Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
ASCENDENCE XI BREAD REPORT!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
ASCENDENCE XI BREAD REPORT!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
ASCENDENCE XI BREAD REPORT!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
ASCENDENCE XI BREAD REPORT!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
ASCENDENCE XI BREAD REPORT!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
ASCENDENCE XI BREAD REPORT!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
ASCENDENCE XI BREAD REPORT!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
ASCENDENCE XI BREAD REPORT!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
ASCENDENCE XI BREAD REPORT!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
ASCENDENCE XI BREAD REPORT!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

ASCENDENCE XI BREAD REPORT!!!!

Go down

ASCENDENCE XI BREAD REPORT!!!! Empty ASCENDENCE XI BREAD REPORT!!!!

Post by ItsOnlyBread Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:40 pm

Welcome to THE BREAD REPORT! Your number one source of wrestling news and show reviews and tonight! I’m coming at you with the OFFICIAL review for ASCENDENCE XI. Though before all of that I have to address something. Dashing, buddy. Let’s not go on this long road where you pretend like you’re anything other than a bum who got lucky enough to land this gig all those years ago. We all know the difference between me and you so how about you learn your place and sit back behind your desk. NOW…now that’s over with. Let’s get right into this review!

-Cam Harris won the Slick B Memorial Battle Royal

Once more the Slick B Memorial Battle Royal proves to be a hot start to this massive 3 day event. Filled with high amounts of action and absolute chaos. One of the better examples of this I saw during this entire thing. Not much to say about this one, these matches aim to entertain and it did its job very well. With the right winner coming out on top not to mention. I have high hopes for Cam Harris’ future after this match. Very fond of his work.
3.5/5

-BISON def. Amar'e Rivers via pinfall
This was never going to be a wrestling classic. It was never going to be a match we all looked backed to fondly. This was simply a HOG of a man beating down on the other and you know what? I can appreciate that.
3/5

-Shou Rong def. Ashley Riot via pinfall [No Holds Barred Match]

Man, this match was amazing. What you would expect from these two gals. Ashley Riot has truly been showing out when it comes to these big shows and that's gotta make you wonder what exactly is her next move after all of this. She has been a pleasant name in the women’s division and even though she suffered a loss here. She looked amazing in defeat. Now let's talk about Shou Rong. Amazing talent and spoilers to Day 2. Will be an amazing Women’s Champion. She dominated in this match and put on the exact kind of showing that was needed. Tremendous.
4/5

-JB Hayes (c) def. Paul Divine via pinfall [NGW Championship]

This match was disappointing to say the least. I expect much more from Paul Devine and it was a bit of a bore for this humble man. If I did have to put a positive spin on this match. JB looked fantastic. He tried his best to show out at the show of shows and he did the best he could. While this match wasn't his best, perhaps a lack of chemistry between the two. He at least has a very bright future.
2/5

-Chloe Marx def. Amelia Jones via pinfall
This match was technically a good match but it really was a slog to get through. It felt like the pacing was off and perhaps a little sloppy. Which was unfortunate because the presentation of these two girls was fantastic and the opening minutes were not bad either. Amelia making her Ascendence debut I believe and looking like an absolute star. Though Chloe and her new look and attitude really made a moment out of this last minute addition to the card. I look forward to seeing what she does with this new attitude for her character. Overall the two girls showed great foundations for the future but as it stands, This match was ok.
2.5/5

-Leon Garra def. Chris Diamond (c) W/Leon Valente via pinfall [Global Championship]

Maan I don't know if Chris got injured or if that was the true plan but all I can say is it sucked the life out of the London crowd when the 3 was counted. That can be good in some ways but this felt like deflating a balloon. Truly affecting the feel of the rest of the show and it was noticeable. Never will understand this decision. Hard to not factor in the ending so heavily for this match. Truly unfortunate.
1/5

-Post Malone & KLIQ def. Desolation & Dashing DJ Urie via pinfall [Tornado Tag Team Match]

Now truth be told I am a little biased here. My beautiful voice was on commentary as the bum dashing was with the rest of desolation fighting Kliq and Post Malone. Now a part of me wants to shit on this match but I can't. It was fun, understanding its place in the card and what we wanted. Did not drag on for too long. Plus Post absolutely killed it, doing moves that to be honest with you, I've never seen before. Fun match that brought a little bit of energy back into the crowd which was desperately needed.
4/5

-MORGAN def. Ace Reeves (c) via pinfall [Right of Passage Championship]

Slightly better than JB vs Paul but not by much. I respected what MORGAN was able to do. His presentation was amazing tonight and looks to be on the up in CMV. Other than that, however. Nothing special.
2/5

-Chris Andrews def. Josh Wolf [London Street Fight Iron Man Match] MATCH OF THE NIGHT

This match was emotional. It was violent. Filled with moments. I cannot think of a match that was as insane as this match in forever. Even Bob Luger vs Josh wolf at Ascendence X Wasn't as insane as this. There is truly too much to go over that happened in this match but just know the biggest compliment I could give this match is to recommend to all of you to go watch it right now. This will go down as one of the greatest matches in Ascendence history. Phenomenal.
6/5

Day 2

-Leon Valente def. PROPHET! Shanaz Andoni via submission
Skip this match…that’s all.
0/5

-Ugbjorn won the Money in The Bank ladder match

Ascendence XI and X have proven to me that for whatever reason. The men of CMV don't put on great multiman ladder matches. This match was extremely short, no memorable moments. As well as in a moment needing to recover from whatever happened before this math. They were unsuccessful. I did not mind Ugbjorn winning, he has been on the rise for a while in CMV. Time will only tell if he proves to be a valuable commodity.
2.5/5

-Setu Afasaki def. Dave Turner via pinfall
Another entry in the extremely short and uneventful match category of Ascendance Day 2 with 1 exception. Setu looked amazing out there. This guy was impressive as hell and used this opportunity to showcase why he was the future. I was mesmerized by this guy and he sure as shit impressed me. Looking forward to what he does in the future. It would be a shame for this guy to go to waste. He could be big.
2.5/5

-Astrid Stjerne (c) def. Ashley Rayne via pinfall [Rising Star Championship]
Improving on what we had already seen that night wasn't going to be hard but these ladies still managed to show out at least a little more than the rest of the people on this card. Ashley proves to be a true veteran in her craft, guiding this young lady to a fast paced and thrilling encounter. It was an amazing idea to put the strap on Astrid and she seems like she is going to absolutely run wild with it. Which I think will be a good time for CMV.
3.5/5

-Rhys Matthews, The Cold Stones Creamery & Nick Avery def. First-Class [Hardcore War]
Aaaaand back to dull. I wanted to like this match but it truly was over in a flash. The assault on the British announce table was nice but outside of that, nothing of note. However when Rhys and Mr.Green do clash I hope for it to be a BANGER of a match.
2/5

-Bloody Justice def. Blake Virtue via pinfall
The debut of the HARVESTER was…pretty good. I loved the look. The presentation was there. I kind of wish he changed up his move set a little bit to reflect the change in character but overall this did what it tried to do. Get the HARVESTER over and be a showcase for him which was needed for his character. Plus it is very hard for Blake Virtue to have a bad match.
3/5

-The Influence def. Resurgence, The Saiko Imperium, The Long Island Dragons & KLIQ (c) via pinfall [Tag Team Turmoil Match/Unified World Tag Team Championship]
This Tag Team Turmoil match was desperately needed this far in the show and was a nice change of pace. The teams were able to showcase their stuff and get their time in which was nice. Plus the surprise of The Influence picking up the win was a pleasant surprise. Overall a much needed boost in energy after an unfortunate slog of a first half on this show.
3.5/5

-Amber Reed def. Jason Spade via pinfall
As Jason Spade goes into the hall of fame and retires he was sure to do one last good thing and have a good match against a future hall of famer in Reed. This match was simple but effective. Doing a greatest hits of sorts, they just had a match to remind the people that when these 2 get together. There are few better.
3.75/5

-The Prestige (c) def. The ATL via pinfall [Tornado Tag Team Match/NGW Tag Team Championship]
ATL looked impressive here even in defeat. Decent match with a few good spots in there but once again, nothing special.
2.5/5

-Shou Rong def. Ellie Quinn (c) via pinfall [Women's World Championship] MATCH OF THE NIGHT
This match was short, sweet, and hard hitting. An emotional bout that these two ladies put on in the main event of night 2. I have to say that Ellie Quinn truly is a star. Her career so far in CMV has proven to be a highlight for me and watching the rise has been incredibly fun. She will be a mainstay for many years to come. Shou Rong…This lady impresses me as well. I wasn't sure about her at first but she has come into her own. Seeing her as champion should yield an interesting energy in the women’s division. Amazing.
4/5

Day 3

-Ari Lee won the Magnificent Eight ladder match
I think this match was perfect. It lasted just long enough without dragging. So many nail biting moments. So much carnage and destruction. As well as so many close calls, after a certain point I had no idea who would win the damn thing. Though Ari Lee winning seemed to be an appropriate bow that has been wrapped on her list of accomplishments here in CMV. For everything this match was, it was amazing.
5/5

-Jay Young def. Ben Stacy via pinfall
This match was good. It will forever be hard for Jay to have a bad match but him and Ben have something to be proud of . They didnt do anything too crazy but they had a competent match while also cooling off the crowd from the ladder match before them. I am glad that we will be seeing more from Jay Young as well.
3/5

-The Arsenal of Justice vs. The Uncut Gems vs. The Orange Crush Girls vs. ShawVW ended in a DRAW
It was over before it got going. Unfortunately but that's the business sometimes.
0/5

-Peligro (c) def. Paul Mota via pinfall [Extreme Rules Match]
I was expecting a little more carnage from this match but it was fairly one sided. Peligro has been on a tear recently. This new character seems to fit him much better and you can tell it has improved his in ring work tenfold. Overall decent match but not quite extreme in the way it needed to be.

-John Lipnick def. Joseph Santos via KO
Lipnick has felt a bit in limbo since the start of this season and I felt this was a good way to try to get his status up a bit. It is unfortunate that it came at the cost of Joseph Santos. I don't know what they need to do with him but I hope he and whoever is booking the show figures it out soon because Santos could be a major player if allowed to be. Overall an ok match but a decent showing for Lipnick.
2.5/5

-Troy Colt def. George King via pinfall [Unsanctioned Match] MATCH OF THE NIGHT
It was so hard for me to choose between this and the magnificent 8 ladder match for match of the night but I ultimately chose this for the story. This match was violent, had moments, and had all of the cool and devastating spots that the ladder match had. However the story in this one trumped anything the ladies could have done with what they had. Troy’s attempts to fight back at the overwhelming force that is George King was a beauty to watch. I don't know what is next for both men but a match like this in a prime spot like this, it needed to deliver and it more than did,
5/5

-Hunter Quinn def. The Earl (c) via pinfall [Intercontinental Championship/Country Club Rules Match]
I had so much fun watching this match. It was different but the charm was off the roof. Hunter Quinn and The Earl have crazy chemistry. So much so that I hope the feud is not over after this. This was a blast to watch and a good breather from the emotional journey we went on previously.
4.5/5

-Ricky Jelani def. Shay Hoxton (c) via pinfall [Undisputed World Heavyweight Championship]

What can I say? Sometimes the obvious choice is the best choice. Jelani has been on fire these past few months and the crowd was behind him 100%. It was amazing to watch. Shay Hoxton doing what he does best and being an absolute dick in contrast to Jelani’s hype was a master class. This match didn't have the bells and whistles. Didn't have the blood or carnage. But it had 2 wrestlers at the top of their game tell a phenomenal story. Amazing.
4.75/5

Overall this ppv was PHENOMENAL. Day 2 was a bit of a drag but day 1 and 3 more than made up for it. CMV has perfected these big shows and continues to impress. Not much more I can say than to be on the lookout for these guys. This show was special.
8.5/10

Thank you all for reading. I appreciate all of you except for dashing. I have been your humble reviewer and I will have to make my leave. Thank you for reading and I'll see all you HOGS..later!!

ItsOnlyBread
Pleb
Pleb

Back to top Go down