Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
NXT Promo Center - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
NXT Promo Center - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
NXT Promo Center - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
NXT Promo Center - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
NXT Promo Center - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
NXT Promo Center - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
NXT Promo Center - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
NXT Promo Center - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
NXT Promo Center - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
NXT Promo Center - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

NXT Promo Center

+11
KingWolf
krzy
Miztacular
DieCobros
DynamicWrestler
Zak
Twyztad
edgy shitbag
RiftedEnergy
Mr. Dashing
SonOfAnarchy91
15 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

NXT Promo Center - Page 5 Empty Re: NXT Promo Center

Post by krzy Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:04 pm

During the commercial break…

The crowd boos as The United Kingdom celebrates getting one up over Larry. After the job well done, the tag team champions exit the arena, and the mood in the atmosphere changes as Larry bangs the mat in frustration after the loss. In a show of support the people begin to chant his name. Larry rolls out of the ring and grabs a microphone.

“I may be alone right now,” he begins, looking out at the thousands of people giving him their love, “but you should be chanting the name of the man who should be here by my side ready to fight those perras The Ascension to the bitter end!”

Now the fans are chanting “Rick! Rick! Rick!” and Larry bobs his head in time with the chants.

“That’s what I’m talking about! See, if I was 100%, the ending of this match would have been 100% different, but those punks knew that I was hurt after what happened to me two weeks, ago and they took advantage. Not that I blame them or anything.”

Larry cracks a smile.

“If I knew that I would be fighting me, I would take every advantage I could get too!”

The fans cheers while Larry takes a moment to collect his thoughts.

“But I’m not in the business of making excuses,” Larry says, his expression serious, his eyes sharp. “I’m in the business of kicking ass and taking names and you’ve been begging for the beating of the lifetime!”

Larry begins pacing back and forth outside of the ring.

“Rick almost beat both of you on one leg, so imagine when I got both of those bad boys primed and ready to kick both of your asses!”

The crowd pops at the thought.

“As long as the doctor’s don’t tell me I’m dead then there will always be enough fight left in me to defend myself and my friends. Viktor… Konner, I’m calling you both out. I’m going to finish what Rick started. I don’t care if it’s two on one, I don’t care if it’s two thousand on one, I will fight until there’s not a single drop of blood in this body!”

Larry rubs his forearm across his forehead.

“Rick may not like the sound of that, but I didn’t make it as far as I have in this life, by staying down when I got knocked to the ground. I always get up and I always get my revenge, and you two puntas will be no different.”

Larry takes a deep breath, his words oozing passion, his intentions clear.

“You want to say that we don’t deserve to be tag team champions, well it’s going to take a lot more than what you did to keep us away from those belts. Rick will be back, mark my words. But if he takes too long, you’ll both be long gone before that day comes. Just name the time and the place and I will be there.”

Larry drops the mic and the crowd cheers loudly. The video feed cuts off while he makes his way out of the arena.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miztacular Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:46 am

Kanes theme hits, and he comes out, however this time with only JustIN Sane, they walk down to the ring together, Kane already has his mic in hand. Kane climbs over the rope, stands in the centre of the ring and raises the mic to his mouth.

Kane:
Now.... You might be wondering, where Casey Reyes is tonight, we've rewarded him, for his efforts, and given him the night off.

However, as the General manager of NXT, It's my job, to do what's best for business. So, tonight, Kent, you will not be allowed to rest, instead, you will be placed in a tables match. Your opponent, will be Kendra's opponent in three weeks time, Richard Thunder. Thunder, if you fail to impress me here tonight, Casey Reyes will take your place, at NXT Arrival, and you, will not be seen, on the card.

Do some damage Thunder, because that's, what's best for business.

As Kane and JustIN Sane go to leave the ring, Bryan Novaks theme hits, and the crowd go wild, Kane already out on to the apron, turns his attention to the ramp. Novak however, comes out from under the ring on the otherside, he rolls into the ring and JustIN Sane turns to get smacked in the face by the European Championship. Kane climbs back on to apron and gets hit by the bullhammer for his troubles! Bryan Novak stands tall, with the European Championship held high!
Miztacular
Miztacular
Admin
Admin

Humor : Making Sons uncomfortable

Back to top Go down

Post by Twyztad Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:42 am

We are taken to somewhere in the backstage just outside of the NXT General Manager's office to hear the end of a conversation between General Manager Kane and Casey Reyes.

Kane
I'm expecting the disappointment to stop soon, Casey. I brought you in here because I saw your potential and I understand your story, but you haven't proven anything just yet. When I debuted, my presence was known as a monster while you, so far you look more like Ryan Kent's whipping boy.

Casey Reyes
Look, I know things haven't been the best, but I'm only two losses in. Just give me time and I'll prove to have been worth the signing spot.

Kane
I'm only going to be able to give you a few more months to prove your worth to me before I'm forced to do ... what's best for business.

Casey sits for a moment and soaks this in before getting up and leaving but his trip to wherever is stopped by Renee Young.

Renee Young
Casey, may I ask you a few questions.

Casey says nothing in response, but doesn't leave allowing Renee to assume that he is open for questions.

Renee Young
You haven't had the greatest start here in NXT, what are your plans moving forward?

Casey Reyes
My plans are simple, yet unlike any other here. While people are busy fumbling about trying to win the NXT Tag Team Championship or the NXT Championship, I've got more pressing matters to attend to. I'm sure you are familiar with my brother Jackie, correct?

Renee Young
Of course, he is-

Casey Reyes
Good, let me tell you a little story about me and my brother. You see my brother has always been the lucky one of the two of us. He was born with all this talent, ability, and charisma and right away he knew what to do with it. Me? I got none of that. I had to work to get where I am. While my brother was capturing titles in his teens, I was still training until my mid-20s. Then, as fate would have it, my brother gets called up to the big leagues by one of the biggest companies in the world: WWE. And despite my negative attitude towards him, I was happy for him because that's something big. Wouldn't you be happy for your brother?

Renee Young
I gu-

Casey Reyes
But, come to find out, he didn't even send his brother a nudge; he didn't tell Vince or JBL that he knows someone who is talented and hardworking, no he wanted to keep all the glory to himself. What kind of sick person doesn't even bother to look out for his family?

Renee Young
I-I don't kn-

Casey Reyes
So my plan is simple, I am here to decimate those in my way on my path to get my hands on my brother. Anyone who tries to stop me will find out very quickly that they have an Omega, and I am that Omega.

Casey then turns away from Renee and looks at the camera, staring through everyone in the backstage area and any watching superstar on both shows before finishing.

Casey Reyes
Do not stand in my way.

With this, Casey takes a final glace at Renee before marching off to wherever he was headed originally.
Twyztad
Twyztad
Midcard Playboy
Midcard Playboy

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Online Exclusive Promo:

………. As Ryan Kent’s theme plays faintly in the background, Larry is seen pacing backstage. He’s in street clothes and not wearing any face paint. Instead, he wears an expression of anger and frustration. He loudly lets out a breath and runs a hand through his hair to get the lose strands out of face. After turning to face the camera, Larry starts to speak.

………. “Look at me standing around here like an idiot, when I could have been making sure those doctors were doing everything to make sure that Rick comes back ASAP,” Larry says while visibly restraining himself from bursting out in anger.

………. “I knew I didn’t have a match tonight, but I thought those punks from the Ascension would have the cojones to show their faces around here,” Larry pauses and grits his teeth. “But I guess that’s not how they operate.”

………. Larry finally loses control and turns away from the camera. He pounds on the wall with both fists, then kicks it, but that only seems to make him angrier because the wall is no substitute for The Ascension.

………. “You guys talked a whole bunch of smack when we were out of earshot and had no problem fighting us when our backs were turned or you had the numbers advantage,” he says. When he turns to face the camera you can almost see the fire burning in his eyes.

………. “So what’s the difference now, huh? You guys don’t think I’m worth your time? Or maybe you’re scared because you thought we were going to lie down and take what you had to dish out with smiles on our faces?”

………. Larry smirks at the thought of that. “No, I’m fighting back. You started something and I’m going to make sure that this ends one way or another. My challenge stands. I want you both in that ring when the pay per view rolls around. If you decide you’d rather stay at home where it’s safer all that means is that I’ll have to hunt you down.”

………. As a thought hits him, Larry’s eyes grow softer. “You tried to take my best friend away from me. You tried to take our dream away from us,” he says with a nearly overwhelming amount of passion. “Becoming tag team champions in this company is something that we wanted for years and I’ll be damned if I let the likes of you two stop us from getting there.”

………. Larry pauses for a second before continuing. “Your biggest mistake was leaving me alive.”

……….The feed cuts off as Richard Thunder’s theme starts to play far off in the background.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:33 pm

As Ryan Kent's music fades out, we are taking to the corridors of the NXT arena, where TJ Kendra is seen pacing back and forth. Kendra turns to the camera to reveal a crimson mask, along with the now bloody NXT Championship!

TJ:
This world.....this world is a hysterical place, man. A place that parents hide from their children because the truth is too hard to handle. This world.....it's just not a place for us, is it? It's a desolete minefield, ready to blow you to pieces. Once wrong step, a bit of false footing...you are a dead man walking. It's critical you know your place so you stay in nature's goodbooks.

Kendra flares up, the animosity almost burning out of control

TJ:
Nature hasn't been returning my phone calls....

Kendra finally snaps, throwing the NXT Title on the concrete floor!

TJ:
I do everything I can to survive here, to protect my family from the things that go 'bump' in the night but for some reason, putting food on the table for my family is like winning the goddamn lottery! It's near impossible! Ryan Kent...Richard Thunder....Justin Sane, Casey Reyes, Bryan Novak, Kane....if you thought I can't slither to the lowest depths of the underground to prove a point by attacking Ryan Kent....boy oh boy have I fooled you! That's just a modicum of my arsenal I can unleash on you!

TJ turns straight to the lens, showing a newfound intensity.

TJ:
Casey Reyes....at NXT ArRival, I am going to hurt you. I am going to punish you. Prepare yourself. In 3 weeks time, you will not face a somalian pirate. You will not face a wrestler. You will not face a wrestler with a 1-3 track record, and you are certainly not facing TJ Kendra. At NXT ArRival, you face a man. A man who holds the key to whether you make it out of ArRival alive. I live wrestling. I bleed wrestling. I'll die wrestling....I will kill you in the name of wrestling.

TJ punches the camera man in the face and throws the camera into the wall. Out of the broken lens, we see Kendra grab a hammer and smash the NXT Title with it. Kendra grabs the broken title and walks away while muttering 'we're taking over'.

Back to top Go down

Post by edgy shitbag Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:23 am

As NXT opens up we see the goliath that is Duo walking to the locker room.  The camera focused on the phenom, the future of NXT.  He walks tall with no fear of his surroundings.  Out of focus and from behind the God of Death we see a dark shadow lurking, stalking the giant.  He moves through the shadows like a ninja and at the last moment strikes with a chop block to Duo's legs.  Maxwell drops like a sack of potatoes grabbing at his legs in pain.  The attacker stands above him smiling. He reaches down and grabs hold of Duo's left arm and rolls him up into an inverted armbar.  The future champion begins to tap...and like the gentleman that he is, the attacker lets up almost immediately.  He stands to his feet as Duo withers around in pain. The man stands tall above Duo admiring what he has just done.  He looks to the camera as it focuses on his face

I'm Dave Skylark and tonight you will see me dominate my opponent in great fashion. Tonight on Skylark Tonight. 

With those words Dave flashes his patented smile to the camera and gives a pose as we still see Duo withering in pain in the background.

edgy shitbag
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfAnarchy91 Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:26 pm

Tom Phillips: Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome back to NXT Ace Stephens!

*Stephens is greeted by a mixed reaction by the audience*

Ace: No you know what, don't welcome me back to this cesspool. JBL I demand to be brought back to the main roster immediately! I am a former Intercontinental and Hardcore Champion dammit I deserve respe- What the hell are you looking at?

*the camera zooms out to show Boso staring at Ace in what seems to be amazement*

Boso: Wowww.

Ace: Seriously dude whats your problem?

*Boso says nothing and just laughs as he walks away*

Boso: Hahahaha-hoho-ha-hehe.

Ace: See Tom? I don't belong on this show what kind of freak show are you guys run-
NXT Promo Center - Page 5 Jerry_Lawler_s_King_s_Court_With_Doink_The_Clown_zpstfxzkjks
*unable to remove the bucket from his head Ace wanders off shouting for help*

Boso: Ahahaha-hoho-weee, hrmph. Hey Steve-O, Why So Serious? Ahhhhahahaha.
SonOfAnarchy91
SonOfAnarchy91
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Humor : Chimichanga...

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:30 pm

………. The camera cuts in just in time to see Larry banging on the door of The General Manager’s office. He lost a grueling match and that’s salt to the sound at this point as The Ascension continues to remain silent.

………. Larry starts kicking the door, letting all of his frustration out until it finally swings open and he finds himself face to face with Kane. The once anonymous GM looks annoyed, and Larry looks pissed. The tension in the air is thick and even though this is the first time these two men have met, it feels like they could break out into a vicious brawl at any second.

………. Still, Kane maintains his calm demeanor and casually adjusts his suit while Larry stares daggers into his eyes. When he speaks his voice is even.

………. “Can I help you with something?” he asks in a tone of voice that gives away that he would rather not assist Larry with anything at the amount. Just because he doesn’t want to isn’t going to stop Larry, however.

………. “Yeah, I think you can,” Larry spits out. “You’re supposed to be the head honcho around here, right? El Jefe, the man who knows ‘what’s best for business.’”

……….Kane smirks at the last bit and is about to respond to that, but Larry doesn’t give him the opportunity.

………. “I want The Ascension. I’ve made that clear for weeks now, but they keep on hiding in the shadows.”

……….Larry runs a hand through his hair while taking deep breaths. He must be exhausted after that battle he had with Franko, but his mind’s already on other things.

………. “So what I want now is for you to force them to compete, force them to fight, force them to prove that they’re men.”

………. Larry doesn’t say anything more, his point his made. His intentions are clear. Kane doesn’t respond immediately, though. He’s pulling a power move by making Larry wait to see what the General Manager will have to say. Finally he clears his throat and speaks in that same emotionless manner.

………. “I don’t know who you think you are,” Kane begins and immediately Larry has something to say back.

………. “I’m one-half of The R ‘n’ L Express your future NXT tag champions, future WWE tag team champs, and future first-ballot Hall of Famers. So I guess it’s due time that you get to know us.”

………. Kane smirks once again, this time at the brashness of this man who’s less than half his size, but possibly has a heart twice as large…assuming Kane has a heart to begin with.

………. “That’s a bright future you think you have,” Kane replies, “but here in the present, in the real world, you’re a nobody – certainly not somebody who can walk around here making demands.”

………. This isn’t going the way Larry wanted it to, that’s clear from the look on his face. He probably expected Kane to have the contracts for the match ready by the time he came around.

………. “So what? The match isn’t happening?” Larry asks and he doesn’t wait for an answer. “Because I can take them both. I can beat them both. Me coming back here to you, was just a formality, because one way or another I am going to hunt them down and kill them before they can get to us again.”

………. Kane simply shakes his head.

………. “You’ve proven twice this month that you cannot hold your own in singles matches. So what makes you think you’ll fare better in a handicap match?” Kane looks right into Larry’s eyes as he says that. Much like Larry, he doesn’t wait for an answer to the question he posed.

………. “Making another handicap match is a waste of everyone’s time because everyone knows what the outcome of that confrontation will be.”

………. That cuts Larry deep, the fact that Kane is telling him to his face that he isn’t good enough to win a match, to win a fight, to defend himself or his best friend. Larry is furious now and he raises his voice while taking a step closer to Kane.

………. “Yeah! Everyone knows that when I get into the ring with them, that I’ll beat both of their asses so bad that you’ll have to peel them off of the mat.”

………. Kane pauses for a moment before taking things in a completely different direction. “I advise you to keep your distance.”

………. That only makes Larry take another step closer. “Yeah? Or else what?”

………. Someone grabs Larry by the hair and violently jerks him down to the ground. The camera pans back to reveal The Ascension! Konnor grabs Larry by the hair once again and pulls him to his feet so that the two are face to face.

………. “You should be careful what you wish for,” Konner growls.

………. Larry’s voice gives away that he’s in major pain, but he refuses to show it. “Fuck you.”

………. He low blows Konnor and begins pounding away at him with several sharp kicks just trying to do as much damage as he can. His flurry only lasts seconds before Viktor takes Larry and slams him into the wall! Not satisfied, Vicktor pulls Larry off the ground and leaves him wobbling on his feet. Viktor and Konnor then charge forward and nails Larry with Fall of Man!

………. The two men hover over Larry’s body while Kane walks over.

………. “The most you deserve is a singles match, Larry,” Kane says. “But I’ll be kind enough to let you choose which member of The Ascension you get to fight.”

………. The screen fades to black as Kane turns around to head back into his office while Konnor and Viktor chuckle.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Twyztad Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:09 am

We are live at NXT and taken to a lockerroom where NXT Rookie Casey Reyes is sitting in a chair lacing up his boots, the straps on his singlet are by his side and his elbowpads lying beside him on a bench. His pre-match preparation is interrupted as Byron Saxton walks in with a microphone in hand, ready to give an interview.

Byron Saxton
Casey, may I ask a few questions before your match tonight against Duo Maxwell?

Casey finishes lacing his boots before standing up and beside Byron, but saying nothing as usual, allowing Byron to assume its safe to continue.

Byron Saxton
You joined one of the biggest and most successful stable in Community Universe, X-Gen, just last week. Why exactly is that?

Casey Reyes
Was it not simple enough? You see, me and X-Gen have a common interest so to speak. X-Gen wants to destroy JBL and end his reign of terror, I want to destroy my brother, and as it happens Jackie happens to work with JBL. I would be a fool not to lend my hand to them under these circumstances.

Byron Saxton
Understandable. Last week, this news of you joining X-Gen came after you teamed with X-Gen member Steve Blizzard in a successful Elimination Tag Team victory just a week prior. This week, you take on fellow X-Gen member Duo Maxwell, how are you feeling about taking on the so-called "God of Death"?

Casey pulls a Jackie maneuver and looks in the air as if looking for the right words before finally speaking.

Casey Reyes
I look at it as a warm-up. We both have big matches going into NXT ArRival, and tonight we need to make the other is prepared. This means, that like every other week, me and Duo are going to go out there and attempt to destroy each other.

Byron Saxton
I that such a good move?

Casey Reyes
Of course it is. To become a better wrestler, you have to be able to handle the pain you dish out, and I know if I can walk away from Duo's punishment, then TJ Kendra is going to need a little more than his 'Pirate's Knife' and his ship...

Casey leans in uncomfortably close to Byron.

Casey Reyes
He'll need an army of undead soldiers who have clawed their way out of Oblivion to defeat me.

Reyes holds his pose, staring a hole through Byron's face before turning to the camera in familiar fashion.

Casey Reyes
Do not stand in my way.

With this, Casey grabs his straps and pulls them over his shoulders before picking up his elbowpads and leaving, allowing NXT to move on.
Twyztad
Twyztad
Midcard Playboy
Midcard Playboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Miztacular Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:11 am

Kanes music hits, he walks slowly to ring followed by Reyes and JustIN Sane, mic in hand, ready to speak to the NXT Universe! He climbs in the ring, Justin Sane and Casey Reyes stand tall upon the apron, looking out for any potential attacks.

Kane:
As the General Manager of NXT, it's my job, to do whats best for business. So tonight, as a reward, for your efforts. Fosse, you will go up againt, Ryan Kent, and if you win, you will get your number one contenders match, against Eric Matthews, at NXT Arrival. Kent, you've been lucky, so far, but come NXT Arrival, your luck will run out, when you are locked, inside, the HELL IN A CELL! With JustIN Sane, he will destroy you, he will crush you, and then I.... Will pleasantly send you down to Hell!!!

Now Kendra, you, you and your silly games, will end, in four days time, at NXT Arrival when you go one on one with Casey Reyes in an Extreme Rules Match!!! I'll be looking forward to getting my... Our! NXT Championship back! The added bonus, is of course, you will lose your job, if you lose.

Now finally, Bryan Novak.... You will be, European Champion no more, come NXT Arrival, when Duo Maxwell and Big Bad rip you, to shreds! To make sure, this is the case, JustIN Sane, will soften you up tonight! When he takes you on in the main event.

Kane drops the mic, lifts his arms up, brings them down, the arena goes dark and flames erupt from the ring posts, the camera zooms into Kane who is laughing in the ring before it cuts to black.
Miztacular
Miztacular
Admin
Admin

Humor : Making Sons uncomfortable

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:07 am

This video appeared on the CommUniverse website earlier in the week…

……….Larry is seen trying to work out in the gym. His hair is tied back into a ponytail, and his lack of a shirt reveals the heavy tape around his ribs. Larry also has a thick brace around his left knee as well as several bruises and welts all over his body. Yet here he is, in the gym preparing for the fight to come at ArRival against a foe he has the luxury of choosing.

………. Larry bends over to pick up a barbell and cries out in pain before falling to his knees. Either the bar is too heavy or Larry is too hurt to lift it – probably a sad combination of the two.

………. As the camera swivels around so Larry can be seen from the front, he begins chuckling softly.

………. “I’ve been hurt before, you know,” he squeezes out through gritted teeth.

………. “And not just talking about my body. My heart and my soul, mi alma y mi corazón, they’ve all been tested to their absolute limit, but you know what? Yo viví, I lived, I survived, I could not be broken and that is not going to change now.”

………. Larry forces himself to get to his feet, groaning in pain as he does so. He looks dead into the camera and that pain is now visible in his eyes.

………. “You got me good last week, Ascension, but I’m still here! Y ahora, yendo lucha y entonces, ambos están muertos. Because if your place is to kill me, know that I’m going to drag you down with me.”

………. Larry’s eyes harden as though replays of what happened to him are flashing through his mind reigniting the flame that burns within him.

………. “JBL gave me a choice, and if I can’t get you both, I’m going for the next big thing,” Larry says, a smile creeping onto his face. “I’m going for the big thing. Konnor, I’m going take you out first and then that little bitch Viktor will have nowhere to run.”

………. The smirk disappears, replaced by a scowl. “And then I’ll do ten times worse to him what you did to me and Rick. I’m not going to be 100% at the pay per view, but that’s only going to make you look more pathetic when you lose.”

………. The screen fades to black as Larry turns and walks away.

-------------

This video appeared on the CommUniverse website earlier in the day…

………. Renee Young is seated in a chair and a nurse walks in front of the camera, momentarily obscuring the view. Young smiles as she addresses the audience.

………. “Folks, welcome and today I have a very special guest at the time. Allow me to introduce NXT’s own, one half of The R ‘n’ L Express: Rick.”

………. The camera zooms out to fit Rick into frame who’s sitting on the doctor’s table with his leg propped up. He still looks to be in bad shape all these weeks after the last pay per view which isn’t good news for those who were hoping he’d make a surprise appearance at the next pay per view to aid his best friend.

………. “Thanks for joining me, Renee,” he says, forcing a smile despite the pain he must be in, “I’m sure you’re starting to enjoy the hospital smell.”

………. Young chuckles and smiles back. “It’s really starting to grow on me,” she replies. “But the fact that you’re still having to come here is concerning to some who are watching what is happening to your tag team partner, Larry.”

………. Rick shakes his head. “He’s not just a tag team partner Renee,” he says, his voice calm and even, a noticeable contrast from Larry. “We don’t wrestle in the ring, shake hands, and go our separate ways. He’s my friend. I’ve crashed at on his couch and he’s stayed over at my house and made me sleep on my couch too.”

………. Rick smiles as the memories surface. Renee nods understandingly. “So it must be hard watching him go through this ordeal with The Ascension.”

………. “It’s even harder than anyone can imagine because I told him not to.” Rick pauses for a second then adds, “And because I thought he’d listen.”

………. Renee runs a hand across her forehead to sweep away the bangs. “I take it he’s always like this, then?

………. Rick laughs, “Believe it or not, he’s been worse.” His expression goes serious, the laugh feeling like lifetimes ago now. “We were just kids, Renee. Kids who had to fend for ourselves … kids who would be in jail right now for getting caught up in some stupidness in an attempt to live another way.”

………. “What saved you?” her voice is soft, compassionate.

………. “Wrestling. It gave us an out, a way to legally make money, a means to vent our anger and our frustrations without anyone dying. It gave as a dream to believe in and a goal to strive for.”

………. Renee cocks her head to the side. “If you don’t mind me saying, it’s hard to imagine you angry.”

………. Rick lets himself smirk. “That because compared to Larry’s anger, everyone else is happy. Me taking on the Ascension alone is my emotions getting the better of me and look where that got me. I knew something like this would happen and I knew Larry would try to avenge me, but I went into the ring away and I paid the price for my stupidity.”

………. Rick releases a deep sigh. “Normally, I keep my wits about me, because when an opponent knows they’ve gotten in your head, they have an edge that’s almost impossible to overcome,”

………. Rick clenches his jaw. “But I am angry about this business with The Ascension, and when I’m back, this will be settled once and for all.”

………. “When are you coming back, Rick?”

………. Rick looks away. “I don’t know. But Larry needs me, and if I have to crawl to the ring with one leg to help him then I will.”

………. “It doesn’t seem like Larry can survive much longer if these attacks continue. Do you think he can win this fight alone?”

………. Rick and Renee lock eyes and it seems as though the answer is translated through that gaze. Still, Rick scratches the back of his head as he thinks of a way to verbalize his feelings.

………. “I don’t know,” he begins. “He’s hurt, and he’s too mad to think straight. But Larry has been battling against the odds all his life, and more often not he’s found a way to survive. He has his scars and he has his battlewounds, but what’s important is that he’s not six feet under.”

………. “You haven’t answered the question, Rick,” Young says softly but firmly. “Do you think Larry can do this alone?”

………. Silence fills the room for several tense seconds. “No,” Rick answers. “No I don’t think Larry can do this alone. But I know he will fight his hardest because he would rather go out swinging than watching the pitch go by.”

………. Both Rick and Young look up as the nurse re-enters the room and it looks as though the interview is over, though Rick has one thing left to say.

………. “Larry might lose this battle and the one after that, but he’ll keep coming back for more because he hates losing more than he loves winning and he won’t stop until he finds a way to win. Konnor and Viktor don’t know what they’ve gotten themselves into. When I get back, Renee, when I am back in that ring … the war will be ours.”

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzy Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:46 pm

………. Things start with a replay of NXT ArRival’s first match between Konnor and Larry with Viktor lurking at ringside. At the match’s climax, Larry climbs to the top rope, kicks Viktor off the apron, then manages to put Konnor away with a devastatingly elegant dragonrana.

………. Backstage, Larry is breathing heavily, a towel draped over his head and much of his face paint wiped away. Still, even through the pain, he manages a smile.

………. “¡Yo lo hice! Ascension thought they had me right where they wanted me, but I proved them wrong. I…”

………. He winces and doubles over clutching his ribs. Through gritted teeth he continues to speak. “I told them this would happen. Pero no me escuchan. And so they paid the price.”

………. Larry chuckles softly. “Everyone kept bringing up Rick’s interview, about how he said he didn’t think I would win.”

………. He wipes strands of hair out of his face. “Rick is the smartest guy I know, and no one knows me better than he does,” Larry says. “He knew me hearing 'no' would only make me fight harder, and it worked.”

………. Larry pauses for a second. “It worked, but I  know that the fight isn’t over. Rick was right, this was just one of many battles, but Ascension, I hope you realize now that winning the war won’t be as easy as you thought.”

………. Despite everything that Larry’s endured tonight, and over the months, you can see the fire start burning within him.

………. “I took down Konnor, so that just leaves you Viktor,” Larry grins mischievously. “If I took down the big guy, what makes you think you’ll survive? What makes either of you think that you can stop The R ‘n’ L Express from becoming the best damn tag team this business has ever seen?”

………. He throws down the towel and pulls the camera up close until only his eyes, sharp and focused, are visible.

………. “This is our destiny and you two are just two obstacles in our paths that we will run right over,” he says, his words hitting hard. “Tonight was just the first step in wiping you off the face of the earth and I will not rest until you regret the day you thought we would be easy pickings.”

………. Larry steps back. “Viktor, I don’t know when, I don’t know how, and I don’t care whether you want to fight or not … you’re next. Estas muerto.”

………. The video ends as Larry walks away.

krzy
Main Event Star!
Main Event Star!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next