc
Solaris Arc
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gumble Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:30 am

Is he related to Cub?

Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : Wet

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Personally, I don't mind it when it isn't jarring to the reader. It was a mindful decision in Ringo promos to abandon typing in a more pronounced broken English type of speaking, instead leaving it up to the reader to imagine it.

However, in Shane Scott promos, I include, "Ya" and "Ya' know?/Ya' dig?" because it adds to the characterization without spoiling the promo. Like that, Luke's voice is true, and it betters him as a character. Good deal.

Austin
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Miztacular Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Gumblesaur wrote:Is he related to Cub?
I expected someone to say joe from family guy tbh.

Also thanks for the feedback Austin.
Miztacular
Miztacular
Admin
Admin

Humor : Making Sons uncomfortable

Back to top Go down

Post by Topher Mod Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Ausy wrote:Personally, I don't mind it when it isn't jarring to the reader. It was a mindful decision in Ringo promos to abandon typing in a more pronounced broken English type of speaking, instead leaving it up to the reader to imagine it.

However, in Shane Scott promos, I include, "Ya" and "Ya' know?/Ya' dig?" because it adds to the characterization without spoiling the promo. Like that, Luke's voice is true, and it betters him as a character. Good deal.

Always used "Ya" for The Bloody Brit.... Ya know Smile

Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Topher Mod Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:29 pm

California?? damn I thought he was English... ya know... well now i'm pissed now

Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down