Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
A Press Conference with Senator Hoxton Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
A Press Conference with Senator Hoxton Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
A Press Conference with Senator Hoxton Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
A Press Conference with Senator Hoxton Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
A Press Conference with Senator Hoxton Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
A Press Conference with Senator Hoxton Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
A Press Conference with Senator Hoxton Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
A Press Conference with Senator Hoxton Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
A Press Conference with Senator Hoxton Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
A Press Conference with Senator Hoxton Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

A Press Conference with Senator Hoxton

Go down

A Press Conference with Senator Hoxton Empty A Press Conference with Senator Hoxton

Post by Shay UA Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:01 pm

The camera comes in to Senator Shay Hoxton in a red pinstripe suit standing behind a podium with the Nevada flag draped over the front. In front of him is a sea of reporters and Nevada citizens.

Mr. Hoxton! Mr. Hoxton!

Dozens of reporters are all shouting for the chance to speak. Shay simply smiles and pulls out a deck of cards from his jacket. He begins shuffling while counting the reporters in his head, then pulls a card.

Seven of Diamonds.

You, the reporter with the floral shirt.

Senator Hoxton, after Christmas Clash, people are asking if the rumors are true: did Killian Redd break your ribs at Ascendance VIII?

Shay runs his hand through his hair with a smile on his face, wagging a finger at the reporter.

It’s true to an extent. I did suffer a minor injury while protecting CMV from that animal. The way he threw people around, slammed them down, all with such reckless regard, it truly is sickening. People have asked me why Killian Redd and I did fight on such a personal level, at it all came from my passion. Killian Redd was a danger to CMV, and when he came into Nevada in his hopes of being a vigilante, he put our people in danger. That danger led to his own friend - Vance Vintage - being put in a full body cast! Just imagine what that behavior would’ve done to someone he didn’t like…

That’s why I told him off, and his anger demanded a match with me. I chose to be diplomatic, let him know I wouldn’t fight him without him retiring after, and shockingly he accepted. His lack of composure gave me a chance to take the steps to a better future, and I took it. Unfortunately, yes, I did sustain a bruised rib in the process, but it should heal very soon. I can compete both in ring and in office with little problems, other than making it harder to catch my breath.

While I don’t wish to… discredit Patch Mondo on his victory, congratulations to him, I do believe that match would’ve gone very differently without my injury. Next question.

Mr. Hoxton! Mr. Hoxton!

Shay shuffles his deck again, and pulls a Queen of Clubs.

You, the woman in blue.

Senator Hoxton, what are your plans on the drug crisis in Reno?

Shay nods eyes closed, his smile not leaving.

Wonderful question! This has been my top priority in office, and my cabinet and I have already made great progress! I don’t wish to go into too much detail to avoid giving any advantages to the drug running scum of Reno, but all I can say is that all our fears will be coming to an end very soon. Next question.

Mr. Hoxton! Mr. Hoxton!

Shay pulls the Ace of Spades. He reshuffles. Four of Hearts.

You, man in the purple suit.

Senator Hoxton, fellow Nevada athlete Cam Harris has spoken poorly of you on social media, tweeting, “Not my senator” during your match at Christmas Clash. What are your thoughts on this?

Shay simply laughs at this.

I mean no disrespect to Cam Harris, we all know his upset attitude is simply because he’s mad about losing, he is a competitor after all! Everybody knows Mr. Harris supported former Senator Rosen, and I’m sure he just hasn’t accepted failure. After his victory at the Clash, I’m sure his attitude will be a lot brighter, but even if it isn’t, what kind of senator would I be if I allowed such a small, minor, miniscule cry upset me? Next question.

Mr. Hoxton! Mr. Hoxton!

Eight of Clubs.

You, the one who looks shockingly similar to Tom Holland.

Senator Hoxton, what do you think about the accusations of rigging in the recent election?

Shay sternly shakes his head.

Conspiracy theories, baseless conspiracy theories. Not only is there no proof, but no motive. Everybody knows that the people of Nevada love me, and I’d have no reason to risk everything on something that I would win anyways. It just makes no sense! Before you know it, people will be saying the election was filmed by a fish eyed lens!

A small laughter echoes in the room. Shay looks around the room at all the reporters when someone in the back catches his eye: a  white haired woman in a plague doctor mask. The color quickly flushes out of Hoxton’s face, and he waves over a staff member, whispering in his ear.

I need security to immediately apprehend that woman in the back in the…

Shay looks again, but there is no masked woman. He scans the room quickly, wildly, but she’s gone. He pathetically waves off the staff member, disbelief covering his face.

No further questions.

Mr. Hoxton! Mr. Hoxton!

Senator Shay Hoxton walks off stage, the scene fading to black.
Shay UA
Shay UA
Rising Star
Rising Star

Humor : Dark

Back to top Go down