Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
THE BREAD REPORT FOR ASCENDENCE  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
THE BREAD REPORT FOR ASCENDENCE  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
THE BREAD REPORT FOR ASCENDENCE  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
THE BREAD REPORT FOR ASCENDENCE  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
THE BREAD REPORT FOR ASCENDENCE  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
THE BREAD REPORT FOR ASCENDENCE  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
THE BREAD REPORT FOR ASCENDENCE  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
THE BREAD REPORT FOR ASCENDENCE  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
THE BREAD REPORT FOR ASCENDENCE  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
THE BREAD REPORT FOR ASCENDENCE  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

THE BREAD REPORT FOR ASCENDENCE

Go down

THE BREAD REPORT FOR ASCENDENCE  Empty THE BREAD REPORT FOR ASCENDENCE

Post by ItsOnlyBread Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:33 pm

Welcome to Bread's Newsletter! You're number one source for wrestling news and show reviews! Before we get to reviewing ASCENDENCE! THE SHOW OF SHOWS! You all must have been wondering where I have been and to be frank, I don't think it is any of your business but! I have been in every nook and cranny of this business. Making connections backstage, being on every single wrestling podcast this side of the mississippi! Making appearances not only on television but wrapping around the writers room, in gorilla, even doing commentary, I have been on the top of the game! Though duty calls and I felt the need to return to give you a whole loaf’s worth of opinions on this grand show. So without further adieu, let's get started!

The Ozekai won the Slick B Memorial Battle Royal:
This match was, while initially a slog, really rode the momentum of everything and ended up being a great kickoff for the long show we would have ahead of us. A special shout out to Jet Suzuki for his amazing performance in this match scoring I believe 5 eliminations, truly an entertainer and maybe early signs for a push for the man?? Only time will tell but the real meat and potatoes came from the nail biting ending between Ethan Parker and the eventual winner The Ozekai. Phenomenal performance by both men and kept me at the edge of my seat.
3.75/5

Duo Maxwell def. Guri via pinfall:
The sentence I would use to describe this match would be “TWO MEATY HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS DOING MEATY THINGS” Truly this was a big man match. Nothing that all intriguing in terms of story, technical ability but goddamnit it was nice to see something simple with these two just beating the hell out of each other, which I can appreciate.
3.5/5

Jane Stone won the Magnificent 8 ladder match:
The better of the two ladder matches we saw at this event, this was everything chaotic and fun and terrifying about a match like this that I love. Shoutout for all these ladies getting it done in the ring and absolutely killing it. Oh and I saw Chloe not trip on those ropes which was a moment in itself, overall, great fucking match and while I am not entirely sure on the winner, I hope she can prove my doubts to be not warranted in the future.
4/5

Rhys Matthews def. Alvares via pinfall:
This match was uneventful to me, I don't know what to say, a couple of cool spots but man just typing this description is making me tired. This is a match that could have been skipped, enough said.
2/5

Danger Cat def. Golden Cat via pinfall:

While this match compared to even the Rhys vs Alvares match was a bit boring in terms of the actual wrestling. I would be lying if I said it didn't make up for it in the absolute storytelling, these two are amazing. I was truly invested in this match and if you have the ability to do that to a veteran like myself. You’re doing something right. I am very interested about the future of both of these guys, could be great names in CMV in the very near future.
4/5

Team Octane defeats Team Shockwave:
This match was as crazy as I suspected it to be and I was IMPRESSED with Logan Paul. Great in ring skills and crazy athletic. Seems like him and Osiris had a bit of a thing going on, who knows if that will go any further but I hope so because that piledriver on the outside to Logan was WILD to say the least. The rest of the match was impressive but also expected. I wasn’t left disappointed with this match.

EVIL Andoni def. Crimson X via submission:
…………….
1/5

Ace Reeves def. Robert Cross via pinfall:
Ugggh at this point in the show it entered a sort of lull period, this match was too short and too uneventful for me to have any ounce of a positive opinion of it.
1/5

Hunter Quinn def. Perry Heenan (c) via pinfall [Openweight Championship/Falls Count Anywhere]:
This was the beginning of stepping on the right track for night one. Having a solid match go a decent amount of time and have some interesting spots is all I could ask for. I believe the right man won. Textbook match
3/5

Tailcoat Val def. Jade Dynamite via pinfall:
NOW this was a MATCH. Great great great from start to finish, surely my match of the night. It was nice to see Jade back for this and she was in top form against Val. From start to finish I enjoyed myself and man it gave me so much more energy to finish out the night and I love this match so much for that. Truly great,
4.5/5

Jason Spade def. Blake Virtue, Troy Colt & Cam Harris (c) via pinfall [Global Championship/Fatal 4-Way 2/3 Falls]:
This match had everything going for it, 4 amazing talents, truly stars main evented this night of action. The match itself was energetic and loud, the crowd was loving it, everything was going well. Near fall after after near fall. These four set the tone great…….and then that ending happened I could feel a pin drop in that arena. I dont know about the booking aspect of it but god Jason had that crowd in the palm of his hand. Taking Troy out like that made him public enemy number one that night. You could argue that the match should have went a lot longer and stretched out a couple more moments which I would agree with you but that feeling of an entire arena being floored, mixed with fear and anger, beautiful. All 4 men did their thing and made a main event to remember.

NIGHT TWO

Pierre Thompson W/Davonte & Clarissa def. Michael Hawk (c) W/Daniel Thompson via pinfall [Undisputed Championship]:
NIght twooooooooooooooooooooooo and this was a solid start. This match wasn't amazing, I can't lie, but it did set the tone for what was ready for which was a welcome thing for me. Pierre looked great as always and he just carried himself in a way of a champion. Everything he does is top tier and I am glad he has his hands back on the strap.
3.25/5

Bloody Justice won the Money in The Bank ladder match:
In comparison to the Magnificent 8 ladder match this was underwhelming. A couple neat spots but not as fun as the night before which was a shame. Although it was very much compensated by having BLOODY JUSTICE win the match. That is perfect, he has been ready for the top for a long time now and with this briefcase I feel like he will rise to the occasion and make an absolute wave in this company.
3/5

The TED def. Machine Gun Kelly via pinfall:
This match was everything I expected to be honest. Logan from the night before set the bar HIGH for celebrity appearances and MGK didn't deliver on that degree but I will say he tried. I could tell he was taking it seriously and shout out to THE Ted for guiding him, the match wasn't that great but I can appreciate everything that most likely went into it.

Josh Wolf def. Bob Luger via pinfall [Unsanctioned]:
This match has been years in the making and delivered on every front. Completely brutal and heartfelt and emotional and my god this was a treat to have at this point in the show. I am very curious about the future of Luger after this match. These two told a story and every person in that arena understood and was enthralled. Nothing else to say, just great
5/5

Jeremy Barmore def. Richard Jelani via pinfall:
Aaaaaaaaaand we’re at the point in the show where the quality kind of drops to extreme levels. This match could have been left off and nothing would have changed.
1.25/5

Ogre Vex def. Adam Valentine [I Quit]:
Maan i don't know about this match at all. I got where they were trying to go. Make the newer guy look amazing by squashing the veteran but it just made valentine look sad and weak and he deserves a lot more than that. Maybe Ogre will become the next big thing but this match left a bad taste in my mouth.
0/5

Gianna Di Natale def. Neon (c) via pinfall [Women's Hardcore Championship/Extreme Rules]:
I am glad Gianna came out on top here. She has a very bright future, though this match was not her best. Really disappointed because I know these two could put on a clinic if they wanted. Maybe just an off day but time will tell.
2.5/5

Chris Diamond def. George King via submission [Hell in a Cell]:
George King and cell walls just go together. This match was so fun and entertaining. Him and Diamond putting on one hell of a match and a welcome change for the better. I felt like this match was much more put together and flowed much better. Overall it was just solid. Not better than his war with Adam Valentine but nothing could be compared to that but was great on its own, that’s for sure
3.75/5

Tailcoat Val def. Xander Slate via pinfall:
Another solid match, nothing extremely memorable or unique but a solid match nonetheless. That man was very impressive and I am sooo excited to see more. Though after this you got to wonder where the hell slate goes from here. I think he needs to look at himself and wonder what is next for him. WIth that being said I was not mad at what I received from them tonight. Val is a character and she is the absolute future of this company.
3.75/5

Kate Stronghart def. Ashley Rayne, Kio & Ellie Quinn (c) via pinfall [Women's World Championship]:
These 4 women have been the mvp’s of this season ever since the beginning and they proved it again tonight. If you have been keeping track with these women you would know this match couldn't be anything else but amazing. Phenomenal and with Kate Stronghart coming out on top, the women’s division is looking great.

Johnny Cloudcutter def. Dante Tatum via pinfall [Exposed Boards]:
The end to this story, at the biggest stage in cmv. Maaan this match was great, this match was what I love about this business. They got to every beat, the moments were amazing, the story was beautiful. These two are absolute units of performers. There isn't enough praise I could give this match. Wonderful, absolutely wonderful.
4.75/5

This PPV was everything it could have been and I was not disappointed. It had its highs and definitely it’s lows, but this show was certainly a banger and absolutely golden
8/10

ItsOnlyBread
Pleb
Pleb

Back to top Go down